Fruity Loops 11, official release candidate out today ..

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Fruity Loops 11, official release candidate out today ..

Post by AndyUK »

Floops 11 out today.. Final release candidate. Don't forget its a free upgrade for all existing users ( wohoooo )

http://www.image-line.com/documents/new ... 11-out-now

Anyone grab it yet, downloading mine as I type..
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Fruity Loops 11, official release candidate out today ..

Post by Commie_User »

Why am I the only one who doesn't like Fruityloops?

When last I looked, I found even the cut-down demo with my Audiophile very unintuitive, hard to even record and doing very little with real audio anyway. It must have changed dramatically these past years.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I never really got on with trackers either... I always preferred the free-flowing nature of Sonar.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Still use FL9 here. Mostly because I already have the Melodyne VST and that they made the blocks in the piano roll rounded! :P
Check out my website.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Melodyne's a good bit of kit, converting audio to MIDI, demixing uncluttered tracks and such. It doesn't deliver miracles but it's a miracle the average joe can use it.

And with digital handheld recorders so mindblowingly cheap, it's not impossible to demo a few tunes while they're fresh and improvised, then use Melodyne to correct tempo and pitch just-so, dump to MIDI for further playing-with and other minor perfections.

John Lennon with this could have led to Free As A Bird sounding truly studio-perfect when the Threetles re-worked it.

I'm after this one on Ebay. And if I don't get it, I can use my phone just as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sanyo-ICR-B29 ... fresh=true

Bloody marvellous. Just imagine half that in 1982.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

heh round edges.. yeah, I'm with you on that one..

Though on a serious note, the whole package feels a little more responsive, and the audio sounds a little cleaner too. I bought FL10 a while back so having free upgrades for life was a HUGE bonus for me. The best 100Bucks I've spent ( just the fruity edition ).

To be honest Fruity is perfect for me, I've tried various other editors but this makes it so easy for me. I don't know, i just work with it better than other editors I've tried ( I actually feel I'm making progress with audio creation for once ). Maybe because it reminds me of a tracker so damn much!! ( that was my first introduction to Computer music, back with Soundtracker )

Horses for courses at the end of the day!!
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

@Commie - You should really get a blog, since you often write so much it veers off the topic at hand. :p

@Andy - Fruity has an undeservedly bad reputation in my opinion. Anyway, I haven't actually bought it myself (Skitz gave me FL9, now that I think of it), but I am considering buying it just to sort of "cleanse" my dirty FL... and myself. :p If you are used to using Soundtracker, you should check out Renoise if you haven't already.
Check out my website.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

I now what you mean about it's poor reputation and I, for the life of me, can't see why.. It just 'works'. It does everything I ask of it, and has never crashed once. What else do you need??

Oh and the sub 100 price tag, bonus!!. I'm more than happy with it, and as I said, it finally feels like I'm making progress..
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Well if it's perfect for you Andy then, well, who are we to persecute a minority group? I've used the Magix series of software myself and I found them simple, good and easy. Yet the 'big boys' using Cubase or ProTools always got the kudos and support. You never can tell.

And yes, well, I suppose I did lurch off on my own Mordi. But I'm looking forward to using that idea myself, so I just knew I should share it.

Dunno about a blog though. Not enough people may read it and I know I've a captive audience here. All strapped in. Ready to take what I give 'em until I'm knocked off. (Bit like the BBC in that regard.) And for the most part you have to admit I stay in my cages, like Reaping The Ebay Harvest.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'm grateful for the activity!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I'm on FL Studio 10 as well, and I'm not happy about the rounded edges either, I like FL Studio because of the tracker feel to it and it was a natural progression from Edit Track Gold on Atari 1040STE

I have difficulty with drums and samples in FL Studio.

On my Roland W-30 I could very quickly map drum sounds onto a set of keys and record, but in FL seems to be a struggle.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
aden

Post by aden »

since the rounded edges were mentioned several times i want to suggest that you can easily change the edges back under:
piano-roll options -> view -> rounded (untick for squared-off)

best
aden

Post by aden »

Mordi wrote:Anyway, I haven't actually bought it myself (Skitz gave me FL9, now that I think of it), but I am considering buying it just to sort of "cleanse" my dirty FL... and myself. :p
Mordi, i have a legal license/account for FL Studio 11 + Harmless + Drumaxx - if you want contact me.