Anyone in the Manchester area ?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Anyone in the Manchester area ?

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

"Good news, everyone."

I'll be in Manchester from July 30th to August 6th. Haven't got anything scheduled for thursday and part of friday. Anyone (Glyn/Neil) want to meet up?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Octave Sounds and Danceaway are from Manchester :)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Even got a themesong ready on ye olde mp3 player... =)

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Bolton, Barnsley, Nelson, Colne, Burnley, Bradford, Buxton, Crewe, Warrington, Widnes, Wigan, Leeds, Northwich, Nantwich, Knutsford, Hull, Sale, Salford, Southport, Leigh, Derby, Kearsley, Keighley,Maghull, Harrogate, Huddersfield, Oldham, Lancs, Grimsby, Glossop, Hebden Bridge

It's Grim Up North
It's Grim Up North

Brighouse, Bootle, Featherstone, Speke, Runcorn, Rotherham, Rochdale,
Barrow, Morecambe, Macclesfield, Lytham St. Annes, Clitheroe, Cleethorpes, The M62

It's Grim Up North
It's Grim Up North

Pendlebury, Prestwich, Preston, York, Skipton, Scunthorpe, Scarborough-on-Sea, Chester, Chorley, Cheedle Hulme, Ormskirk, Accrington Stanley, and Leigh, Ossett, Otley, Ikley Moor, Sheffield, Manchester, Castleford,
Skem, Doncaster, Dewsbury, Hali-fax, Bingley, Bramall

Are all in the North

It's Grim Up North
It's Grim Up North
It's Grim Up North
It's Grim Up North
It's Grim Up North
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It's a bit grim in London, too.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Jan! u mention Barrow and not Dalton! what were you thinking!!!!!!!
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Simple reasons really

Post by Waz »

dan gillgrass wrote:Jan! u mention Barrow and not Dalton! what were you thinking!!!!!!!
Simple reason: he was just quoting the lyrics to the KLF's über-classic "It's Grim Up North". It may have been true 10 years ago mind you, but not any more!

Not least since Bill Drummond had an art exhibit at the Cornerhouse in Manchester so you could get 1/20000th of a piece of artwork he's flogging off. (well, Jan and I have a piece of it anyway).

Needless to say Dan, when Jan comes over I think a trip to Vinyl Exchange is an absolute must of course.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Hille
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Hille »

Hey Jan...Bring me a BBC Master from over there, will ya?? :P
Thus spake Thomas Hillebrandt
<A href="http://computer.thomashillebrandt.com">...</A><A href="http://www.thomashillebrandt.com">www.thomashillebrandt.com</A><A href="http://computer.thomashillebrandt.com">...</A><BR>
dan gillgrass

Re: Simple reasons really

Post by dan gillgrass »

wazzaw wrote:Needless to say Dan, when Jan comes over I think a trip to Vinyl Exchange is an absolute must of course.
Hah! oh yes! and round it off playing Theatre of Magic pinball ("you must concentrate!" awwwww shit!) and a good scoffing of pizza at Babylon ;)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

dan gillgrass wrote:round it off playing Theatre of Magic pinball ("you must concentrate!" awwwww shit!) and a good scoffing of pizza at Babylon ;)
If only anywhere in Manchester had pinball machines anymore <sigh> then I would. Theatre of Magic was a classic, no doubt about it though. That and Star Trek: TNG as well.

As for Babylon, it's still there after all these years, you'll be pleased to know. But these days if you want to pig out, No. 1 Oriental Buffet is the place to go.

Of course, when Jan comes over, I plan to do the "Manchester softcos" tour for him which includes old and new Ocean (as was), the offices of English Software, Software Creations old HQ (above the Spar on Oxford Road, no less!), and so on..
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

Software Creations used to be above the Spar...? The amount of times I've been there at 3.00 in the morning smashed out of my face and I never knew... :wink: