is the c64 remix scene DEAD?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I think you guys should get married, like me and Kwed lol...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Matrix wrote:I think you guys should get married, like me and Kwed lol...
No can do, that man. I'm already spoken for. :D
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Bummer, there goes the cool holiday then :(
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Wow matrix... 909 posts :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

DHS wrote:
Lagerfeldt wrote:Even though the total amount of remixes added to RKO may be down, the quality is up. And that can't be a bad thing :P
Yep, i must agree.
I was thinking lately that the 64rmx community must the be the highest-quality one when we talk about the music produced.

I saw a tremendous quality-rising in the last 1.5 year.
Yup.

Nice work with the Vanguard stuff btw
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Lagerfeldt wrote: Nice work with the Vanguard stuff btw
Thx.

Let's see what happens with the next big one :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: is the c64 remix scene DEAD?

Post by Makke »

arvirus wrote:makke, you really have to calm down! yes, i wrote that there is less activity here. and yes, you disagreed. most guys disagreed. but most of them wrote that in a friendly way, you didn't! and that's what destroys everything. claiming that i "don't know what i'm talking about" is really stupid and ignorant.
Look. I don't feel I've been unpolite or aggressive towards you until you told me that I have a problem, and started looking for things to support your views where there clearly was none to be found.

I tried to explain what I reacted to, why I thought you were wrong, and that wasn't good enough for you. All you did was focus on the wrong bits, missed the big picture of everything I wrote, and commented on little petty things that had very little to do with anything. You started telling me that I was taking it all too personally when all I did was trying to explain my point of view. If anyone needs to calm down, take a step back and review the situation it's you.

I feel I've only explained my position and my behavior. You are the one who seem to be jumping to conclusions. Quite frankly I've spent too much time and energy on this already and I'm getting pissed off that you just won't drop it. No matter what words I use to explain my position, you take them appart to pieces and read whatever the hell you want out of them.

I feel all I can do is repeat myself, but chances are my message will miss its target and this debate never end.
AnimaL
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

OMG

Post by AnimaL »

@ Makke: I completely agree with you!

at first i thought this could be an interesting discussion. but i guess someone´s seeking trouble or has too much sparetime. LOL

@ arvirus: if u take half the energy u invested into this "discussion" and use it to inform u MORE about this scene nowadays, then this thread may have never been started.

oh man excuse my horrible english ;) i hope u´ll understand what i´m trying to say ;)

Animal/Defect

and don´t feel attacked. we are all nice and handsome guys, who express one of their hobbies in here. ;)
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: is the c64 remix scene DEAD?

Post by arvirus »

@makke: i thought you ended this discussion already ;-)
I feel all I can do is repeat myself, but chances are my message will miss its target and this debate never end
that's exactly what i wanted to say! and that's why this discussion (at least for me) is over. sorry for disturbing the peace.
[ http://www.arvirus.de - more than meets the eye]
AnimaL
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by AnimaL »

@ arvirus

well, u started it...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Just in case people have forgotten (or never knew in the first place), Arvid designed the magnificent booklet for BIT 3, did the Outrun video that surfaced a while back, and was also on the organising team for BIT Live 1. He's not out to cause trouble: I suspect this argument is just two passionate people talking at cross-purposes. There are no bad guys here :)

Chris
Don Peppino
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Don Peppino »

Chris Abbott wrote:There are no bad guys here :)
Chris
Then, who am I ? :twisted:
Don Peppino
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

DHS wrote:Wow matrix... 909 posts :)
hehehe thats nothing....
http://www.dmf.kicks-ass.net/cgi-bin/ya ... name=admin
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

It's a pitty...

Really!

I can't believe that people feel offended by some statements with questionmarks. Why is it? If one person shows what he thinks about the scene, why do you have to answer what you think about the person?

I'm pretty sure that arvirus did it to lead the community in some direction, but at least he will not do that again...all I can tell you is that arvirus is one of the nicest guys around and has been a backbone for the scene for a long time (without any demands btw)...just my 2 cents!

hmmm...
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!