Bananas

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Bananas

Post by Chappers »

Been following a thread that's on the ZZap 64 board at the moment titled 'Are bananas banal?'. It's provided a bit of comment & debate on a much-loved subject in ZZap. :)

I've put together my Xmas tribute to bananas. Hope you like it.

(to the tune of Happy Xmas/War Is Over by John Lennon)

So it’s bananas
They’re quite good for you
Eat some this Christmas
The fun starts in the loo
You go to the toilet
You’re bursting to go
You get this sensation
That you don’t want to know

(Chorus)
Constipation Central!
It’s a pain in the a**
Too many bananas
Means hard stools to pass

And so it’s bananas
The perils are clear
To take in moderation
Throughout the year
There are those that overdo it
They ignore the advice
They have too many
The result isn’t nice

(Chorus)
Constipation Central!
It’s a pain in the a**
Too many bananas

And so it’s bananas
There’s more to come
They’re used in comedy
In sitcoms long gone
The skin of the banana
Without the white bits
Was used frequently
For comedy skits

(Chorus)
Constipation Central!
It’s a pain in the a**
Too many bananas

Pain is over, if you want
Pain is over now

Happy Xmas

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Bananas

Post by Waz »

Paul Chapman wrote:Been following a thread that's on the ZZap 64 board at the moment titled 'Are bananas banal?'.
Nice effort, Paul!

Actually, my memories of bananas are the inflatable kind that Manchester City had in the late 1980s. The attendance actually used to be given out in actual people and bananas! (no kidding). Some fans are slowly bringing them back into the City of Manchester Stadium this season (saw a few against Groclin in the UEFA Cup).

Time to dig out those inflatable fish Grimsby used to have, Paul!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe, Doncaster had inflatable Viking hats at one point =)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Bananas were the subject of many funny letters to the ZZAP! Rrap back in the 1980's, thanks for reviving the idea Paul!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

wazzaw wrote:
Paul Chapman wrote:Been following a thread that's on the ZZap 64 board at the moment titled 'Are bananas banal?'.
Nice effort, Paul!

Actually, my memories of bananas are the inflatable kind that Manchester City had in the late 1980s. The attendance actually used to be given out in actual people and bananas! (no kidding). Some fans are slowly bringing them back into the City of Manchester Stadium this season (saw a few against Groclin in the UEFA Cup).

Time to dig out those inflatable fish Grimsby used to have, Paul!
I wish I had one. Might look on eBay for it or around town. :)

I got hold of a Grimsby Town match programme last week from eBay. It was the 1st match I ever went to - F.A.Cup 4th round v Aston Villa on 29th Jan 1994. Didn't buy a programme on the day so this is a nice memento of a great day (even though we did lose in the end!). Quite a few famous names playing for Villa at the time - Dean Saunders, Dwight Yorke, Ray Houghton to name a few.

I remember that Villa scored first with about 8 minutes gone, we all thought a rout was on for them but Town held on and, miracles upon miracles, Town equalised just before half-time. Normal crowd is about 4-5,000 but we had 16,000 crammed in to Blundell Park so when we scored, the place erupted. Never forget that :) We went on to lose 3-1 but I was still on a high after the match.

Btw Waz, a battling draw for Man City last night. I watched the game on Sky (did you go?). Great goal by Sibierski though Sommeil's error was one of those schoolboy errors you should never do. Should have hoofed it into row Z :)

Paul
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

How is grimsby doing anyway?

Donny sitting at the top of the table (just thought i'd say that ;)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Tas wrote:How is grimsby doing anyway?

Donny sitting at the top of the table (just thought i'd say that ;)
*through gritted teeth*

I'm very happy for you :evil: :wink:

Seriously, I am pleased they are at the top, especially for my Dad who is a lifelong Donny Rovers fan

For Grimsby, like the captain of the Titanic would have said, what could go wrong? :)

Paul
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Just be thankful your local rivals didn't beat you with two goals from two attacks (one of which is a foul), allowing them to go top of Division 1... :?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Paul Chapman wrote: Btw Waz, a battling draw for Man City last night. I watched the game on Sky (did you go?). Great goal by Sibierski though Sommeil's error was one of those schoolboy errors you should never do. Should have hoofed it into row Z :)
Damn right he should, I was cursing at that point!

Unfortunately the only ticket I could have had was right at the very top of the West Stand (now called the Colin Bell Stand) which is basically almost like the North Face of the Eiger up there (anyone who's been to Old Trafford as well will know what I'm talking about) - and be charged just short of £30 for the privelege! Thanks, but no thanks.
merman wrote:Just be thankful your local rivals didn't beat you with two goals from two attacks (one of which is a foul), allowing them to go top of Division 1...
And went top of the table just to add insult to injury. Still, remember there is a huge gap between the Nationwide Division 1 and the Premiership, so even if either of the East Anglians go up it won't be easy staying there.

But there's no gap between the Nationwide Division 3 and the Nationwide Conference as a certain Donny Rovers are proving (aren't they Neil?)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Your very right waz, anyone in the say top 10 in the conference can beat a Div 3 side. Donny have proven that exactly, but we have strengthed alot since the conference. Three new strikers and three new midfielders.

It seems a bit wierd for us donny fans cos we arn't used to success. Five years ago we was relegated to the conference with just four players on the books, no kit, no nets and our chairman in prison for trying to burn down our stadium. How things have changed..... NEW stadium on the way in 2005/06, money to spend, no debt and TOP of Div 3.

All us rovers fans are waiting for the bubble to burst, but it's not bursting and we are getting stronger and stronger. it's still not sinking in.