A Dr. Who question - looking for a certain episode

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

A Dr. Who question - looking for a certain episode

Post by beyond »

I guess that there are quite a number of experts on the subject here, so:

I'm looking for an episode of Dr Who - most likely with Tom Baker as The Doctor - where he is up against someone or something that has an army of robots (?) that can shoot with their fingertips. Too, (i think) this person or whatever makes look-a-like robots of human beings, to act as imposters.

Any clue? Any help is appreciated!
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: A Dr. Who question - looking for a certain episode

Post by FFRenzy »

beyond wrote:I guess that there are quite a number of experts on the subject here, so:

I'm looking for an episode of Dr Who - most likely with Tom Baker as The Doctor - where he is up against someone or something that has an army of robots (?) that can shoot with their fingertips. Too, (i think) this person or whatever makes look-a-like robots of human beings, to act as imposters.

Any clue? Any help is appreciated!
a bit of searching turned this up, i think it's the episode/series you are looking for : http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Android_Invasion
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Must be it! Thanks!
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Ok, seems that it is not available on DVD - or am I not able to search the net? Amazon for one doesn't have it other than on VHS which isn't an option these days. Can it be true that I'm not able to see this without breaking the law and get it on a torrent (which I won't)?
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

It is on YouTube if you want to watch it there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKqSCP7s ... re=related
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

So much easier. But how can this be legal?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

YouTube + uploader are held responsible for the legality of the content. AFAIK there are contracts similar to those of radio and tv stations, and some content is blocked in some countries. So if you can see it, you can assume it's legal to watch. And as long as there's no DVD release or rerun you could record, I highly doubt anyone will mind you watching this.

Also a copyright owner can pull the plug on a video anytime by reporting a copyright violation to YouTube.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

That's what I like, and when the FBI and the CIA knock on my door to take me into custody at Area51 to keep me forever, I'll just refer to you :)

As a general rule I don't think that it makes it legal to watch - just because I can get access to it on YouTube. No doubt the supplier of the video stream is more likely to get whooped than I :)

Being a creator of content (music & computer games) has made it important to me that everything that I listen to/watch/play is something I have the rights to, all computer software included. Expensive, yup, but the way to go if you want to bitch about people pirating on your business.

Thanks for your help, btw.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

No I mean, Youtube really has contracts making stuff legal. :) For example, here in Germany we see a black screen for Sony music videos, stating that it isn't avialable in our country.