Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
trace_c64

Post by trace_c64 »

I want to know what you guys thing of my Wotef tune2 mix:)
It's my first try in symphonic stuff in a track :)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I think it's more synth-phonic than sym-phonic ;)

Lovely tune though! I think it would've worked well on Chris' new age project! It has a very relaxing feeling running through it.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

hehe thanks mac :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

Makke wrote:I think it's more synth-phonic than sym-phonic ;)
That's what i would say also. You use more synths than natural orchestral instruments, aren't you ?
Markus
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Yes, but i had some strings and oboe in it :)
I'm not so familiar with this stuff, but i will try to get better ;) hehe
Soundcloud PowerTrace
bluefugue
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bluefugue »

Nice job, Trace. :D

That was always one of my favorite tunes.

Now how about Tune 1 of Fist 2? Somebody needs to hurry up and remix that before I butcher it. :wink:
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Hehe maybe i will trash up those tunes from Fist2 now, there is only one really really short one left on wotef ;)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
Rob (DoOmAnth)

Way of thee Exploding Fist II: A Doom Metal Odyssey

Post by Rob (DoOmAnth) »

"Now how about Tune 1 of Fist 2? Somebody needs to hurry up and remix that before I butcher it". BlueFugue

Greetings all here at Remix!
THis is my first post and um, all of this new technology (i.e style of group email program) is a little confusing so bare with me!

C64 music has been a passion of mine ever since I was in primary school. I used to do the whole record on to tape just so I could listen to it on the walkman, etc. I had a particular relationship with the more menacing sounds of the C64 which has stayed with me all these years and developed into a love of doomy music in general.
(Does Waz Pilkington read these posts? If so - I love your cover of Black Sabbath Waz!)

This is not to say I only enjoy these aspects - I have bought BIT I&II (others to come!) and love nothing more than washing my soul with lots of their fuzzy nostalgic goodness. But my aspirations as a hack self taught no boundaries musician, have always been towards the darker side of things. I wonder if this notion is easily acceptable in a scene which by and large is dominated by the cheery nostalgia. This is not to say they are are a dichotomy, as I find enjoyment in both emotions (joy and despair) quite easily and perhaps masochistally! :)

But take for instance Last Ninja II level three, the sewers - this piece used mood and ambience in such a dark and novel way, developing it into that gorgeous heavy riff and thumping drum beat which is begging for a revisit in a doomy way, which is precisely the background I come from for remixing.

To BlueFugue:
Which brings me to your quote dear sir! I have been attempting to structure and figure out a way to play a cover of Fist II for years and have only recently discovered the means (Fruity loops, Sound Forge, HSVC, My trusty bass guitar) by which to try this. I've endeavoured to sneak all subtunes into a long 10 minute demo piece which though isn't technically correct musically, attempts to convey moods and feelings found throughout my experiences playing that game as a kid. Did anyone here actually finish FIST II? ....I never did find out what those scrolls were for:)
I am yet to Upload it to RKO for a judgement, but if I can get adequate feedback about my recent rejections....they're may be hope for me yet, I don't know! I'm a natural pessimist, so....who knows what will happen!

Cheers to all throughout christmas - make it a c64 one any way you can!
Regards,
Rob Bailey
bluefugue
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bluefugue »

Hey, glad to hear you're grappling with the Fist II tunes -- I love them. Don't worry too much about being rejected... happened to me too (see my "rejected!" thread in Arrangers/Composers). :)

I never finished Fist II -- it was too bleedin' hard! I loved the idea of it though, expanding the Fist characters and combat into a big action/adventure setting.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

The Tune 2 remix is a pretty good attempt, even if it does sound like a mix of Detert and Jarre (well, to my ears). It'd be cool to hear Trace mixes of the Fist 2 stuff (and final Fist 1 tune) in order to have a 'Fist' 'album' by Trace! :)