11 years! ... 11 god damned years!!!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

11 years! ... 11 god damned years!!!

Post by Razmo »

Hi everyone.

Then it happened... the thing that I've been fearing for the last 2 years; my girlfriend ended our relationship. :cry:

11 years together, and two children... I was finally ready to settle down, tackle my depression and social anxiety, and then this happens. 11 years open hole in the soul that will never really heal. I'm back to where I were 11 years ago... god damned, It's hard to handle right now. :cry:

Well... I keep telling myself, that I cannot let go now that I was so close to success, but I'm still trying to find a reason... I'm trying to find a reason to just want to live...

Well... sorry to bother you guys with this, but It's so lonely sitting here all alone with these thoughts in my one-room apartment. I think I'll go see my mother and sister... can't stand it here anymore...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

Well, no words can HELP and nothing we say or do will change a single thing , but I do feel very sorry for you and i guess the others as well !!

all the best
Thomas
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Det er jeg ked af at høre,

I hårde situationer som din er det altid en god ide at se sin familie for lidt støtte..

Bedste tanker

Holger
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Man i feel for you. Been there myself mate. Two kids and 8 years of partnership/marriage and it collapsed in a drop of the hat. Completely know what you going through mate. You need an ear mate, drop me a line, i dunno if i'll heal any wounds but its not a thing you should go through alone.

Thinking of ya mate.

Neil
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Hi Tas!

Thanks for the offer to talk with you. I'm sorry I've not contacted you until now but, as you surely know, I've had quite a few things on my mind lately. I'm feeling much better today, having thought about my relationship and life, and I've come to the conclusion, that the hardest part is not to get over the girl, it's that god damn life that is hard to get over. When you have had a life for 11 years, and suddenly get ripped out of it without any chance of doing anything about it, it feels like you loose your life... in the beginning I'd had wished it was like "loosing a life" in a C64 game, so that you just take a new one and try again, but FORTUNATELY that is not so. It's for the better of it, and I now know, that it'll be much better to get on with that new life, than hold yourself to the old wrinkled one that just does not work anymore. There is just that sweet thorn in your side that will always be there: Children.

In the meantime I've gotten to know a new girl through dating services, that I'm to meet for the first time this very friday. Got damn'it I'm nervous, but exited! :O) ...

So basically, don't worry for me anymore, I've refound myself, and the lust for making music again. I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel!

And thanks to Tom and Lagerfeldt for the compassion... It's really appreciated! :O)

Thanks anyways Tas! :O)
Nice to know that you've got friends, even though we've never met, but maybe bitlive 2004? ;O)

P.S. Next tune from me will be a remix of R1D1 :O)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hey good to hear from you...

Sounds like your making good progress mate... You seem much stronger than i ever was. Took me a long long time to come to terms with it.

Hope everything goes well with yer date, fingers crossed :)

If you do go to bitlive i'm sure we'll meet, and share a pint or two :)

Neil
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Nothing will stop me now from going to bitlive now! ;O)

Unless i die from electric shock building the MIDIBOX-SID that I'm currently working on to help bein' more authentic in my remixes! :O)

Jess.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

razmo wrote:P.S. Next tune from me will be a remix of R1D1 :O)
Oh-er. Grand SID that one. A personal fave. You better make it good. =)
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I'll try! ... :O)

It has this VERY special mood that if you do NOT get it right, it ALL falls to the ground. I'm having the same feel with another piece I'm doing; Fred's "Mutants". I've tried to capture that initial "wobbly" sound that gives such a strong feeling, but I've not mannaged to get it right yet. I may have to accept, that I'll end up with a sample of that loop :O/
We'll see...

Razmo
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Maybe my new MIDIBox-SID synth will help me reproduce that Mutants feel... I hope :O)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Mutants Riff in GM:

http://c64audio.valuehost.co.uk/mutants_riff.mid

You can point your WAP browser to the same URL if you want to use it as a ringtone. It may work, though I haven't tested it.

This isn't exactly a SID2MIDI port, as the Mutants riff uses the entire pitch range of the SID: this one fits nicely in a two octave pitch bend range.

Chris
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Thanx Chris! :O)

I'll see if it comes in handy for me. The biggest prob. with this sound is that it gives me such a great sensation of mutating cells multiplying (just close your eyes and imagine). I've tried recreating that sound with both a Korg Z1, Korg DW8000, Oberheim Matrix-1000 and a Waldorf Pulse, but NONE seems to be able to do it (or maybe it's me!?)... I've sampled the waveform of the original and analyzed it, but it's tricky. I've even SID2MIDI'fied it to make sure I got the notes right... nothing works until now.

Fortunately, I'm talking closely with the maker of the MIDIBox SID synthesizer, and have helped Thorsten out with some improvements, and when I find the solution to this MUTANT sound, I'll see if I can do it, and if not, I'll code a bit of PIC, and give it to Thorsten to implement. I WANT THAT SOUND! ... The thing I want is to have THAT sound, but with added complexity (more oscillators running etc.).

When I want something, I work hard to get it yes! ;O)

Another thing I've tried to recreate using other synths is the SID trademark that I call "MELODY SYNCRONIZATION". Hubbard used this A LOT in his tunes. I mean, normaly you can synchronize oscillators to eachother on almost any synth, but if you want to control the melody of individual oscillators, I'm lost on conventional synths. If you for example take one melody on one oscillator and then another melody for another and sync one oscillator to the other, you get some rather interresting sounds. Especially if both oscillators are playing at the same time. I know of NO synth that can do this exept for maybe the Nord Modular, I don't know, since I've not tried it before I sold my Micro Modular :O(

Razmo
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'm sure that MIDI file will do the trick: just look at what it does: it plays a high pitched note before the main note, and then fiddles with the frequency of the note on the sustain.

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

To do sync, you have to choose a synth where the detune between oscillators can be altered using midi controller NRPNs. Then for each note you have to work out what the detune offset would be to make the other oscillator play a completely different note.

Let's say you want to play a detuned note where the note on one voice of the SID is C, and the other is E. You need a sound where one oscillator is detuned 4 semitones up from the other. However, as the tune plays, this detune interval isn't constant and keeps changing, and needs to be recalculated. You could also do it by creating a number of SysEx each of which changes the detune interval to something different, and trigger those as needed.

Complicated isn't the word... it's mostly due to the SID's unique ability to use one melodic line as the input to an effect on another voice. Same with Ringmod of course.

Chris
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

Chris Abbott wrote:Mutants Riff in GM:

http://c64audio.valuehost.co.uk/mutants_riff.mid

You can point your WAP browser to the same URL if you want to use it as a ringtone. It may work, though I haven't tested it.

Chris
Mbwahaha... that midifile sounds just absolutely.. err... fucked up in my T610. But, I did choose it anyway (to my workmates disgust).