Er?

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Er?

Post by tas »

Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Yeah, well... I would imagine that to be a good idea to follow those instructions considering the guy who -did- run got shot.
Five times.
In the head.

Just to be sure...

Fear creates scary people.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Ok, so now my question is should I refrain from running in London the next time I'm there since I truly am a bit foreign?
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Call me sceptical but that pic doesn't look quite right (a tad doctored maybe). Probably preaching to the converted here with this 'revelation'... :)

If it is genuine, it's some thoughtless service info from London Underground. It's like that bit in Blackadder where he has to find the German spy and George says "look in the register and see if there's anyone has the name Von, that's bound to be your man".

Would have been far simpler to have a brief message telling everyone not to run on the platforms and concourses and leave it at that for everyone to work out why (shouldn't be too difficult).
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

To me it looks like a cynical critizism towards the shooting, not a real warning message.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Makke wrote:Ok, so now my question is should I refrain from running in London the next time I'm there since I truly am a bit foreign?
Well, do you look foreign?
Do you?
Huh, punk?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Things are very jittery over in the UK at the moment due to recent events, just yesterday the police closed down Doncaster Town centre after a suitcase was found abandoned in the bus station...

The bomb unit was called out and opperated a controlled explosion. The Town Centre was closed for about 5 hours causing traffic chaos.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Perhaps they felt it was the time to close Doncaster down? ;)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

I visited London in summer 1998 for a weekend, also to visit the "Segaworld Building" and I was really shocked when I read the news and saw the pictures ot TV where I stand on King's Cross. Although I think that no one is really safe wherever you are it's making myself very fearfully as I'm also living in a big town with 300.000 inahbitans.

God bless us...wher ever we are.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Controlled explosions now in Bradford and somewhere else i forget the town now.
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by 1337 »

For a moment there, I thought it said, refrain from running especially if you're carrying a f**ksack...

In all seriousness though, extreme measures have to be taken in extreme times, especially when there are suicide bombers on the loose. I watched the news last night and Bin-Laden's second in command of the Al-Quaida has issued a warning that there will be more terrorist attacks in London. He also says we should blame Tony Blair for it. Sure, we've stayed in Iraq a long time, but have they ever thought that it is because we had to get Saddam OUT OF POWER? We do them a favor and they bite the hand that feeds them. I for one think Blair and Bush have made the correct decision to stay in there until they get their act together and have a functioning government. It is always the case that in war time, innocent people will die, but if they want to attack us, why attack civilians and NOT the military? Their terrorist acts are WAY below the belt. These people cannot fight a war fairly, and so they commit mass murder. These bastards will probably be happy when they've caused world war 3.

You know what this is all about, right? RELIGION, or at least their extremist version of it. They will go on murdering until everyone is under the rule of something akin to the Taliban... but the west will NEVER go down without a fight. They may kill us, but they cannot kill the ideology of freedom, that will always exist, maybe even amongst the less extreme of their own race. I feel sorry for the whole world facing this mess. I hope Blair and Bush can find a way to stop it, before it is too late.

Three Nukes can wipe Great Britain off the map. What if there WAS weapons of mass destruction, now hidden somewhere in another middle-eastern country. Saddam was not stupid, and the country that is NOW in possession of these weapons, can decide to use them. I really hope for everyones sake that these weapons didn't really exist. If they did, we're all in grave danger, so I hope beyond hope that Blair and Bush made an error in judgement.

The Great Gianna Sisters ROX!!!!!!!!!!