C64 colors

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

I noticed that the pepto palette IS in vice1.19 but it is called vice.vpl :P
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Frankly: I still think the default Vice palette + PAL emulation looks better on my TFT. The pepto represents the exact RGB output from the VIC II chip. But on a TV it looked more saturated - very much like Vice does.
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

This has been an enlightening thread.

Craig, don't you find the Power64 screen emu very nice? I love the blur effect :-)
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Power64 is a stunning emulator, and it always has been. It was doing advanced stuff way before most Windows- and DOS-based C64 emulators, and even though PC-based emulators have largely "caught up" now, Power64's ease-of-use is still of paramount importance (such as being able to manage files via drag and drop).

The video options all work pretty well, and its compatibility is high, which is useful for those occasions where I write about C64 software and have to take screen grabs.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

CraigG wrote:Power64 is a stunning emulator, and it always has been.
Just installed it on my G4 PB. Plugged the USB Competition Pro in and was sneaking around corridors in Citadel in no time. Scrolling is a bit jerky, though. But I only tried that one game before the 10-minute trial period was up. :D

Incidentally, the Byterapers crack of Citadel on http://www.C64.net isn't a proper one. The traps doesn't spring the same enemies as on the original disk. Actually, a lot of groups had this bug in their cracks of that game. Those of you who know my scene background get no points for guessing which group releaed a 100% accurate version. ;)
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Gah... been yonks since I've tried to think in YUV.

*shudders*

Puts me in mind of the "Kerchunk, sproinngggg" of single-frame video recorders laying down renders to tape, one very very very slow frame at a time...
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk