Reactions to the Copenhagen Retro Concert 2005

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

o2 wrote:Jan, Are you sure its not the Julebryg flu from Friday? ;)
Aye. I wasn't even the slightest bit hung-over saturday morning. Or sunday morning for that matter.
octave-sounds
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by octave-sounds »

i would just like to say the retro-concert was awesome and it was great meeting new and old people from the scene. the bands were excellent and press play on tape did a grand job of organising the event :)

cheers
octave
Raiden

Damn!

Post by Raiden »

DAMN! it sounds like it was awesome! :D

I hate myself not to have the chance to get there.. even though i live in denmark..

Sometimes the world can be cruel! :(

oh yeah glad that u other liked it.. seems like u Guys did a great job on the scene! cheers :wink:
Commordore Remix Spirit 4 lives on because of YOU GUYS! Dont ever freaking give it up YA HEAR!!!! ;)
Anaboli Stereo

Post by Anaboli Stereo »

Our official CRC gig report can be found from the Axes Denied web site. You might want to check that out:

http://www.axesdenied.net/gig_reports/c ... ert_05.htm

PPOT, next time please make the event last longer because it was so much fun (Retro Week or something). Thank you! :)
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

soren_ladegaard wrote:It was also a bit hard to hear them because the crowd kept talking during the concert. Did you come for the music or the chat? ;-)
Makke wrote:worked as well with a pub crowd (WHO WERE CONSTANTLY TALKING!!!).
I agree!
What is the deal with people coming these concerts and talking ALL THE TIME thoughout the performances! I'm mostly talking about them nobles that yelled over Rob Hubbard performance and talked a lot during PPOTs gig at Brighton. Why can't people met in the pubs before the event and TALK then!!

I'd like to say "SHUT UP" like that Sergeant Major on "It Aint Half Hot Mum"
Chrome - keeping the Aussie scene alive
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

hence my "I'm glad you're enjoying talking to each other" comment I made when SID80s were on....
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

We can't make people shut up or even ask them to. It's, at least, the Danish culture to talk during musical event.

There are two kinds of communication during sets in this respect. The one where people talk when it's not annoying and the one where it is. People should have buckled up during the Visa Röster set since the sound system had problems filling the entire room. Others should stop yelling requests for the zillionth time and people booh'ing and the like, well, guess my opinion about them. At one point during SID80s' set I seriously looked for a bouncer to get rid of two guys, but in vain.

There were people that during the event spoke rudely to performers about the music (the bar staff included, which really pissed me off when I heard about it). Those should have been warned and then bounced. It's a free country and I would have like to use the bouncers in that respect ;)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

tony.rc wrote:What is the deal with people coming these concerts and talking ALL THE TIME thoughout the performances! I'm mostly talking about them nobles that yelled over Rob Hubbard performance and talked a lot during PPOTs gig at Brighton. Why can't people met in the pubs before the event and TALK then!!
Well, social ineptitude was the reason many people got into computers in the first place back in the day...
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

madfiddler wrote:hence my "I'm glad you're enjoying talking to each other" comment I made when SID80s were on....
Madfidder, It was not intention to forget about the SID80s. Due to the benefit of having the two Brighton performances of SID80s on DVD. It sounds like you guys drowned out the noise people chatting continously.

Anyway I'm SO GLAD that the gig went very well and I'm very interested any future plans to do it again.
Chrome - keeping the Aussie scene alive
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

tony.rc wrote:
madfiddler wrote:hence my "I'm glad you're enjoying talking to each other" comment I made when SID80s were on....
Madfidder, It was not intention to forget about the SID80s. Due to the benefit of having the two Brighton performances of SID80s on DVD. It sounds like you guys drowned out the noise people chatting continously.

Anyway I'm SO GLAD that the gig went very well and I'm very interested any future plans to do it again.
wasn't aiming that at you mate, just a general comment about the gig and the talking...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Maybe they were members from YakYak... ? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oooohhhhhh bad pun, soz guys :lol:
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Matrix wrote:Maybe they were members from YakYak... ? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oooohhhhhh bad pun, soz guys :lol: