Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

merman wrote:Welcome to the forum Roman, would be great if you could make it to Back in Time this year!
Depends on how it will go with Forever 8 this year. My wife isn't very keen on me going away for 2 days !! ;-))
http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

Hello there, people!

So, yeah.

I'm Magnus von Goës Karlström, 20-year-old geek from Sweden.

You can se me in #slayradio as KennyMan - efnet sucks and only allows nine letters in a nick.

Started listening to SLAY Radio after discovering MAstering Swedish, but I've always like chip music... then again, I listen to pretty much all kinds of music.

Also, I just noticed that Boz lives in Göteborg, just like I do nowadays. That's awesome.
Bättre en fågel i handen än tio i gjutjärn.
tmx

Post by tmx »

Hello!
Im newly registrerd here so I figured Id say Hi to everyone and introduce my self.

I recently sent one of my many game remixes to remix.kwed.org and it was accepted :D

Figured I might as well join here too as I have more music waiting for upload.

My real name is Sonny nilsson, i come from sweden and im 29 yrs old.
Been a "tracker" for many years now starting back on the good ol amiga 500.

I still use trackers to this day but not as often as before, favorite music software now is madtracker and buzz, really flexible tools :)

Anyhow, It's nice to meet you all and I must say dang you guys make darn good music.

//
TmX
O
o
°
°

<°)))><
digitalbeat

Greetings from DB

Post by digitalbeat »

Hi

I'm 34-years old electronic musician and artist from Finland.
I have been producing some techno/trance/electro tracks for Bjorn Lynnes Shockwave Sound for about 2 years now.

I am also a Bjorn Lynne fan. Perhaps the Divinorum project is what fits into my music taste the best. Some other tracks from Bjorn Lynnes main project are "awesome" too.

There's some good olskool music at slayradio, well done. :)
Added to bookmarks.
khisanth
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by khisanth »

Might aswell stick my name in here as only recently started posting on here.

My name is Thurstan, 31 years old from London, living in Liverpool after doing a degree in Astrophysics and getting a job as a software consultant near manchester.

I'm a big retro computer/console collector and videogamer having grown up with my trusty Amstrad CPC. I always loved the Commodore 64 music and tunes, which my Amstrad could very rarely compete with. So got into emulators, SIDs and the mighty Slay radio!

I love attending retro events from BIT, Jagfest, CGEUK etc. The retro scene is fantastic at the moment, so many friendly and interesting people out there. The SID remixers have my utmost respect for the amazing things they come up with.

I am as musically talented as a toilet brush, but would love to do a remix one day . . .
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

khisanth wrote:...I am as musically talented as a toilet brush, but would love to do a remix one day . . .
Welcome to the club of the dead remixers! :lol:
I'd love to do a remix, too. But even stones have more talent than me (if properly smashed together by a troll [see Terry Pratchet]).
All is lost.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Thurstan? Liverpool? Amstrad?

You gotta be Thurstan Johnson then. My gawd man, you're everywhere. :D
nosidtalgia

Post by nosidtalgia »

Hello, i'm as musically talented as a cat on a hot tin roof, but i do enjoying listening to the remixes.

Thank you remixers for the effort you put in
agent4125
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by agent4125 »

Hey there,

I've been a fan of the remix scene for about 4 years now, so I figured I'd finally come forward and admit it. =)

I also make games that are usually inspired by the C=64, which I grew up with. My latest game is sort of like Lazy Jones actually, and I'll be trying to write the music for that, though it won't be a remix. I'm a drummer, which makes writing real music a bit of a challenge, but I might attempt a remix of my own one of these days. I'm thinking Temple of Apshai because its catchy and simple.

Anyway, you guys are all good. Keep it up!

Joe Lesko
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Hey Joe
Where are you going with that drumstick in your hand?

Welcome!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
chapperz

Post by chapperz »

Well for those of you that don't know me, I'm chappers big bro (and I was called Chapperz before he was, cos I'm older than him, so there :D )

Anyway, cos I don't post on here very often, my account keeps getting deleted so this is the 3rd frickin time I've had to register, for Hubbard's sake!! (please don't delete me again Mr. Nice System Administrator bloke). So I look like another newbie but I'm not.

Been into the ol' bread bin since around 1983 when a friend who was wealthier than me got one. Still loving it, play the games all the time (mostly via my GP2X), still loving the music and hoping to finally get to BIT Live, but usually being too skint to go...

Anyway, could say loads more but it would get very boring. Hoping to meet some of my heroes at some point and some guys & girls who know my little bro very well.

So cheers!

:D
Dr. Bongo
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Hi!

Post by Dr. Bongo »

Hi all,

Just thought I`d stand up and be counted. To cut a long story short, other than my younger days I kind of re-found my love for SID sounds about 7 years ago just before I did 5 years contracting in the Netherlands. During those 5 years I had limited internet access so remix64/RKO/SLAYradio/etc. completely passed me by. After moving home (on a sunday morning layed in bed with my laptop to be precise) I found this SLAYradio thing and suddenly realised I`m not alone!

Started Remixing beginning of this year, have one already on RKO and hope to have a few more. Cheers and hope you enjoy my work.
Wilba

Post by Wilba »

Hi all,

My name's Wilba, I've only just joined this forum after many years hanging out over at the MIDIbox forum (having been a MIDIbox SID fan for a while and selling SIDs to many people who probably hang out here too!)

Now that my MB-6582 is built, I came here to see if anyone else wanted some PCBs (see the other thread I posted) and I'll probably hang out here more now I have something to make C64 remixes with!

But first, a very newbie question: Is it really cliche to want to make a Warhawk remix?

Wilba
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Wilba wrote:But first, a very newbie question: Is it really cliche to want to make a Warhawk remix?

Wilba
Hey I get to be the first to welcome Wilba to the board!! SO WELCOME!!! :)

I dont think its a cliche to want to remix Warhawk, I know songs like Arkanoid and Commando have been remixed to death, but I still like hearing new remixes.

Every one has their own touch when it comes to remixing a classic and I always like to hear them.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120