Whats the latest for BIT LIVE 2006?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

Where would you like to see BITLIVE2005/2006 Held?

Brighton (revisited)
18%
Gossips (some of us have not been there!)
3%
Coppenhagen
55%
Anywhere cheap!
12%
Don't give a toss really!
9%
Somerset!
3%

Total votes: 33

hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Whats the latest for BIT LIVE 2006?

Post by hyperhack »

Things have become a bit quiet lately regarding info and updates on whats going on with the next event?

Anyone sorted anything definite out yet or is it still too early to tell?

Just curious!! :D

Also in view of the venue, I thought it might be interesting to run a poll on the subject!
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, as I said, it's up to the scene to make this happen. And that means finding a plausible venue... now's the time to start finding these things, pulling in favours, etc. Is anyone currently working on items from that list I posted? If not, then 2006 isn't going to happen, since the further away from the event we get, the colder the enthusiasm gets.

I like polls generally, but I don't think it will change anything. Brighton was way too expensive for the venue, since it was just a bare room. And PPOT didn't like the acoustics :)

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe, the poll is a bit pointless really since it's either the south of england or copenhagan! ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Wonderful, wonderful, Copenhagen...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Just a quick note: PPOT is currently investigating CPH venues and stuff. We will be back with info when we know more. So don't worry too much and stay tuned :-)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Cool. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this:

"Press Play on Tape presents...

Back in Time Live 2006 - Wonderful Wonderful Copenhagen"

:)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Would be great if it could be Copenhagen! Would give the Brits a reason to get off their arses and go out and see some more of Europe. ;) And Copenhagen is a nice city!

Besides, it's only a 3 hour trainride from where I live.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

That, and there's a heck of a lot of SID fans in mainland Europe who haven't been to a BIT Live yet who might go.... Volker gave Germany one, luckily :)

Chris
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Makke wrote:Would be great if it could be Copenhagen! Would give the Brits a reason to get off their arses and go out and see some more of Europe. ;) And Copenhagen is a nice city!
Damn right it is, from what I saw with Kwed while I was over there - very nice, very friendly and a doddle to get around - there's trains straight from the airport to the centre. The city centre needs more cycles to hire for people though - really wished I could have done that ;)

And for those in the UK, BA, SAS and (soon) Maersk Air fly there from Manchester, so you don't even have to fly from London. BA, believe it or not, was cheapest last time around - and you get posh seats thrown in :) - flight'd be around £100 or so, but it's worth it.

Just to give people an incentive.

Advanced warning: please don't schedule this event to clash with the 2006 World Cup, if at all possible. Particularly if Denmark or England qualify. BITLive 2002 was a nightmare for the likes of Neil and me who got up at 7-30am to watch England-Brazil and had to keep going till 4am in the next morning....
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Makke wrote :
Would be great if it could be Copenhagen! Would give the Brits a reason to get off their arses and go out and see some more of Europe. ;) And Copenhagen is a nice city!
Makke - I'd love to see Copenhagen, but it's probably no difference in travel time than last BIT Live. It sure wouldn't effect me to know I'd have to make a bit of effort to get to such a great event - and the fact that some of you guys are always travelling does make me feel guilty when an event is held in UK.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed (cos there ain't a great deal else I can do to help) that this event can get off the ground. Hope to see ya there Makke
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Copenhagen would be cool for me too.

Yeah i'm with Waz, best to make a date where nothing important is happening, and also avoid the sept 11th. I wouldn't like to fly on that day!
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

tomsk wrote:Hope to see ya there Makke
Oh, I will be there (unless higher forces prevent me)! As I'm on my last year in gettin my masters degree, in a city which I don't intend to stay in after I'm finished, I have no clue what I'll be up to (or even where I'll live) in 2006.

But I'm sure whatever I'm doing I can get the money and time to take a couple of days off in Copenhagen.
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

I agree that the venue poll was probably not a great thing to get opinion on but it should succeed in keeping the enthusiasm going as the other topics seemed to move away from the subject and seemed to go a bit quiet :)
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Id love to see Copen'
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

I voted Brighton but that's just so I can visit my mum!!! - but realistically that's not gonna happen again. We looked at various venues last time, and sadly Brighton was really uninterested in what we were going to put on, hence the Brighton Centre. Copenhagen will be a blast. The last time I went there was for a Melon Party, and loved every minute of it apart from the time we ate at a resurant and the guys ran out without paying the bill. It's easy enough to get to from the UK.

This is a fan thing, NOT a "lets meet the composers" thing... so if you like what BIT is about, cast your vote here... There are over 400 people registered here... 10% are prolly active... so more than 40 votes for one place would be a good thing...

SID80s will be there... I'm already working on a mega set for that even now...