Can we have access to the submission queue?

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
onlineamiga
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Can we have access to the submission queue?

Post by onlineamiga »

Im watching the submission queue going up, yet no new remixes since end of december. Is it possible to get access to it for sneak previews whilst they're being considered? I understand that some of htem might be crap and not worthy of the main site but still would be good to hear em whilst they're being considered.
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jgb »

As long as the one who submitted the remix thinks it is ok I think this is a excellent suggestion. Both for RKO and amigaremix.

If possible, just add a checkbox when uploading the tune "ok for people to download even if it has not passed the jury"? Or would this be a too heavy load on the available bandwidth?
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I could see a few problems with this, as a jury member of both sites.

I can see a lot of the following:

* People saying: "What?! Why didn't THAT tune make the site?!"
* People saying: "Oh, I know you deleted THAT tune, but could you put it online, only for a short time. Just for me. Won't take long. Honest!"
* People saying: "Why didn't you put THIS song up for me just for a short time so I could grab it, when you put THAT song online for him/her the other week?"
* People saying: "Why can't we vote for songs in the queue?"
* People saying: "Why do you even bother with the quality filter? We're all downloading the queue anyway!"

I think this would increase the amount of work - or at least the amount of more or less annoying e-mails to site admins, i.e. Ziph and Kwed.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I agree with Makke.
It would cause a lot of unwanted bickering.
All is lost.
seVeneleVen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Can we have access to the submission queue?

Post by seVeneleVen »

onlineamiga wrote:Im watching the submission queue going up, yet no new remixes since end of december. Is it possible to get access to it for sneak previews whilst they're being considered? I understand that some of htem might be crap and not worthy of the main site but still would be good to hear em whilst they're being considered.
this is what happens when everyone can see how big the queue is ... totally justified question.
and with an open queue it will happen just like makke said.

in my opinion logged-in remixers should see "your remix is on place xx in a queue of xx" ... or something like that. that would do the job.
Floaf
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Floaf »

seVeneleVen wrote:
onlineamiga wrote:Im watching the submission queue going up, yet no new remixes since end of december. Is it possible to get access to it for sneak previews whilst they're being considered? I understand that some of htem might be crap and not worthy of the main site but still would be good to hear em whilst they're being considered.
this is what happens when everyone can see how big the queue is ... totally justified question.
and with an open queue it will happen just like makke said.

in my opinion logged-in remixers should see "your remix is on place xx in a queue of xx" ... or something like that. that would do the job.
You CAN see where in the queue your remix is :-) On Amigaremix you just have to login to see it. Ziph did a lot of great coding there, definetly worth the wait :-P
http://www.x-formz.com <-- visit or die :-P
seVeneleVen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by seVeneleVen »

Floaf wrote:You CAN see where in the queue your remix is :-) On Amigaremix you just have to login to see it. Ziph did a lot of great coding there, definetly worth the wait :-P
i know ... :)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

I'll repeat what I said when someone asked to have the queue count posted on RKO: "I don't see that happening".

Makke summed up the reasons nicely, too so there's no need to elaborate on why. :D
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Keep the queue closed if you want, but do keep the queue count, Z. It's nice to see how much there is to look forward to, potentially. You may get the occasional poking on your shoulder for progress tho.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Thank you Makke for that excellent summary which is totally spot-on.

The reason why I put the queue count public is that I found it to be a nice feature and also, as exoskeleton said, to give you guys something to look forward to.

The reason why it takes a while for the tracks to be released is due to the fact that all jury members do this for free and for the fun of it and even though we're 10+ persons in both jurys (AR & RKO) we do have interfering IRL-stuff to take care of.

The RKO jury is a bit more used to handle the judging and since some of the jurors in the AR jury is kinda new at this, they're doing their best to keep up.

The process of putting a remix out publically is now ALMOST completely automated (triggered by a mouseclick, of course) and when I solve the last couple of remaining issues (which are issues due to the current configuration of the server, which I really can't do anything about, but just have to code around instead), the process will be even easier. If you guys only knew how it was before my rewrite of the system, you'd be glad that tracks got released at all! Paul V made one heck of a job all by himself earlier on and I'm glad that I've got people helping me with what they can as it is now.

Anyhoo, lots of great tracks are in the queue and you can expect some new and shiny releases hopefully next week.

/ Ziph
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I like the element of surprise on R.K.O. Its a nice treat when I get an e-mail telling me all the new tunes up.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Btw, there'll be a notification-mail-thingy done soonish as well...

...for now you can use http://amigaremix.com/rss to get an RSS-feed of the tracks, though. :)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

One more thing: The "Info"-Button often just opens another AmigaRemix-Homepage. Is this a feature?
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

...and the infotext which appears when moving the mouse over the smiley face reports wrong content.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Dr.Future wrote:One more thing: The "Info"-Button often just opens another AmigaRemix-Homepage. Is this a feature?
Unfortunately, that's not really a feature. It all comes down to the handling of the original tracks, which WILL be rewritten within a quite nearby future. The framework for it has been done and it's a matter of testing and entering data now, which is not a SMALL task.