GIVE OUR THANKS & SUPPORT TO MR ABBOTT !!!!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

The live events have been incredible experiences, and it was so great to meet the musicians and talk to them.

Chris, thanks for all the hard work you have put in. And to all those who have helped him along the way, thanks for everything.

Neil, I'm with you on this one - I don't want to know how much it's all cost me. Just being there is reward enough.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I also remember Kenz being very QUIET after BIT Live 2. After that event, we all loaded up (keeping an eye out for the traffic wardens who threatened to ticket), and then made our way back up the A2 to Bromley. We went into a Macdonalds which was open in New Cross, and as we got home, the sun started coming up. Kenz was quiet and merry :) There were lots of people staying at my house that night :)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Kenz wrote:BitLive 2004 (St Lukes) - Having a vodka party with Benn and madfiddler (ow, my HEAD!)
Oh yes, I remember now! You were in the same cat-pee-smelling hotel as them weren't you? :) I don't think Ben's ever played a BIT Live where he didn't go to bed at 5am that same morning :)

Chris
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

Like one or two people, I'm a bit of a latecomer to the events. I was briefly at the 2004 Bit live but I had to leave due to a prior arrangmeent, and I definitely wanted to stay! Made up for it this year at Bitlite though.

I've already subscribed to sidstock and barring problems, will be there. Thanks to Chris and everyone involved and I'm glad that event are continuing :)
octave-sounds
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by octave-sounds »

i would like to say a mega big thanks to chris abbott and the rest of the awesome bitlive crew and all the people who i've chatted to and met at the events over the years who from the very beginning have done a fantastic job organising the shows etc and giving me such great memories i will treasure :)

just some of the great memories:

bitliive1 (Birmingham):
meeting rob hubbard,fred gray,martin galway,david whittaker,ben dalglish in person etc AWESOME :)

bitlive2(London):
first time performing live at the event and chris letting me use his korg karma :)

bitlive3(Brighton):
just some of the classic moments :
when i was playing comic bakery and martin galway walks in with chris abbott (didnt recognise martin) and he stands next to me while i'm playing then chris says this is martin galway ;) (i was gob smacked) ;)hehe
watching rob hubbard,sid80's,ppot etc performing live...AWESOME!
watching fred gray play enigma force on me keyboard :)

bitlite manchester:
an awesome weekend all round meeting loads of people playing old games till me hands dropped off and then watching and listening to a fantastic concert!

and many many more great memories which i'm very greatful to chris and the rest of the guys involved in the events and everybody else in the scene :)

octave
Last edited by octave-sounds on 02/10/2005 - 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

At all events its kinda weird when someone knows your name, like in Manc when I went into the pub on my own cos Ponce and Scouse were having a shower and everyone knew my name, its nice, but weird !

Birmingham: Ben offering me something that wasnt quite legal to smoke and someone asking for my autograph, that was weird.
Gossips (bit3): Taking the piss outta someone on the dance floor
Brighton: SNUS! bleurgh! and Hubbard playing live... awesome moment/ Meeting Tomsk at breakfast, he picked us out cos we had Remix Vol2 tshirts on.
St Lukes : Chris' face when I told him the acts were still in the pub when there was only five minutes till the gig started
Manc: Slapping Subzero around and drinking and drinking and drinking

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

dan gillgrass wrote:Manc: Slapping Subzero around and drinking and drinking and drinking
Hmm yes, what a *memory* that is!!!

I have lots of great memories of the 2 bitlives i've been to, but the one that sticks in my head most is the one on the dvd - yes, that one....yes the one of me fumbling through the doors with EIGHT bottles of carlsberg and getting grabbed on camera by fred grey *most embarrasing!!!*

But most especially meeting new people and hopefully I've made a few friends along the way...

Oh and by the way chris - how tasteless was that baked potato you had in morrisons in manc?? It looked NAFF ;)
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

thank you very very much Mr. Abbott.

my main memory of the BIT Lives was the stressed out look poor Chris always had :wink:
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

YES! This thread was overdue!

Without people like you, Chris, this all wouldn't be the same (and... maybe never happened)!!!

Cudos to you and all of you who made the scene what it is!

Thumbs up!
All is lost.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Chris Abbott wrote: We went into a Macdonalds which was open in New Cross, and as we got home, the sun started coming up. Kenz was quiet and merry :) There were lots of people staying at my house that night :)
That was a surreal moment, going from there with the sun coming up very very late on. I remember not actually sleeping at all that night and how I managed to get through the day after was something else. I seem to remember typing something on the old Back in Time boards at around 5am to tell everyone how bloody good the event was..

Actually Chris, I'd like to thank you on a more personal level anyway - for the many fun moments, telephone conversations and visits down to Bromley over the years (the old and the new C64Audio HQs if I remember), for having the insight and vision into forming C64Audio into what it is now, for your valuable assistance to me personally when I was HVSC Administrator, and for allowing me to say "what happens if we do this?" during various listening sessions and input into BIT1 and BIT2 - even though it's probably dated a lot now I still enjoy listening to Mutants from BIT1 with some pride, let me tell you.

Not just that, but for making BITLive the event that it was and also the undoubted success. I know near the end of BIT1 you were very down and had doubts, but like I said to you at the time: "You've got people together talking to each other who might not have had the chance, and that had to be worth it". And years on, it proved right, as many of us now don't just call the likes of Ben Daglish an idol, but someone to talk to like you and me, and a friend too.

Not to mention Tanya and her legendary life saving cups of tea!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

I still listen to BIT 1 a lot, and I dont think its aged at all.
Where BIT 3 is SID music played on new technology, BIT 1 is SID music enhanced with new technology.
(I love Mutants on BIT 1 btw :D )
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
trooper/osg
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trooper/osg »

dan gillgrass wrote:At all events its kinda weird when someone knows your name, like in Manc when I went into the pub on my own cos Ponce and Scouse were having a shower
Just like to point out, the showers happened independantly of each other. :oops:
Don't jump, if you do, you'll only fall and hurt yourself.
Mog
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mog »

Kenz wrote:8-Bit Revolution - Mog drinking an incredible amount of wine.
Did I?

Oops! :?

Mog
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

trooper/osg wrote:
dan gillgrass wrote:At all events its kinda weird when someone knows your name, like in Manc when I went into the pub on my own cos Ponce and Scouse were having a shower
Just like to point out, the showers happened independantly of each other. :oops:
Thats not what chappers told us ;)
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Mog wrote:
Kenz wrote:8-Bit Revolution - Mog drinking an incredible amount of wine.
Did I?

Oops! :?

Mog
It was a site to behold! :D
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net