Flags

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Flags

Post by Chappers »

I remember there was a survey done a little while ago as to what country all the forum members come from in the world.

Any chance of having a little flag symbol of the relevant country appearing next to their name when forum peeps post a message? I'm referring to something similar that is used on Nectarine.

A bit of patriotism can't be all that bad. :D
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Flags

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Chappers wrote:Any chance of having a little flag symbol of the relevant country appearing next to their name when forum peeps post a message? I'm referring to something similar that is used on Nectarine.

Sorry for being ye olde stick in the mud, but isn't that what the "location" thingy is there for?

There's also the frappr map - http://www.frappr.com/remix64
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Flags

Post by Chappers »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:
Chappers wrote:Any chance of having a little flag symbol of the relevant country appearing next to their name when forum peeps post a message? I'm referring to something similar that is used on Nectarine.

Sorry for being ye olde stick in the mud, but isn't that what the "location" thingy is there for?

There's also the frappr map - http://www.frappr.com/remix64
I totally agree on both your points but I was thinking of it being some nice eye candy to represent everyone's country. They can both co-exist as the location thingy would focus more on where in the country they were.

The addition of the commodore 64 logo thingy from a while back wasn't totally necessary either but was nice to look at all the same. Same reasoning, in my view. :)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hey Chappers, nice idea on the one hand - on the other hand the forum ranks you mentioned are a standard feature, and the flags are not. So it would require either programming or a 3rd party mod, and every additional mod makes it more cumbersome to install security updates.

Btw the national statistics were from the main site memberships, not from the forum. Here's the current list:

291 Germany
224 UK
156 Sweden
93 Finland
91 Denmark
73 USA
54 Norway
50 Australia
50 Netherlands
39 Poland
36 Italy
35 Hungary
25 Austria
23 France
17 Canada
15 Switzerland
14 Czech Republic
10 Belgium
8 Turkey
7 Spain
6 Brazil
5 Ireland
5 Russia
5 New Zealand
5 Greece
4 South Africa
4 Croatia
3 Israel
3 Pakistan
2 Iceland
2 Serbia
2 USA/Germany
2 Macedonia
2 Portugal
2 Slovakia
1 Northern Ireland
1 Cambodia
1 Yugoslavia
1 Bulgaria
1 Taiwan
1 Montenegro
1 Germany/Greece
1 Estonia
1 Mauritius
1 Romania
1 Ru/Ar/Uk/Jap
1 Italy/USA
1 Argentinia
1 Armenia
1 London
1 Peru
1 Mexico
1 Germany/Netherlands
1 Hungary/Austria
1 Puerto Rico
1 Germany/Sweden
1 Italy/Slovenia
1 Poland/USA
1 Sweden/Ireland
1 Iran
1 Singapore

355 n/a
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Hey Chappers, nice idea on the one hand - on the other hand the forum ranks you mentioned are a standard feature, and the flags are not. So it would require either programming or a 3rd party mod, and every additional mod makes it more cumbersome to install security updates.

Btw the national statistics were from the main site memberships, not from the forum...........
Ah, well, that's different if it's a very awkward thing to implement. Sorry for getting my facts wrong re the forum ranks being a standard feature when I thought they weren't.

Like I said before, it was purely on an eye candy level for the request. I can live without it. :D