Error uploading remix?

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
archon

Error uploading remix?

Post by archon »

Hi all,

I'm stuck uploading a remix of Spy vs Spy. The site keeps reporting "SID not found in HVSC 76.".
I did a search of the SID on hvsc.c64.org/search, and it comes back with the same result "MUSICIANS/S/Scarim_Nick/Spy_vs_Spy.sid".

I tried different files in case there is something wrong with the mp3 file itself.
The filename is SpyVsSpy.mp3, format 48khz, 320kbs Mp3.
I tried different file formats (44.1khz, 256kbs) and changed name lower case, spaces, no spaces and what have you.

I contacted remix.kwed.org@gmail.com but I don't know if they will see the email with my report so I'm trying my luck here.

Thanks for any help in advance! :)
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Error uploading remix?

Post by C64GLeN »

archon wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">05/01/2022 - 16:09</span> I contacted remix.kwed.org@gmail.com but I don't know if they will see the email with my report so I'm trying my luck here.

Thanks for any help in advance! :)
I'm sure you'll get a response.
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by LaLa »

I'm sure Kwed is looking into it. It's probably related to the recent HVSC #76 update.
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
archon

Post by archon »

Thanks everyone :) Jan kindly replied and solved the issue YAY!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

What archon/stello said: The issue got resolved - and was indeed related to the recent HVSC 76 upgrade, like LaLa speculated.

That said, I'd just like to remind everyone that the contact form or emailing remix.kwed.org@gmail.com is the way to get in touch. While I am subscribed to the RSS feed for this messageboard, it's not something I check on a regular basis. Also, some degree of patience is advisable - after all this isn't a full-time paid gig for me, so if you don't get a reply within a few hours of emailing (or 17 minutes, in this case), you don't need to raise your support issue on a public forum. :D
archon

Post by archon »

Please accept my sincere apologies Jan, for coming across as impatient - I have proof to be patient: I have a beard! lol
It probably took me an hour or so with all testing, file renaming, re-uploading, re-encoding, and I was hoping to get a solution here: "oh, you silly bugger, you forgot to do XYZ!" and boom, it's done and save you time replying to silly user mistakes :D
Now that I know the email works - I will use it next time :duh:
I know this site wouldn't exist without people like you volunteering their time and blood! :cheers:
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

No worries. Apology accepted. :)

(Also, I wish I could grow a beard.)