AvP VCD

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

AvP VCD

Post by C64GLeN »

Interesting Fact, I hear the VCD Telesync of "Alien Vs. Predator" by Maven has an Old style Cracker intro feature Johannes Bjerregaard's Shape (taken from his Nexus 6581 album I guess)

I'm Not wanting to comment about the legal/copyright issue, rather the fact that after all these years "Crackers" are still using C64 music.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, it's a kind of compliment, I guess.

What's a telesync?

Chris
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I'm not sure to be honest, I think it's when they take a camera into the Cinema and record the above, but I could be mistaken.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

And what about the movie?
Is it great?
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Chris Abbott wrote:Well, it's a kind of compliment, I guess.

What's a telesync?

Chris
A Telesync is where they take a camcorder image and sync it up with a seperate audio stream - typically the audio is taken from the cinema seat for the hard of hearing where headphones are available or they know the projectionist and record it directly from the projector..... not that I would know this of course :)
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
GeckoYamori
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by GeckoYamori »

Romeo Knight wrote:And what about the movie?
Is it great?
It's probably what you'll expect it to be, just a little treat for the fans.
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

skitz wrote:A Telesync is where they take a camcorder image and sync it up with a seperate audio stream...
Ah! Telesync = Milli Vanilli :wink: Sorry, I couldn't resist...

And for those of you that aren't old enough to know what Milli Vanilli did, they were the first pioneers to do what 90% of all artists do nowadays. They didn't sing on their own records... :( It's sad, really sad...
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Romeo Knight wrote:And what about the movie?
Is it great?
No, the word used wan't great it was shit
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

What did you expect... without somebody like Arnie & Sigourney? Posing freaks with Rasta looks and mass-toasted nasty aliens... Didn't quite worked as a Computergame, was a pain in the ass as a comic crossover.

Really sad, because as I heard the first time of the crossover (8 years ago?)I thought "Predators & Aliens...two badasses in one story... equals : nice idea!" but I was dissapointed with every attempt. :(

(And I as an DM kill every RPG gamer who wants to play "a cool Predator" or "a kickass Alien" in my sessions the most hideous way I am able to come up with... :twisted: )
All is lost.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I think it was pretty good. I would certainly not call seing it "wasting time". If you have huge expectations, "of course" you'll be disappointed. I thought the locations were quite cool and there are some good fights in the movie.

I'm ooking forward to Alien 5 though, perhaps Ridley Scott will be the instructor; full circle!

(Vosla: I'm just going to assume you're joking here.)
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

I *loved* the original AvP graphic novel and the actual novelisation based on it (Machiko Noguchi = babe!) - I thought this would make a FANTASTIC movie.

Shame the actual movie wasn't based on it.

:(
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Its another "Final (IT BEARS NO RELATION TO THE GAMES AT ALL) Fantasy"
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

And Wing Commander springs to mind - the cutscenes in the game looked like a movie and there were some memorable characters (Biff from Back to the Future and Mr Luke Skywalker of course) - plus the Kilrathi looked neat in the game ... Good lines too - "You pathetic descendants of monkies!" :D

Nice of them to drop all that from the movie then. :roll:

(Only redeeming feature - Martin Galway's name in the credits!)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Yeah damn shame Mr Hamill didnt get the role - when i first heard about the film i was dead excited - a shame only McDowell made it from the original cast.... and with hackers still on everyones mind, i wasnt convinced with Biff's replacement.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson wrote:
skitz wrote:A Telesync is where they take a camcorder image and sync it up with a seperate audio stream...
Ah! Telesync = Milli Vanilli :wink: Sorry, I couldn't resist...

And for those of you that aren't old enough to know what Milli Vanilli did, they were the first pioneers to do what 90% of all artists do nowadays. They didn't sing on their own records... :( It's sad, really sad...
Just a brief digression with regards to one of my favourite stories about Milli Vanilli.

I remember reading an interview with them in Smash Hits! (UK teen pop mag) when they were riding high in the UK charts (1990 probably). It was a very funny interview for all the wrong reasons because they didn't understand most of the questions asked to them. It rapidly became obvious that they knew very little English, giving bizarre answers to simple questions and replied to most of their questions in French anyway. :lol:

Thankfully, the interview exposed the lip-synching sham for what it was and they quickly sunk without trace. The whole story still makes me laugh even now because of the naivety of the pair of them. :)

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'