C64Audio.com is changing...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: C64Audio.com is changing...

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, I don't know how this thread aged, but I just did not see the next six years coming.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

Chris Abbott wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">15/11/2020 - 0:29</span> Well, I don't know how this thread aged, but I just did not see the next six years coming.
Funny how things work out, huh?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Glad it turned out the way it did! Way to go Chris!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Thanks Markus.

Oddly, I feel like I'm approaching a similar junction after I have finished all the Kickstarter stuff. 8BSP2 may well be my last one. After that it's finish that Hubbard book, the Hubbard '80 vinyl and the score books, clean up the BITSC loose ends, and then start promoting the orchestral stuff to the classical world so it can be played in whole or part by other orchestras. Also, clean up the records at PPL and upload more stuff to Spotify.

If another proper 8BS concert happens, great. I don't know if the window closed on that though, and if the audience sticks stubbornly at < 1000 people, it might not work. With twice as many people we could have had massive concerts and laser shows by now. 1000 is just about enough to get stuff done, but with very little margin for error and cost-cutting all the way.

The window is closing and we're losing people. We might be able to get one last hurrah out of it. I'm really glad Rob has looked after himself - he completely changed his habits when he moved to California and healthcare started to be expensive!

But you gotta mourn who we lost so far.

Chris
soren_ladegaard
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by soren_ladegaard »

I know this is an old thread. But the remix scene owes SO much to C64audio.

I clearly remember buying the original Back In Time CD. And to this day the rendition of Rambo Loader still stands out as one of the best!
I also fondly remember the live gig in Copenhagen around 2004 or so. At the time I ran The Commodore Billboard website with Commodore TV-ads etc. long before Youtube. I remember PPOT giving me a CD of their first album as "payment" for using the TV-ads that I had grabbed from an old VHS tape sent to me by a former sales representative from C=.

I work as a police officer and remember one time around 2002 or so I was patroling a residential area in the suburbs of Copenhagen. I heard the original BIT CD blasting though an open window somewhere and I smiled to myself....."I'm not the only geek in the area" :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hehe, that's amazing :)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

What a cool story, Soren!

Chris, somehow I can't imagine you just stopping. ;)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

soren_ladegaard wrote: ..."I'm not the only geek in the area" :)
Heh, awesome! :D
All is lost.