Honest Opinion?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
renegade_si
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by renegade_si »

Mark, sorry to hear about that. Martech got me my first job in the industry back in the day, I got Hubbard on board with them (honest). David who ran it then went onto Gremlin when they went tits up. First game I tested for them was Brian Jacks (no Hubbard) then I suggested him. My dad was their bank manager in Pevensey Bay when we lived in Eastbourne.

So zoids, in my twisted mind, had something to do with them.

Bizarrely we got our caravan nicked from Pevensey bay around that time which made us move as a result too, so I can vaguely link with what happened.

Thieving gypsy buggers. And u just down the road in Reading too....Bagshot rules!!!

Si
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Matrix wrote:Hey i wonder if selling the original cartoon prints of Ben and Mark would generate some revenue ? Then again, ive spoken with the artist who basicly does the lineart (i colour them in), and she's all up for the project to cartoon anyone that wants it - just supply a photo - we havent spoken about costs yet - but revenue from that could help !!
I would LOVE one for my website etc.......
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

gazl wrote:
hyperhack wrote:In all the excitement and speculation I forgot to mention how funny and entertaining PPOT were! Mark Knight moving around with his violin and strangling one of the crowd with it was hilarious!

Top drawer stuff!
Hahah that was me :D

Honest opinion? I thought it was awesome. Bit sceptical about the venue to start with but it soon warmed up nicely. Must admit to have completely missed Visa Röster spending too much time yapping in the bar downstairs but all of bands I saw was scuba duper.

And even my nostalgia-sceptic mrs loved it too.

Good stuff. There'll be another, I'm sure of it :D
Where's my Xbox!! heheheheeeeeeehahahaaaaamwahahahahaaa
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Kenz wrote:Another fave memory - giving Hanna Kappelin a kiss to thank her for her singing on o2's + chums' magnificent version of Comic Bakery ... (Er, hope I don't get told off by Natz and Pex for that!) :oops:

:D
or told of by me too :P
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

SIR'86 wrote:I really hope that Stuck in D Eighties do a studio recording, they were totally mindblowing.
We have talked about it with Chris. However, 1) we do feel that we are a totally live band - how else can you be when you never get the chance to reherse with each other..... each time we play something it will be completely different.... and...2) we live all over the place and would be a nightmare trying to get all of us in the same place at the same time... yes there's email and the internet... but a CD needs to be done altogether.. at the same time... me thinks...
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Feekzoid wrote:Can I just point out that Mark "Mad Fiddler" Knight is a fecking genius.

I could never EVER have envisioned C64 lead melodies being played on a violin - but it seems so NATURAL now. It has an amazing sound on its own, but when played with effects, and with Marks stunning ability...

Its just gobsmacking.

Kudos to Benn and his flautism(?) too, tho it perhaps wasnt as audible as it might have been :(
LOVE YOU!!! :) x
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Benn wrote:
Kenz wrote: We'll fix that for the DVD - EVERYTHING will be audible and lovely. :)
Noooo....if I backed away from the mike at times, it was 'cos I didn't know wtf I was doing - unlike Mark, I never learned Monty and was just jamming away as usual :)
winger..... it worked though!!! :) :) :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Heh, u got XBox too huh - WAY COOL - gonna have to drop down here one day or visa vera - have a slam around on HALO or sumthin lol ... Will have a wall projector b4 Xmas too - CANT WAIT !! Yummy :) NEC VT650, its not DLP or anything but its 1500 lumens and throws a decent pic :)

Pic for ya site shouldnt be a problem, would it be a problem to link to mine and the artists sites for credits ? ill be uploading them to her and mine site shortly as it was a joint venture. She did the lineart this time, i colored the buggers in (promise ill fix ya violin color too b4 i send it lol).
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

No not yet... but Gary was talking about Sudeki, which I worked on. I asked him to send me a copy... but of course I don't have an Xbox so can't play it anyway... so of course Gary in his drunking state promised to send me one... haha!!! :)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

...violin has to have 5 strings, and be purple.. unless she wants to do a 6 string fretted purple strap-on... *cough* hehe

of to bed now...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Dont talk to Sandra about strap on's lol, thats would take us to a whole nother level of client. Ill sort ya violin m8 thx 4 the descript.

Btw, i think i read in one of the threads, Kenz is sorting you a poster too.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Cool... that would be great for the music room.... when I have one.... :(
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Heh, the bitch of it is u prolly have more room than me too lol ....

Hey, if u get that copy of Sudeki, i wouldnt mind throwin ya a few quid for it ;) - add it to the madfiddler fan cabinet ;) then when me m8's pop round, i can say "me m8 mark worked on that" lol .... It was bad enough last year when they saw the pic of me stood chattin with martin, rob and ben - Daz almost lost his lunch HAHAHAHAHA !!

Actually, ya know what would REALLY rock, is a photo of u stood next to the poster when its up lol .... cos they BOUND to call me liars, even when i did the bouffy wallpapers... course, kenz was good enough to sort me out that way on with signed prints of em - (top guy) - which are now framed and famed :) hehehe
Last edited by Matrix on 13/09/2004 - 3:37, edited 1 time in total.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

noooo sorry dude.... goes into my "I made this" collection...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

lol, well i certainly cant blame ya on that score ;) hehe - score - gettit ? - nah, too early in the morning lol ...