Nemesis remix is 20 years old in February.. so..

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Nemesis remix is 20 years old in February.. so..

Post by Infamous »

Hello!

It's been a fair while right?
I was doing a bit of admin work and sorting out old files when I realised that my remix of the level 1 tune of nemesis/gradius is 20 next year and it made me feel really old.

I've been around doing remixes and generally mucking about with music since 2002, ive done music for remade games, new games, cancelled games, released stuff for money on the internet and gotten my music released on physical media but I've never really "made it" whatever that means in the 21st century.. but I've always been happy with my work and it still makes me smile to go right back to my early stuff and reminiscing on those strange times.

20 years ago I was a very different person, living at home with my parents in an abusive environment, relying on recreational drugs and alcohol to cope with my situation and more than once pushed it just a bit too much and got myself into a right state .. I can talk about it all now because it's part of my past and I am one of the truly lucky ones to have found support and help before it was too late.

Nearly 10 years sober from the drugs and I rarely drink or smoke these days and I think a lot of the changes in my situation and mind also reflects on the music that I was writing .. anyway why the waffle you ask?

I'm going back .. back in time.

*Stares at nemesis*

That track was special to me . It was the first one I did that got praise from you lovely people (also got it's fair share of criticism too but I appreciate that too) .. I think it's 20yr anniversary is a great time to give her a new coat of paint.

And also to thank anyone reading this that I've met, interacted with, has listened to my music and enjoyed it (or not) I appreciate you .. here's to another 20.

Also does this mean I'm also retro now?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Nemesis remix is 20 years old in February.. so..

Post by LMan »

Thx for sharing your story, Infy! Looking forward to the new version, and yes, we're old AF :D
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

What LMan said.

Also, I recall our first meeting was you walking up to me at the BITLive in Gossips)and saying something like "You don't know me, but you rejected one of my remixes." ... Before I got to apologize, you followed up along the lines "No worries. It wasn't very good anyway." and we had a laugh (and a pint, if memory serves) afterwards.

LIstening to Nemesis as I write this. It's aged really well, but I'm looking well forward to the remake. Still going for that big beat sound, that you (and Hazel) excelled at?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Hey, it's been a while!
Your remixes (and other things like SystemShock stuff) are still on my playlist, man!
Like, the last 20 year went by like nothing.
All is lost.
soren_ladegaard
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by soren_ladegaard »

Thx for sharing!
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Yeah we're old but stil kind of young in mind :)
WOTEF was my remix "baby" and I have thought of and tryed to remix it but never got my thumbs out to make anything out of it :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Ahriakin
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ahriakin »

'Old as Fk' or just living the musical version of the credits from Band of Brothers (said as the guy way, way , WAY in the back :D )