Timbaland in unauthorised SID usage allegations

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

ZebUK wrote:
razmo wrote:Yeah! go get him!... don't forget to yell: TIMBAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! when he falls! :sly:
PMSL!!!
Don't you mean TIMBAAAAAA when he LANDS? ;-)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Chris: don't you yell "Timber!" when a tree is actually falling?... would be a little late to yell it when the darn tree HAS landed... eh? :lol:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Now, I've just been reading the comments on youtube, at those clips that surely reveal Timbaland ripped that tune... I was really amazed to see how "normal" people or "fans" think of music! ... some of the comments are just so downright outrageous and unfair! ... I mean; to respond, that Janni should be glad Timbaland took her piece of crap and made something nice of it.... jesus!... these fans are totaly blinded!!!

Those threads just really prove that the general public has no clue as to how the music industry works... their morale and ethics are really warped! ... I really felt like responding, but the thread shows nothing but two sides hacking at each other...

If money can get Timbaland out of this mess, I have no faith in the industry anymore... now my faith can be on a VERY LITTLE space right now, but this would kill all that is left for sure! ... it's corrupt!... just pay people the right amount of money, and you can get away with anything... jesus!...

As someone wrote; if he'd ripped Jimmi Hendrix he'd be up to his eyeballs in lawsuits... the same justice should be prosecuted on him even if the author is not famous...

damn!... well... is it too late to say I'M SPEECHLESS!? :shock:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Glenn0RG wrote:http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=fLYk0tWn5bI

Dont know if you saw this yet : "do it" music video on youtube with Nelly.
Check out the Some of the earlier pages in this thread lots of examples and comparisons of "Do It" vs the original version.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

razmo wrote: If money can get Timbaland out of this mess, I have no faith in the industry anymore... now my faith can be on a VERY LITTLE space right now, but this would kill all that is left for sure! ... it's corrupt!... just pay people the right amount of money, and you can get away with anything... jesus!...
:
??? Do you think he should go to jail?
Of course it's about money cos that's what he earned with GRG's tune.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Romeo Knight:

To Jail!? did I write that? ... no (I don't believe in jail, unless it's to physically protect others from harm)... I just think he should admit that he stole the damn thing, and leave the whole track in Janni's ownership!... just like Stones did with The Verve! ... if they had to, why should timbaland not?

As I see it, the only difference here is, that Stones are famous, and has the money to do something about it... it's not fair, that you can escape with such a feat just because the original owner is without funds to do something about it... it's just like when rich countries take advantage of African riches...

it's one big capitallistic system that make laws and everything go round these days... and no... I'm not naive, I can see it's the way things work, but I for sure can have an opinion against it... :wink:
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

There are some nice laws... only thing is how to circumvent them... money helps a lot there... definately a damn lot. :roll:
All is lost.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

razmo wrote:Now, I've just been reading the comments on youtube, at those clips that surely reveal Timbaland ripped that tune... I was really amazed to see how "normal" people or "fans" think of music! ... some of the comments are just so downright outrageous and unfair! ... I mean; to respond, that Janni should be glad Timbaland took her piece of crap and made something nice of it.... jesus!... these fans are totaly blinded!!!
For a start..... U have to realize most of those commenting werent even born when the C64 or as a matter of fact the Amiga was on the Market. So they dont have a point of reference or adoration... They dont know what the "Scene" is, they dont know the passion behind C64 Music. All they see in their eyes is that their favoutie artist is being attacked for some sampling which is a completely normal thing when it comes to Hip Hop and the type of music Timbaland does, for an example Dumbo (My nickname for timbaland) has released an album called Shock Value and there is a track on it called "Way I Are" which is currently getting a lot of radio play here. The main lead is an arppegiated version of the main Lead from "Salt N Pepa's: Push IT" Which again he's fans would not recognize since that song was released in 1992 and most were probably too young to remember.

If the average Dumbo fan is 18 years old, that would put them at being born around 1989.

Oh by the way the the "Way I are" Song? Sounds like crap, listening to it through my head phones I could hear samples ending abruptly, bad mastering etc.. for a track which is basically entirely made up of samples you would think care would be taken in making the production a bit cleaner.

But I guess the target audience is not that sophisticated and probably at the end doesnt care about the interacasies we appreciate and as long as it has a thumping beat and some lyrics thats good enough for them and it dont matter that some guy in finnland got ripped off.

The Latest Ripp off story is, piano melody from "Chrono Trigger"
Last edited by Analog-X64 on 31/07/2007 - 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Vosla: yesss.... and that is what's unfair, and darn hard to do anything about, because you have no power.... such are life, even for the animals... those with power, exploit those without, and make their laws to make it look "right"... the human dilema... power and religion will be the downfall of the human race, if we're not struck by a giant meteor before that :lol:

well... now it's gettin offtopic, let's get back on "track"... timbaland track that is :wink:
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog X: yes... I'm aware of the time difference between his fans and the scene... but even those young fans should know it's not right to steal others work... you don't need to know the scene to know that. I can understand that they'll want proof... and they got that, and obviously felt "attacked" on their "Timbeland culture" (it's so to say an attack on them as well because he's so famous)... The proof is clear enough, but some in those threads totaly flip out!!! and they disgrace and offend the original composer in the process... to me it's just a bunch of idiots, who are too proud to realise, that their hero has revealed to be a thief... it's denial when it's most ugly! :?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

razmo wrote: The proof is clear enough, but some in those threads totaly flip out!!! and they disgrace and offend the original composer in the process... to me it's just a bunch of idiots, who are too proud to realise, that their hero has revealed to be a thief... it's denial when it's most ugly! :?
Goes back to what I was saying about the audience and age group, the ones flipping out are just immature and lack the maturity to see this whole scenario for what it is.

Also dumbo fans, dont know the difference between the types of sampling. Depeche Mode and The Art of Noise sampled heavily, but they were not sampling other artists but rather banging metal objects or other day to day sounds and coming up with new and creative sounds. In Hip Hop, you sample other artists hard work and slap them together and call it you're own.

You think Dumbo fans know anything about this? I think not.

They should all go listen to "Construction Time Again" a lot of samples in that album but you wouldnt know it, because its all original sounds.

Again.... it has a good beat.....sells on iTunes thats all its about.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

He admitted he "sampled" it. It's not about the industry, it's about justice. If you want a moral industry, the case should never have begun, since Timberland should have never used the music unauthorized.

But justice is about setting the record straight, and possibly sanctioning misdeeds, although that's a secondary issue, as far as I'm concerned.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

For me, the issue in this case is not how timbaland is reacting... the world is filled with rich idiots who lost connection to the ground... what I find amazing is, that these "Timbaland Zombies" don't get it... everyone is taught from childhood, that it's not nice to take credit from others work... to me it seems like a cultural thing... HipHop culture is STRONG! ... in fact so strong, that fans obviosly find breaking the laws fair!

Now the outcome of this case is really exiting! ... I'm still waiting to see if justice will serve... because if he gets away with this, something is surely wrong... the rules of copyright should be equal for everyone...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I don't think it will get to court, actually. The technical evidence is too damning: and actually, it's the record company's problem if they have really expensive lawyers, not GRG's, since they're the one paying them. And if it gets to court, GRG can't lose: it's only a question of "how much"?

"Out of Court settlement" for the win :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Analog-X wrote:
Glenn0RG wrote:http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=fLYk0tWn5bI

Dont know if you saw this yet : "do it" music video on youtube with Nelly.
Check out the Some of the earlier pages in this thread lots of examples and comparisons of "Do It" vs the original version.
No no, this one's a real music video with Nelly Furtado. Might mean they'll release it as a single in some country.