Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Sometimes a movie trailer is the worst spoiler. Remember a Star Trek - Generations trailer that showed the Enterprise-D crashing into the planet. Well thanks for spoiling the greatest surprise of the whole movie. Glad that I had watched the movie before the trailer :D

And I never read the blurb on the back of books before reading the book - they often contain terrible spoilers too. Example: Alfred Bester's "The Demolished Man". The blurb contained the info about what the "demolition" actually is. The book only tells this on the very last pages.

That's why I try to avoid watching trailers and everything else related to Star Wars Ep3. ;)
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Trailers can be terrible spoilers but you can always go on a bender afterwards; avoid the Bender way though. ;)
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

REAL MOVIE SPOILER (HIGHLIGHT TO READ)

Part I of II

Obi-Wan dives into a forward roll that ends up with him on the rim of a low cliff, just above the soft black sand of a lava riverbank.

Anakin snarls at Obi-Wan, realising he has been tricked. He leaps off his droid at Obi-Wan's back but is half a second too slow.

Obi-Wan whirls to parry Anakin, but his saber doesn't meet Anakin's blade. Instead, he slices off Anakin's leg at the knee. Then he slices of the other leg at the knee. And while Anakin is still in the air, Obi-Wan uses his blade to slice off Anakin's left arm above the elbow. He steps back as Anakin falls.

Anakin drops his lightsaber, clawing at the edge of the cliff with his mechanical hand, but his grip becomes too powerful for the lava bank and the edge crumbles, and he slides down onto the black sand.

His severed legs and his severed arm rolls into the lava below him and immediately burns.

Anakin claws at the soft black sand, but his struggling only makes him slip farther. The sand itself is hot; digging his mechanical arm into it burns off his glove, and his robes begin to smolder.

Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber. He lifts his own as well and weighs them in his hands. Anakin had based his design upon Obi-Wan's and thus they appear very similar.

EPISODE III TERNIAN REPORT: The Duel :: Part II

March 12 2005

Part II of II

"Obi-Wan..." pleads Vader from the riverbank. Kenobi looks down. Vader's jedi robes burn while his hair is blackened.

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy The Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness. You were my brother, Anakin," says Obi-Wan. "I loved you, but I could not save you."

Above in the sky, Obi-Wan sees a Theta-Class shuttle entering the atmosphere.

Suddenly, Darth Vader bursts into flame.

"I hate you" screams Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi turns, not wanting to go against the Jedi Code and murder, walks away.
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

ANOTHER SPOILER!!!

The end of nute gunray and friends:
SAN HILL
Welcome, Lord Vader! On behalf of the leadership of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, let me be the first to...

VADER
Very well. You will be the first.

VADER removes his hood and ignites his saber.

SAN HILL
You're Anakin Skywalker!

VADER digs his saber into the chest of SAN HILL.

VADER
The resemblance is deceptive.

SHU MAI
We were promised a reward...a handsome reward!

VADER
I am your reward. You don't find me handsome?

RUNE HAAKO
Stop! Enough! We surrender, do you understand? You can't just kill us!

VADER
Can't I?

RUNE HAAKO
We're unarmed! We surrender! Please, please, you're a Jedi!

VADER
You fought a war to destroy the Jedi.

VADER slashes RUNE HAAKO.

VADER (cont.)
Congratulations on your success.

WAT TAMBOR
Please, I'll give you anything. Anything you want!

VADER slashes off the arms of WAT TAMBOR, followed by his head.

VADER
Thank you.

NUTE GUNRAY:
The war... The war is over... Lord Sidious promised... he promised we would be left in peace...

VADER lifts his blade.

VADER:
He promised you would be left in pieces.

Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

HNNNNNNG!!!

*poot*

That's this thread spoiled.

Hur hur hur.

*waft*
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

And I never read the blurb on the back of books before reading
the book -

Oddly, one Star Trek book I read had misleading blurb which hinted at a storyline which never happened: there was one character who throughout the book was a good guy, and the blurb said something implying he had a nasty secret allegiance. So the entire book I was waiting for the guy to turn bad, and he never did! Obviously a plot point they'd toyed with but then discarded or never had time to write...

Chris
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

Bog:
You did a baaaad thing !

:D
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Supreme Chanselor Palpetine wrote:All of your Jedi are belong to us!
<--- I went that way --->
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

May the farce be with you!
All is lost.