Commercial Amiga Remix!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

... just a bit off-topic, but really nice to have you here, Chris !

Liebe Grüsse
Markus
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Chris Huelsbeck wrote:Now wait until they burn all their money for fun... ;)
There's not much else left, is there? I mean, they've aped the car, the logo, the track titles, and the latest album cover is clearly a "White Room" ripoff. And then there's the business of the intense sample lifting.

Methinks it's a sad display of lack of originality. Why don't they just come clean and change their name to "Scooter: The KLF ripoff band" ?
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

haha ill comment on scooter.........
been about a bit....had his 1st uk no1 not that long ago.....but i remember him from waaaaaaaaay back when i was a kid and moby was still doing rave stuff and not this whispy guitar stuff he does now (not enough meat in my opinion)....

scooter reminds me of all the other dj/producer ppl that was about then......dj bobo ...erm la bouche....cappella....blah blah...
that commercial dance faze the entire world goes in and out of.....
but clearly he was MUCH more sensible than they were cos well....hes still about AND copying <legal representative behind me> lol......great tunes by great original artists like chris.......and hubbard etc...and hey....if he's gonna cause little chats like this on here......that on knock on effect make normal ppl wonder.....what the hell is crazy comets?...and they come here.......and they see us.......and they download......and they see too......then goooooooo scooter goooooooo!

personally i dont like his music....its a lil too squeaky for me, and he has the unerving ability to sound like me old french teacher...(dont ask) so i have nightmares listening........but hes turning someones crank....and thats what its all about.......

oh and feekazoid.......and chris heulsbeck....on the same board.........I AM IN HEAVEN!
hello chris from a fellow chris :-)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> what the hell is crazy comets?...and they come here.......
> and they see us.......and they download......and they see too......
> then goooooooo scooter goooooooo!

As far as I was aware, he didn't credit Rob or Crazy Comets, so anyone
who didn't already know it was Crazy Comets would think it
was Scooter's own work.

I don't own the album though, so I could be wrong.

I wouldn't have thought his record label would let him put out a CD
with an acknowledged uncleared sample.

Chris
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

then me think its thumb screw time.............
or maybe someone should nick scooters wheels.....

lol
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Ok, time for some little comments, hehe...

1st of, Scooter is not "he". It's a band consisting of 4 members, 3 on stage and known to the public (within this 3 guys one keyboardplayer has been replaced 2 times in the past) and one man in the studio for label-work etc.

2nd: To clear one thing up: In "Burn The House" there are maybe 2 sounds and one very basic melody that sound a little (and I mean little!) like Crazy Comets, but I would never (!) speak of a cover here. Never. Not! :mrgreen:

3rd: I don't think it's bad to learn from the best (KLF). And there are many bands out there who covered "things" from KLF. The most recent is this band Milton with the singer (?) "Sky Sci Fire" (how silly is this!), they do everything like it's been discribed in da book! :twisted:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Dr.Future wrote:Ok, time for some little comments, hehe...
Let's Go ! :)

Dr.Future wrote:1st of, Scooter is not "he". It's a band consisting of 4 members, 3 on stage and known to the public (within this 3 guys one keyboardplayer has been replaced 2 times in the past) and one man in the studio for label-work etc.
Scooter, like many bands of this kind, is composed of one creative mind who makes almost everything and othe "x" clowns who jump and scream on the stage (just like Prodigy: Liam is responsible for the music, the other only occasionally perform some vocals, the rest of the time simply entertain audience). That's true for almost every "band" of this kind (some exception of course exist).

Se, when we talk about "him", we talk about the one who makes the music.
Dr.Future wrote:2nd: To clear one thing up: In "Burn The House" there are maybe 2 sounds and one very basic melody that sound a little (and I mean little!) like Crazy Comets, but I would never (!) speak of a cover here. Never. Not! :mrgreen:
Burn The House has far more than 2 or 3 samples that sounds like Crazy Comets. It has some clearly picked up sfx and the whole sampled bassline repeated many times.
Dr.Future wrote:3rd: I don't think it's bad to learn from the best (KLF). And there are many bands out there who covered "things" from KLF. The most recent is this band Milton with the singer (?) "Sky Sci Fire" (how silly is this!), they do everything like it's been discribed in da book! :twisted:
There's a big difference between paying respect to another band and to making self-rificulous trying to clone everything that band has done.

cheerz, my german football player friend :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

DHS, my friend, your absolutely right...

...not! :mrgreen:
Chris Huelsbeck
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Chris Huelsbeck »

DHS wrote:Scooter, like many bands of this kind, is composed of one creative mind who makes almost everything and othe "x" clowns who jump and scream on the stage (just like Prodigy: Liam is responsible for the music, the other only occasionally perform some vocals, the rest of the time simply entertain audience). That's true for almost every "band" of this kind (some exception of course exist).

Se, when we talk about "him", we talk about the one who makes the music.
From what I know, there is not one person alone doing all the music, it's really more of a team effort between all of them.
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

...like I said... :)

DHS: BÄÄÄHHH! :mrgreen:
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Dr.Future wrote:...like I said... :)

DHS: BÄÄÄHHH! :mrgreen:
BUUHH!!! :D
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

So what will this look like when Scooter-copycatted? :wink:

http://www.d418.com/kfposter.jpg
putzi
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

putzi wrote:So what will this look like when Scooter-copycatted? :wink:

http://www.d418.com/kfposter.jpg
Ah, reminds me that I really should get around to reading my copy of the "K-Foundation Burn A Million Quid" book. Got loadsa stills from the burning in it, too. :D
M.A.F
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by M.A.F »

Aside from all this Scooter vs Sid rip off vs KLF(despite the fact i hate Scooter "the band" immensly just because they are jumpimg on some kind of hardcore bouncey techno transition between past and present while trying to convince the kids that they are something new and progressive)

Anyway,A pop trivia question for all you sussed KLF fans! :)

The KLF produced a single about a well known Television couple in 1990(I think but dont kill me if im a year or two out)

What was the name of the famous Television couple and the name of the single? :D For 2 Points.
Not to be too pretentious you understand.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

"Kylie said to Jason"

referring to Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan who had a hit single with "Especially for you" at the same time. What was the sitcom they were playing in... Friends or Neighbors or something? :lol: