NEW: Human Race

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

NEW: Human Race

Post by Markus Schneider »

Hi folks,

after i was really getting' sick of orchestration the last days, i needed one day break. So i was playing on my keyboard with some synth samples to relax. I think the result is quite ok - just an easy listener ...

If you are interested while RKO is (understandably) lagging at the mo':
http://c64music.de/modules.php?name=Dow ... load&cid=1

Feedback appreciated, of course ... (I know it's always straining ... :wink: )

Cheers
Markus
Glyn R Brown
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Glyn R Brown »

Quality as usual Buddy :wink:
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

I especially like the relaxed flowing of it, and the female voice "ha-ahhh". Reminds me of the 80s-TV-soundtracks by Christian Bruhn (Captain Future, Oliver Maass). Not much more to say for the moment as my portable MP3-player is no sound-wonder.
putzi
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Nice work, remebers me of Michael Cretu in a Jarre mood :)

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Hehe, Jarre + Cretu is right, except for the drums. In Enigma-sound they would sound more "heavy". Heavy in the bass and a delay in the trebles. And not to forget the monk-vocals ;-)
putzi
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

putzi wrote:And not to forget the monk-vocals ;-)
Or the female orgasmic moans :)

BTW, Tatu are produced by Mr. Cretu...

bye.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

@Putzi: Wow, and I thought I'd be the only one who knows of "Oliver Maass" and all the other fantastic tunes of Christian Bruhn. 8) Man, this guy really had this "easy-listening"-flow in the 80ies. And the (German) Captain Future Soundtrack is imo the best soundtrack of all-times!!! :mrgreen:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Christian Bruhn

Post by putzi »

@Dr. Future: how about opening a new thread in General Conversation called "Christian Bruhn"? I think we´re off-topic here in Markus´ thread about his new release, but I wanna talk about CB and his tracks :-)
"Wer ist der Mann dort im Fjord...?" ;-)
putzi
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

@ALL feedbackers: thanks for your effort :D

@putzi and Dr.Future: As i did not think there will be much more feedbacks here (although 8x more dowloads than feedbacks - as usual :roll: ) - no problem talk about CB. (Meinen Segen habt ihr ...! :) )
Markus
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

@Markus: Uups, I missed the point, you're right. downloaded your song in my lunch-break and forget listening... :wink:

It's top stuff, very well done, maybe it lacks a little bit of this somewhat "special" thing, don't know how to describe, sorry. Maybe it's just too slick for my taste, dunno... :roll:

Please don't get me wrong: Top stuff! :D

Keep it up!
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Dr.Future wrote:... maybe it lacks a little bit of this somewhat "special" thing
The special thing is that there is no special thing. Don't search for a special thing. Press play, relax, nip from a coke, palm your dog/cat ........
8)
Dr.Future wrote:Please don't get me wrong: Top stuff! :D
I don't get ya wrong !@"1*$5&"@µ$§ ... :lol:
Markus
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

I wanna add it really sounds fluffy when played via a good amp here at home, but: I do really miss a sub-bass.
putzi
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

DHS wrote:BTW, Tatu are produced by Mr. Cretu...
Are you sure? I thought it was Trevor Horn (Pet Shop Boys, Frankie goes to Hollywood,...)

But who cares...

@ Markus: I really like your remix, it's relaxing stuff. The only thing i could criticize is that there's no real climax (despite the "female orgasmic moans" :wink: ), the second half lacks a bit of variation IMHO.

Maybe the beginning raised my expectations in a wrong way and this version is not meant to stop the world rotating, but in fact it stopped me from learning for my exams and gave me some chilling moments (baah, what a bad wordplay, sorry for that :wink: ).

Anyway, it's placed 2nd in my personal Human-Race-remix-ranking, together with Boz' cover...At number one still stays o2...

cheers,
Monty

P.S.: DHS, your picture reminds me strangely of this "forbidden fruit"...
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Monty wrote:...the second half lacks a bit of variation IMHO.
Maybe the beginning raised my expectations in a wrong way and this version is not meant to stop the world rotating ...
True. The whole thing was done during one evening/night, so i just had fun playing live on the keyboard, mixing some drums, that's it. The first time pure fun, no thoughts about keeping 48 tracks under control...got tired of orchestration. Now i feel much better ... :mrgreen:
Markus
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Human Race..

Post by merman »

Just listened to the remix, of course it reminds me of Jarre and particularly Destination Docklands.

It was incredible how Rob squeezed such an impressive soundtrack into a budget game, and Jon Ferrari did a good job squeezing five levels into a single load. Nowadays a five-part game would need 2 DVD-ROMs and a 100Mb patch to download :lol:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live