Games Summer Edition (Uneven Bars) (First Remix)

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
spacefractal
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Games Summer Edition (Uneven Bars) (First Remix) = need comm

Post by spacefractal »

Thanks for listing to the new version and for editing your post.

Yes you are correct, the new version is lots better than first version (I have not even changed none of the original uploaded file). It stille have mixer and balance issues, but still it work very well and is listable now.

These "out of sync" notes is presents in the original sid tune too (and is not a error, if you ask me), and I would not change the melodi of it. It not the easist part to get working without sound too "out of sync". V6 does work a lots better than V1 too. But im might looking on that to "hide" these notes a bit more), when I got the returned file from Skitz (Skitz: I have titled that part for "Part 6").
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Hi. I'm not a musician but want to share a thought about what a simple listener (me) thinks about your remix.
I've heard different versions and the last one is improved way beyond what you started with. But this lead piano IMHO doesn't really fit into the tune. It pokes through the other instruments like it simply hits the wrong pitch (too high?). Dunno how to explain this in english but changing the key played in or another instrument instead of the piano would have done the remix a great favour. I think it's a good remix otherwise.
All is lost.
spacefractal
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by spacefractal »

Yep, I actuelly killed the lead piano (not bass piano yet) for that version I sent to Skitz, before your posted your thread, Vosla. I have thinked the same, since it might not been the drums, but rather like the piano sound.

I replaced that classic piano with a elpaino sound (and downscaled a octave), which now sound more "Latin Pop" like genre now. It that version he have to look at mixing. I do wait to release it, until I returned the file from him (Skitz just take your time, no hurry) and I have worked abit on "out of sync" notes.

I think you are right.

[EDIT]
I guess I found a way to get "out of sync" notes to sound better with a few changes in the bass piano and drums (and one lead+bas note change).

I wont release that version, because I would do that work again (does only take few minuttes to do that again, since I just copy & paste them) when I got the "mixed" tune back.... I wont send many emails and confuse with that.

So, Skitz, dont need to touch these out of sync tones, I do it after your mixer edit.
spacefractal
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Games Summer Edition(Uneven Bars)(First Remix)=need comment

Post by spacefractal »

This might been the final version of this song (until I got the updated mixer version from Skitz):
Games Summer Edition (Uneven Bars) v8.mp3

Lead Piano is changed and I have worked on the out of syncs notes (from 1:46 to 2:01), which should sound better now.

I have also added a screenshot from the event as coverart.

Skitz: As I wrote to you by email, only think on the mixing issues, if there are any (the changed lead piano might help a lot). I can easily change these altered notes back again (depite you "only" got version 7, where I changed the lead piano).
spacefractal
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by spacefractal »

I got the returned file.

I guess I got all issues fixed out in this song now (and I will try to release this version to RKO when they enable submit function again):
Games Summer Edition (Uneven Bars) v9

As Skitz wrote in email:
This remix is my own work, not Skitz, but I have to say thanks to all for suggestions and help :D.
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Scyphe »

spacefractal wrote:I got the returned file.

I guess I got all issues fixed out in this song now (and I will try to release this version to RKO when they enable submit function again):
Games Summer Edition (Uneven Bars) v9

As Skitz wrote in email:
This remix is my own work, not Skitz, but I have to say thanks to all for suggestions and help :D.
This is miles better than the first version I listened to. The one single thing I'd like to change is the background piano. It makes the song sound like a general midi-demo song. If you can find a better sound as a replacement you're pretty much ready to submit (when they open for uploads again). Btw, it's just my personal opinion that the piano sound isn't "right". But the mix is now a lot more focused, non-detracting and generally pleasing. :)
"...Yes, I DID make modules and demos on the Amiga, but I was never in one of the big groups..."
spacefractal
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by spacefractal »

Scyphe wrote: This is miles better than the first version I listened to. The one single thing I'd like to change is the background piano. It makes the song sound like a general midi-demo song. If you can find a better sound as a replacement you're pretty much ready to submit (when they open for uploads again). Btw, it's just my personal opinion that the piano sound isn't "right". But the mix is now a lot more focused, non-detracting and generally pleasing. :)
I could not find a good replacement for the background piano, so I dedicated to leave it as piano (which was the first instrument I think, when I heard the original sid in many years ago). But I have tried to change the sound of it a little bit (more treble I guess) and turned the volume of it a bit down to get it more suitable. There was also some errors in bass in out of sycs notes, which I forgot to add back.

Games Summer Edition (Uneven Bars) v10

But thanks for the comment.