'djbalor' caught stealing C64 remixes

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
smila
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: 'djbalor' caught stealing C64 remixes

Post by smila »

same thing has happened in the land of retro remakes, some cheeky twats where bundeling a bunch of remakes on a disk and selling them, now i make sure we have a screen saying the remake is free and if anyone has paid for it to demand their cash back.
woop tis a remaker
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

LMan wrote:Pathetic. Pitiable.
That about sums it up.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Heads up Hazel, release a cd and I will buy it :D

This is like when someone a while back claimed that he had done my WOTEF remix, I emailed him and yelled (how that now works, lol)
He atleast said I'm sorry.

I think it's about time to register the own tracks at STIM (or whatever there is in other countries) so when someone claims that he have done it, there is proof that he didn't...
Though I think the track has to beplayed on a radio station or something before it can be registered, but that wouldn't be a problem i guess? :P

I have to look this up before I prepare for some release...whenever that is... :wink:

Stealers is just pathetic, lazy idiots that... Why bother, they are IDIOTS!
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
ChaCha

Post by ChaCha »

Hazel,

I registered here on this forum just to tell you that I feel really bad about what Djbalor did. I listened to the tracks he submitted for a long time and I thought that he had to be a genius of sorts for coming up with so many different tracks on a weekly basis. I think it's outrageous that this went on for such a long time before the truth came out.

I happen to know the guy who first recalled hearing one of the tracks before. He immediately informed the admins and started searching for the real authors of the tracks. It was all pretty shocking, because we had been fans of Djbalor's "work" for a long time and we both thought that he was overall a really cool guy.

But let's look at the silver lining. Now we're your fans. We've been listening to these tracks, we're really happy that there are more of them out there and we're also glad that we're now able to tell you how much talent you have! :cheers:

Overall, we know who the real artists are and we know where to find their official websites. So, in a way Djbalor did introduce us to your music even though he did it the worst possible way imaginable.

As for the thief, now everyone knows what a scumbag he is. He has to come face to face with the fact that the little network of friends and fans he built with the help of stolen music doesn't want to have anything to do with him anymore. He probably feels like crap right now. The only talent he has is to steal things and that won't get him very far in any respect.

Keep your chin up, Hazel. Keep up the good work. Don't let this guy get you down.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

ChaCha wrote:He probably feels like crap right now.
So true or he is to stupid that he doesn't care and keep doing this.

The thing with him now is that IF he does an own track(IF HE CAN!!!), noone will ever believe that he has made it.. LOL :D :hysterical:
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Squirrley
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Squirrley »

I would just like to say that i'm utterly disgusted by what the Djbalor fella has done!!! :x

Don't let him get to you, Hazel!!!!!
That's a lotta nuts!!
Sahkolihaa

Post by Sahkolihaa »

Popped over after Alien posted this on BitFellas (and read it on Furaffinity, being a member there my self) - don't let it get to you guys, continue making music if you enjoy it :)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Hazel and other artists.

I know its a terrible thing that has happened, and the extent of the situation does not make it any better.

Lets turn this tragedy around and make it into a positive thing, judging by the posts of the new members, there are a lot of fans of your tunes. I believe in the end this means that the FAN base of all of our excellent composers here will grow.

So embrace the new Fan Base, by making more tunes and not the opposite.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

(name removed) wrote:Seems that they even forgot to steal my megamixes. Maybe they was to big.
Seriously. Even in this thread you manage to squeeze in a plug for your own stuff. Do you seriously think everyone who wasn't ripped off should go ahead and say that here? Or should we start listing everything DjBalor didn't rip off?

Really. (name removed). Get a grip.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

i agree that's exactly what i was thinking Makke, it doesn't matter what the topic is there is always a self plug. :evil:
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Dumper wrote:i agree that's exactly what i was thinking Makke, it doesn't matter what the topic is there is always a self plug. :evil:
At least he removed the dubious link in the entry..it pointed to some game where you had to download a plugin.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

What a twat.

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

(name removed) wrote:Seems that they even forgot to steal my megamixes. Maybe they was to big.;)
Or perhaps he had standards.

But To be serious, I personally wouldn't get so worked up about this, the guy is only young (and a furry) and the damage is minimal.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

(name removed) wrote:I'm sorry that I didn't understand what's happened here at first but it was just an example. And I'm sorry for the artists which was affected by this tragedy. My comment was just meant as sarcasm about that. I don't really care if my stuff would also be affected because the source of every song and every remix will be found anytime if one of the thrustful consumer are looking around for alternative remixes and find it at RKO. But it doesn't worth the excitement. Instread I would get in contact with the webmaster or give to admonish the concerned person.
Ok, now you're just not making any sense. But at least you're not blaming it on someone hacking you computer.

I guess your sarcasm is too complex for me. And for Dumper. And probably most of Earth. And possibly other planets, assuming there's intelligent life, of course. You know, marscasm - alien sarcasm...from Mars. Or scarasm. The kind that hurts.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

What a sad excuse of a ripoff...

Hazel, it's seriously no fun to be victim to such a wierdo and he must have been seriously mentally challenged to think he could get away forever with his little stunt... I guess he is really kind of unsound, an attention addict or whatever - annoying but one pitiful fool.

Don't let that lose faith in your abilities or other people. :!:

I mean... when I've seen his picture, I was thinking he is punished enough with a look into the mirror each morning...
All is lost.