Most stupid comment(s) you've had for a remix?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Most stupid comment(s) you've had for a remix?

Post by Doddsy »

After reading about the voting system thought I 'd start this topic on stupid comments you have had for a remix. Maybe the guy posting just didn't get it or just didn't realise what they had written.

I haven't had many but one of the best ones that made me laugh was someone commented;

"It sounds a bit soundtrack like.."

Don't get me wrong but isn't C64 music a soundtrack for a game or a demo anyway!! :?

:lol:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Most stupid comment(s) you've had for a remix?

Post by Chris Abbott »

There's a "track" called "Light and Dark" on my website, which is a bonus track. Omoroca wrote something about it being some brainless dance track, or something similar: but the tracks is a whole album megamix which starts off lively and then gets darker and darker... (it was originally created for Retro Fusion). Perhaps the track got truncated or something on his download...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
analoq
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by analoq »

I can't say I've gotten any "stupid" comments from this community. But I've only got 1 remix at the moment...
Doddsy wrote:"It sounds a bit soundtrack like.."
If I heard this comment I would interpret it to refer to the "Hollywood" kind of score; the clichéd orchestral music in movies. No idea whether that would apply to your remix, though.

cheers.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I would not know, if anyone writes "stupid" replies, but some is kind of "hard on" and have additional tekst, that in my opinion is not necessary to make a point.

The review by Larsec of my "Terra Cresta" remix is a fair and square opinion... I don't mind people disliking my music, but to write stuff like:

"To me it sounds like he has no idea what he is doing, as if he doesn't know the original is 3/4 measurement. This might not be true, but that is what it sounds like..."

...is just really not doing much for me, and to be honest it felt like an insult. I DID purposefuly make that tune 4/4 because it was to be possible to dance to it, which is quite hard with the original version, unless someone intent to dance a Waltze to Terra Creasta! :lol:

So if any of you ever get maried, and want to be unique and do the bridal dance to Terra Cresta, please choose another version than mine, as it will not cut it rhythmicaly :lol:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Yes. It's those comments where you can see that the listener clearly didn't get the intent of the remix that I find a little annoying. Then again, we can't really blame the listener for it. After all, these are listener comments, not expert jury comments.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

LMan wrote:Yes. It's those comments where you can see that the listener clearly didn't get the intent of the remix that I find a little annoying. Then again, we can't really blame the listener for it. After all, these are listener comments, not expert jury comments.
Absolutely... there are as many opinions as there are people in the world I suppose... sometimes you just get the odd response with some added vocabulary, that you really don't see the purpose for as it adds nothing to the point but being insulting.

personaly I really don't give a **** what people think of my music... I make what I like, and some are bound to dislike it... especialy when someone has a very close connection with a tune. Normaly I would not even bother to complain about it (and I don't really)... this thread just opened a posibility to say what you think of some of your recieved comments, and I was puzzled by Larsec's extreme dislike of it, but even more that he could THINK, that I did not know what I was doing... his comment just made me feel that he got angry I could even DARE make such a version of Terra Cresta.

I'm no saint... I happen to THINK bad things about other remixes from time to time... but for me it stays a thought, others are direct and to the point... and to me, I'll rather have a constructive critisism with harsh words, than just a weird nonsaying response like for example "Kind of boring!" types of comments.

So for me, Larsec's comment is as valuable as the others... I just found it a little too harsh in some aspects.

But I guyess you cannot demand of anyone to write in a certain way... and that's the way it should be... freedom of speach...
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by nada »

" rossa shouts: Does anybody remind mod called just for blues? Dizzy cncd I think.. Well, however good mix guitar loops ecc, enjoyable"

This is the only stupid comment I've ever got. Leaving out the horrible use of the language, it refers to my live guitar solo on my "Bossa 'n Goblins" remix. Pretty annoying; in fact, it played a role in my decision to stop making remixes (the main reason is too much work, actually).

That's about it, really
Hypocrisy Is The Vaseline Of Social Intercourse
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

I've got a few.

Some bloke who goes by the name "Hamlet":
Image - So lal la
Ironic name on this guy. :P
Same guy also said...
Image - Portal Voice Singing is a fad now.
Yes, that automatically lends itself to the worst rating a song can have of course. :P

This one is pretty dumb, though.
Image - J
"J". Can't remember who shouted it (it seems to have been deleted from RKO).
Check out my website.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I've had a few strange comments on remixes over the years, but the most stupid one was one posted on Nectarine, which only could be interpreted as the listener blaming me for girls/women not liking computer/game music.

It was probably just a case of bad choise of words. My Arkanoid remix has got some strange comments as well, and I feel some people don't "get it", but it could also come down to simply not liking it.

I also hate it when people complain about remixes being "too short" calling them sound clips instead of real songs. I find the notion that a song has to be 3-5 minutes long to be a "real song" idiotic! Boiling a tune down to the essentials is also an artform, and take a look at most SIDs - they loop after a minute or so, and trying to turn them into something longer than that can feel forced. I'm also a big fan of 50s and 60s folk, rock and pop. The biggest hits from back then were often around 2 minutes long, some even shorter. I feel some people just look at the clock instead of listen to the tune, does the tune need more than 1 minute and 20 seconds? If not, why force it!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Makke wrote:I've had a few strange comments on remixes over the years, but the most stupid one was one posted on Nectarine, which only could be interpreted as the listener blaming me for girls/women not liking computer/game music.

It was probably just a case of bad choise of words. My Arkanoid remix has got some strange comments as well, and I feel some people don't "get it", but it could also come down to simply not liking it.

I also hate it when people complain about remixes being "too short" calling them sound clips instead of real songs. I find the notion that a song has to be 3-5 minutes long to be a "real song" idiotic! Boiling a tune down to the essentials is also an artform, and take a look at most SIDs - they loop after a minute or so, and trying to turn them into something longer than that can feel forced. I'm also a big fan of 50s and 60s folk, rock and pop. The biggest hits from back then were often around 2 minutes long, some even shorter. I feel some people just look at the clock instead of listen to the tune, does the tune need more than 1 minute and 20 seconds? If not, why force it!

Absolutely correct Makke! :D ... sometimes I really find it hard to push the envelope and do more than 2min... the rest seems like repetition for the sake of the magic 3 minute thing...

Maybe this means, that all of my almost 50 riffs at 30 sec. are finished! ... yay!!! :nod: ... or maybe not :confusion:
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Recently i got a very motivating shout for my "Rambo - First Blood" remix and i felt i must share the obvisiously endless wisdom of this guy with the rest of the world. That i would call a very helpful and constructive critism:
Wahhu shouts: Amok: stop it, please, occupy oneself something different, and not music.
Wahhu, whoever you are, I love you... :worship:
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

This is a good one on my "Ski dance (funk mix)"
Not a very special constructive or destructive comment...

"It's a cover of a cover... From the movie fire and ice..."

So? I knew that. That's not what I want to know, I want to know if it good or bad, technicaly etc... :hysterical:
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID