Orchestral / Medievel style musician needed for fan project

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
hispeed

Orchestral / Medievel style musician needed for fan project

Post by hispeed »

Hi,

just to shoot this right at the start:
I'm no affiliate of the MMTribute project ;)

Somewhen in 2003 some guys started a project they called MMTribute (Might and Magic Tribute).
It's a fan project based on the plot and world of the original Might and Magic RPG series
that tries to bring the game experience to a new level (visually, plot-wise and, yeah, audially).

_And_ I know there are quite a few really good composers out there, here in the great thing I call the C64 remixing scene.

The project itself is still in its pre-alpha stage, doing the main game engine's framework, modelling, texturing, levelling, etc..
Not to forget about creating sub-plots for the in-game quests and general things that make a game atmospheric.

But one thing I can see is that it's a really promising project, especially for the fact that it's purely fan-based and absolutely non profit.
(IOW: I'd love to become it something really great, and yeah with great audio, too.. We all know audio makes up a big part of the atmosphere of a game).

*phew*
This said:

Is there anyone who would be happy join this great project as Audial Artist so they have a good headstart in the audial department, too ?

Right now, there's only one (maybe two) people working on audio (where only one does the compositions).

If you're interested, here's the website to it:
http://www.mmt.34sp.com/

Check out the recent screenshots and background info on the game.. There's lots more going on, but as always, in the dev zone of the forum ;-).

Screenshots of the new gfx engine can be found here:
http://www.mmt.34sp.com/cgi/NewsPub/New ... 81512.html

And finally, the forum thread I created for this can be found here:
http://www.mmt.34sp.com/mmtforums/index ... topic=1950

It would be great to see a good project prosper even more :)

Regards,
hispeed
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Great. I love those games. Especially Might and Magic - The Mandate of Heaven. It has a couple of great tracks with accoustic guitar as well. A shame 3DO is out of bussiness. The last Might and Magic game was a bit of a disappointment though.

Those engine screenshots are looking good. I really like these ones

http://www.mmt.34sp.com/cgi/NewsPub/New ... 71312.html
hispeed

Post by hispeed »

Well the last Might and Magic (9 IIRC) was badly restricted by the management..
Heck the whole plot was written by 3do's CEO !

Now put in a lot of financial problems and the pressure to just get it out (didn't help 3do in the end though) and the knowledge that most of the guys working at the MM9 project said "It was released in alpha state.. if at all!" and you know what went wrong ;-)

About MMTribute:
If you like you could head over to the thread on their forum and write some words to the guys (and gals) :)
Adding some links to your previous works would be a good idea I think :)

The thread can be found here:
http://www.mmt.34sp.com/mmtforums/index ... topic=1950
hispeed

Post by hispeed »

*sigh*

Ah well seeing the meager replies here this may not have been the correct place to ask for help..
Thanks though for giving me the possibility, tas :)

Bye,
hispeed

P.S: In any case anybody interesting in joining up should still message me here or over at the MMTribute forum :)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

mmm, well i suppose you could try "VGmusic"? do they have a forum???

Must say i expected some replies here. Shame!
hispeed

Post by hispeed »

I'll message the url to this post during the upcoming live show..
Should be the best way to get people to read this (well except for kicking Boz in the nuts until he gives in to broadcasting this during the live show :-)).
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I am not sure I can find the time but, if time permits, I would like to give this a go... I'll write something in the thread you created at the site...
<--- I went that way --->
hispeed

Post by hispeed »

Good idea :)
Now let's wait for the guys to actually wake up from their waking dream.
Ah BTW: I know you did quite a bunch of great tunes.. But they don't..

And in case you are interested: I'm having an asorted collection of original MM tunes up on my little webby.
Msg me on IRC if you are interested in the style of the original soundscore that is :)

HiSPeed