Happy birthday Bitlive & Bitlive!

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Happy birthday Bitlive & Bitlive!

Post by Chappers »

A big happy birthday to the Bitlives, you old codgers! :D

Markus, does this mean that their cakes can go to a worthy cause, for example, my stomach? :wink:
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I'm still annoyed to this day that I missed the first two Back in Time events...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

A BIG happy birthday to what really has been something very special :clap: :cheers:
Thanks to MR ABBOTT for some fantastic times & great memory's.
And I must say that after all the fantastic events that have been, I am chuffed to bits that I am finally going to be performing live
at this years B.I.T :rock: :lol:

Bring it on,
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

merman wrote:I'm still annoyed to this day that I missed the first two Back in Time events...
Why was that, btw? I didn't know you didn't go, if you see what I mean...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

I never made the second one (bizzare, was mentioning that to Andreas yesterday)

.... how time flies!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

dan gillgrass wrote:I never made the second one (bizzare, was mentioning that to Andreas yesterday)

.... how time flies!
I never made Germany, which means Mayhem has been to more BIT Lives than I have ;-)

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I really expected Bitlive to fizzle out by now, and every year since bit 3 i must say i am delighted to be proved wrong. I thought Chris would have lost his apetite for it but he still keeps organising these events and each and everyone has been a success (In enthusiasts terms).

I lost my enthusiasm somewhat a few years back and I dunno how Chris manages to keep up that energy to keep doing it year after year.

I bet you never expected this to come from me Chris; But you SIR are a credit to the scene. Well Done and happy Birthday Bitlive.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

HB B&B!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Aw, thanks Neil, thanks guys :) We'll celebrate the anniversary of BIT Live 3 at BIT Live :)

I have to say though, at the tail end of last year, I had no appetite for doing BIT Live again, until Seth Sternberger kicked my butt and I'd seen Jeroen perform at CRC. The event wouldn't be what it was without the amazing giving performances of everyone who performs. And it's the same this time: the audience gets off on the performances because they KNOW the performers are having the time of their lives :) Most of the audience will never have heard any of the acts, which makes this kind of fresh.

I'm just glad that the scene doesn't have to rely on me to deliver all year round, and has the great sites it does. Some day I'll write the proper story of BIT Live before I forget the nuances: it's mostly about the funny anecdotes, such as Jeff Minter baa-ing at Warren Pilkington from a hotel window after BIT Live 1, Kenz hearing PPOT together for the first time at BIT Live 3 rehearsals, Rob Hubbard's hangover at BIT Lite, Boz providing a shoulder to cry on at BIT Live 4, and Skitz giving that fucking hard disk recorder a good kicking at Brighton*. Or having to give out CDs on the pavement to people who couldn't get into BIT Live 3...

It's all about moments :)

Hope you'll be there, Neil! If you don't take part in the breakdance competition I'll be VERY disappointed ;-)

Chris

* OK, he didn't actually give it a kicking, but I wouldn't have blamed him if he did...
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Chris Abbott wrote: Hope you'll be there, Neil! If you don't take part in the breakdance competition I'll be VERY disappointed ;-)
Heh heh, Ill make sure he is pissed enough cos THATS something I would wanna see ;)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Chris Abbott wrote:
merman wrote:I'm still annoyed to this day that I missed the first two Back in Time events...
Why was that, btw? I didn't know you didn't go, if you see what I mean...

Chris
I was on holiday with the family at the time.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

HB to the BIT Lives :)

As for BIT Germany, I think I was the only non German there... unless can say otherwise. I'm nothing if not mad and dedicated! :lol:

(and I had fully anticipated sleeping somewhere rough until the return flight left until a mate whom I didn't know was gonna be there popped up and offered me a bed to crash on!)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Hope you'll be there, Neil! If you don't take part in the breakdance competition I'll be VERY disappointed ;-)
Well, Surprise I am there - Dan has it all planned out very neatly while I sat on my ass and did nothing ;)

Heh, Dunno about the break dance thing but not one to bow out of a challenge.. I'll do it - IF YOU DO! :D

(erm, I said that once to a mate in Spain.. I'll never bungie again thats for sure!)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

So gossips was your first BIT too !! :shock: - well, for the record I only ever made it to Gossips and Brighton. Brighton is a tough one to try and better, great venue, easy access. I had my heart set on that SIDStock idea, but it seems to have dropped through the net, and since the next one is remixers, and, i'm actually not that sociable a person anyway, I doubt i'll be attending future events (I only got to know kenz by needing to borrow a marker pen) . Those 2 though - WHOA-like, will remember them forever; amazing stuff, and I have snippetts of London on the DVD. Cheers Chris.