I've lost faith in humanity

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
n3mo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by n3mo »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:I've heard there are even some crazy people who listen to "music" produced by old computer's soundchips, *all day*.
Sick bastards!!! Oh wait... I'm one of them.. :P
"Without Music Life would be a Mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Makke wrote:I'd rather listen to Schnappi all day than five seconds to that f'ing frog!
Don't be too sure about this! Actually I have to listen to Schnappi all day long (4 year old daughter...) :hang:
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Romeo Knight wrote:Don't be too sure about this! Actually I have to listen to Schnappi all day long (4 year old daughter...)
Ouch... My condolences, dude... but I sort of know how you feel, my next door neighbour plays it at least twice per day on a ridiculous volume. The sadest thing is that he's not 4, he's more like 24. :shock:
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Worst of all... there are tons of clones of this Schnappi song.
Schri...Schra...Schrödi! * Schrödi! Schrödi! Schrödi!
Gaaah!!!
All is lost.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Personally, I find "Sweety the chick" far more annoying than the Crazy Frog. Didn't the animator of the Frog originally adequately call it "The annoying thing"? :D I think it was posted here at the Funny Video Corner when it was still unknown.
yeap tas did that the barsteward!... see what you done!
you bring the plague down upon the world and then! THEN! you leave the sodding country!.... ya swine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: I've lost faith in humanity

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

We are talking about that rrrrrrrrrrrrrring-ding-ding + Axel F tune, right?

I just read an article about it on a Danish music papers webpage, saying:
"What's special about "Axel F" is that it's a ringtone (based on the theme from the movie "Beverly Hills Cop", originally a 1984 hit by Harold Faltermeyer) that has now been released as a single."
What pisses me off is not that the single is outselling everything else, but that the journalist is trying to rewrite music history by saying Axel F is a ringtone that just happened to be a chart-topper 21 years ago (ber-loody hell, has it been that long already?) rather than going for the "vintage hit gets renewed interrest thanks to ringtone remix" angle.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Personally, I find "Sweety the chick" far more annoying than the Crazy Frog. Didn't the animator of the Frog originally adequately call it "The annoying thing"? :D I think it was posted here at the Funny Video Corner when it was still unknown.
It's weird but I like Sweety the Chick whereas the Crazy Frog stuff really annoys me. I think the reason it is annoying me a lot is that the Crazy Frog Axel F advert is being shown so much on TV. Why bother buying the record when it's played 24/7 on your TV? :)

It really feels like it's Crazy Frog - Half-time break in programme - Crazy Frog - Programme. I'm getting to the stage of cringing when the adverts are about to come on...
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by 1337 »

I think that may be an urban legend: the guy who did the original animation has a website claiming copyright, in which he tells people to stop writing to him because Jamster did ask permission and he signed a contract with them.

I like your version better though... it has style and a strange kind of natural justice.

Chris
Well, admittedly I've only heard it by word of mouth, but I was inclined to believe it at the time (and no I wasn't sober). If your version is the true one then it makes the history of Crazy Frog a lot more boring :(

Oh well, in such a diverse world as this, some colors of the rainbow must be dull also.

The Great Gianna Sisters ROX!!!!!!!!!!
Thunderer
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Thunderer »

I hate the frog. I hate the frog. I hate the frog.

I am still a badger, badger fan. Bring back the badgers.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

ImageImageImage
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:We are talking about that rrrrrrrrrrrrrring-ding-ding + Axel F tune, right?
Unfortunately, yes. I can't begin to tell you how much I hate that frog and how much I really hate what someone has decided to do with such a classic tune that Axel F is.

I just read an article about it on a Danish music papers webpage, saying:
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: What pisses me off is that the journalist is trying to rewrite music history rather than going for the "vintage hit gets renewed interrest thanks to ringtone remix" angle.
Yeah. And what's worse than that is that the kids of today just see the advert on the telly (like Paul said, not very hard not to really) and then go round humming that version of the tune rather than seek out the proper (and cool) original.

Every bloody commerical break the ad is on, and the mobile phone company Jamster are making shedloads of money, mainly from teenagers. Not least when you have to subscribe to their ringtone club thing for a minimum of £3 a week and it's virtually impossible to unsubscribe. In fact they were in trouble with BBC Watchdog over it not so long ago because they were selling them to under 16s as well, ironically their target market for that frog.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

We can only hope...
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
n3mo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by n3mo »

Hear Hear for Chappers!!
"Without Music Life would be a Mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

wazzaw wrote:Every bloody commerical break the ad is on, and the mobile phone company Jamster are making shedloads of money, mainly from teenagers.
Hopefully it'll work to Jamster's disadvantage in the longrun...though I doubt it.

It's times like these I'm glad I barely ever watch TV, and usually only the SVT (public service) channels which have no commercials.