Show length...

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

So, should Cozy Corner be extended?

Why yes, of course! Make it 3 hours, between 21:00-24:00 CET!
39%
Of course it should be extended, but let it run between 20:00-23:00 CET.
39%
Nah, 2 hours is well enough.
22%
Skip the show completely. The scene needs more UNZ and not smoothness.
No votes

Total votes: 23

Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Show length...

Post by Ziphoid »

Hey y'all!

I've been thinking a bit about my little Cozy Corner show on SLAY Radio and I think I'll extend it to three hours instead of the current two. I've been talking to some people about it and it seems like it's the right way to go. The only downside is the fact that there are only a limited amount of smooth remixes out there, so with this little move I urge all you remixers to help me out and create some smooth stuff for me to play.

Anyhoo, please do respond to this little poll to tell me that I'm making the right decision here. Any kind of comments are appreciated as well. Also, if you have any smooth tracks of your liking, please point me towards them and I'll consider playing them on the show.

I'll leave this thread sticky for a while. :)

/ Ziph
Last edited by Ziphoid on 22/04/2007 - 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Squirrley
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Squirrley »

Making it a 3 hour show is a great decision.Go for it Ziphoid!.Not sure if i'll be able to listen right to the end without dozin' off though :wink:
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Squirrley wrote:Making it a 3 hour show is a great decision.Go for it Ziphoid!.Not sure if i'll be able to listen right to the end without dozin' off though :wink:
Well, that's a bit of the goal with the show... ...to make you relaxed... ;) Although it'd be nice if you kept on listening until the end of the show, of course... ;)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I used to do a radio show a few years ago and it was amazing how short 2 hours seemed. :)

So you go my vote for 3...if you can dedicate that amount of time :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I'm not able to tune in that often, but three hours sounds good to me.

Though personally I'd prefer the 20-23 slot, since I have to be in bed by 11 (mum says so ;) ).
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

3 hours would be nice, the 2 hours flows by too fast when relaxing to the smoothness :D

I will say between 20-23 will be great, allthough 21-24 will be great also cause at 23 one can say goodight and log off irc and then go to bed and fall asleep to a great stil 1 hour show to go :D

Just set the computer to auto shut down after the show is over at 24 :D
(I have no clue if that is doable? ;) )
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
moog
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by moog »

Yes, I second that! The show should be extended to at least 3 hours :). But the time-frame isn't so important for me.
I love standards. There is so many to choose from.
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

I think a 3 hour show is a good idea, as long as u have some *cough* special guests now and again *cough cough*
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Steve Dee wrote:I think a 3 hour show is a good idea, as long as u have some *cough* special guests now and again *cough cough*
Well, the Cozy Corner isn't really a guestable show, imho. ...or do you people want to have more than one cozy dude/dudette on air during these shows?

Tbh, when you're more than one person on air, things tend to be more upbeat and intense than what I think is good for the Cozy Corner. Yes if we're talking about On Air, but not the CC... :)

Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Yes but the guests could be Cozy guests.... ;)
moog
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Show length...

Post by moog »

Ziphoid wrote: The only downside is the fact that there are only a limited amount of smooth remixes out there, so with this little move I urge all you remixers to help me out and create some smooth stuff for me to play.
You can count on me in this matter :) . I'll do my best.
I love standards. There is so many to choose from.
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

Yeah for three hours, and the 20-23 spot has my preference.
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
herbaculum
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by herbaculum »

I also vote for a 3 hour Cozy Corner. :D

But I think this show with its smooth and relaxing tunes should start later than the other regular shows on SLAYRadio. So I vote for 21:00 - 24:00.

/herbaculum
leoni
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by leoni »

ohhh a 3 hour cozy corner sounds lovely. And I go for the 21-24 slot too.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Well, it looks like it's definitely gonna be a 3-hour show after all... ...although, after careful consideration and even though the current vote standings says it differently, it looks from my view as the best time would be from 20-23, since after making a show, it takes about half an hour to an hour to wind down completely for me and get my sorry arse to bed. I'll see what I'll choose when it comes to scheduling the show. At least the new show length is sanctioned by Slaygon, so that won't cause any problem. :)

For those of you that haven't voted, please do and help me make a wise decision. :)