Amiga remixes - reviews

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.

Amiga remix reviews

Amiga remixes are crap, who cares?
8%
Amiga reviews aren't needed, just the music matters!
No votes
Amiga remixes - erm, which reviews? Where? (?)
23%
I'm lazy, I just want musicians to give me music and shut up.
8%
I can't write, sorry.
23%
I don't have an opinion about Amiga remixes, just give me the bloody music, damn it!
No votes
But I wrote a review! (Only eligible for Tas, Rafael and Infamous)
31%
I voted for "I can't write, sorry" but I can read. That's how I knew what to vote for. I'm clever, yes.
8%

Total votes: 13

LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Infamous wrote: Now, again with alot of work and alot of support even from just one or two people amiga remix's site will gradually get bigger and as time goes on it will likely glean its own forums its own "remix64" site.
I have to strongly disagree on that point. I've worked hard to make the support of Amiga remixes at Remix64 almost equal to c64 remixes (except the top ten at the start page, it is c64 only, for <i>now</i>...). Many remixers/listeners are both into c64 and Amiga music, too.

Paul: To attract more people to AmigaRemix, I'd suggest to try and work out a cooperation between AR and the ExoticA archive: You're already linking to them for the original tunes. Make an agreement with them so they have links to AmigaRemix on the originals' pages. Make the agreement so that no deep-linking is involved but rather a cooperation like AmigaRemix and Remix64 have. You could work out an interface that updates ExoticA's database automatically when a new remix is released.

On a sidenote: I remember that in the early days of RKO, you had about 40-50 downloads of your tune <u>per week</u>. Compare that to today, and you'll see that some things take their time.

Anyhoo, splitting up the Amiga and the c64 community is a very bad idea in my eyes.

- Markus :)
Last edited by LMan on 22/03/2004 - 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
SelectaNovel
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SelectaNovel »

Infamous wrote:playstation music is crap? care to generalise where your aiming that one?
not offended or nowt but im sure not ALL of it is shite lol.
Of course, all playstation music is crap. Pretty much like Germans don't have a sense of humour and blonde girls are dumb. It's that simple! :wink:
Paul Vanukoff

Post by Paul Vanukoff »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Paul: To attract more people to AmigaRemix, I'd suggest to try and work out a cooperation between AR and the ExoticA archive: You're already linking to them for the original tunes. Make an agreement with them so they have links to AmigaRemix on the originals' pages. Make the agreement so that no deep-linking is involved but rather a cooperation like AmigaRemix and Remix64 have. You could work out an interface that updates ExoticA's database automatically when a new remix is released.
Hmm ... That's a good idea. I will look into doing that. There are a few tunes here and there that are not on Exotica though - perhaps I can make agreements with some other archive sites too, however a single central site would be best.

Thanks for the suggestion. :D
Paul Vanukoff
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Tas,

no worries, I know you weren't hitting on me, I was just pointing out that more people should do these things and then we would have exactly the situation we want: More publicity.

:lol:
SelectaNovel
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SelectaNovel »

But...I wrote a review!
Thanks to Markus for fixing the "submit" button :-)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Thanks for contributing :)