Romeo Knight's first contribution to Remix64-Scene

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome aboard! I remember being really amazed by your Boesendorfer mod back in the Amiga daze. :)

Have loads of phun! :)

- Markus
Klasse, wie du damals nach dem Glas Wodka ex das Klo vom Thorsten vollgekotzt hast.
Hehe, now the embarrassing bits of your past get dug back out!! ;)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Welcome aboard! I remember being really amazed by your Boesendorfer mod back in the Amiga daze. :)

Have loads of phun! :)
Thanx a lot, Markus :) . As you're an Admin: I still don't know how to upload a song at rko or whatever. Could you give me a hint?

Greets,
Eike
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Romeo Knight wrote:I still don't know how to upload a song at rko or whatever. Could you give me a hint?
Eike: At the moment Kwed has disabled uploads to the remix.kwed.org site while they are working out a few bugs caused by an upgrade to the web server software (Apache / PHP) - I have not heard anything more about this but I am sure that Jan (Kwed) will have it sorted soon.

In the meantime if you want me to host any of your remixes or W.i.P's then it's not a problem. I am sure that LMan can set you up as a Remixer here so it can be linked wherever you put the file.

P.S. While going through your MOD list I came across "Aces-High" and although I cannot remember where it is from this tune sticks in my mind as a classic Amiga MOD - I am kinda remixing as we speak - it's got such a cool "wobbly" bassline.. I LIKE IT!
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:
Klasse, wie du damals nach dem Glas Wodka ex das Klo vom Thorsten vollgekotzt hast.
Hehe, now the embarrassing bits of your past get dug back out!! ;)
yep, i hope he forget the rest.... :wink: it was a meeting in 1989 between
some guys from FCG and RSI... and we all had to much of hard drinks...
and a lot of beer... :wink:
if i remember right eike got drunk by sake or something similar...

cheers ifadeo
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Hom Nom Shivii ... Hom Nom Shivii ...
ImageImage ImageImageImage

Wonder if u ever got a hold of one of my RSI Demo Maker Extras Discs from PD Soft :)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

skitz wrote:
Romeo Knight wrote:I still don't know how to upload a song at rko or whatever. Could you give me a hint?
Eike: At the moment Kwed has disabled uploads to the remix.kwed.org site while they are working out a few bugs caused by an upgrade to the web server software (Apache / PHP) - I have not heard anything more about this but I am sure that Jan (Kwed) will have it sorted soon.
Couldn't have said it better :)
skitz wrote: In the meantime if you want me to host any of your remixes or W.i.P's then it's not a problem. I am sure that LMan can set you up as a Remixer here so it can be linked wherever you put the file.
Unfortunately, this would only work if the tune was in the upload queue already. The obvious alternative would be to post the link to the tune here at the messageboard for the time being. :)

- Markus
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:[...] The obvious alternative would be to post the link to the tune here at the messageboard for the time being. :)

- Markus
That -BTW- seems to work fine for some remixers and i believe it gives you more feedback at the same time. =)
All is lost.
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Eike,

I always like to do a one-2-one translation of a MOD before I remix it into something different just so I have a reference of all the material. Anyway, just thought you might like to listen to the version I tranlsated into FLStudio - I'll get around to remixing it soon (I'm think a Kraftwerk sound would work quite well for this).

http://www.hadrill.co.uk/RK-AcesHigh.mp3
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

While I'm here ...

<fan mode>
Just how damn GOOD is RK's "Cream of the Earth" mod?! It's a true classic!! :D
</fan mode>
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Woo! Another Hero!!!! :D
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by arvirus »

welcome, romeo! you are one of my alltime favourite amiga-composers! i still love to listen to your mods! i remember that i played your "boesendorfer p.s.s."-mod in the music-lesson and the teacher didn't believe me that this was a homecomputer-tune! :o

/arvid
[ http://www.arvirus.de - more than meets the eye]
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Matrix wrote:Wonder if u ever got a hold of one of my RSI Demo Maker Extras Discs from PD Soft
No, I didn't. What's it about?
LMan wrote:Unfortunately, this would only work if the tune was in the upload queue already. The obvious alternative would be to post the link to the tune here at the messageboard for the time being.
No problem, I could host it at my own webspace. But I'd like to get it into your Remix64-Charts to put in a little information about it and to know how it competes! :wink:
Is this possible?
skitz wrote:I always like to do a one-2-one translation of a MOD before I remix it into something different just so I have a reference of all the material. Anyway, just thought you might like to listen to the version I tranlsated into FLStudio - I'll get around to remixing it soon (I'm think a Kraftwerk sound would work quite well for this).
Listened to it last night -sounds already really nice I think. It's indeed a 1 to 1-conversion with very good replaced instruments.
I made this mod for an intro for Aces High, I don't know if it ever was released. By the way, the bassline was stolen by an 80s rap band called "Boogie Boys" who released an LP called "Romeo Knight" - that's where I took my pseudonym from. :roll:
arvirus wrote:welcome, romeo! you are one of my alltime favourite amiga-composers! i still love to listen to your mods! i remember that i played your "boesendorfer p.s.s."-mod in the music-lesson and the teacher didn't believe me that this was a homecomputer-tune!
Nice story! :D Did you know that "Boesendorfer P.S.S." stands for "Boesendorfer plays some shit"?

Well, to the topic again: Finished the work, song is more than 5 minutes long and I have a premix that already works well.
You'll hear from me soon....:twisted: