Yet another small C64 tribute in a commercial song

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Yet another small C64 tribute in a commercial song

Post by Lagerfeldt »

I have a bonus track on the new Blue Eyes (Blå Øjne) maxi single. The single is called Stronger (Stærkere) and the bonus track is called How Dumb (Hvor Dum).

It uses an interpolation of Poseidon: Planet Eleven by Jeroen Tel in the piano theme after the chorus. Also the bridge is based somewhat on the chords in the intro of Poseidon.

The single will be in the shops in Denmark soon, probably in 2 weeks or so.

Blue Eyes is one of the best selling artists in Denmark with more than 7 x platinum. There should be an album (hopefully) later this year.

I also have some plans for using the Dutch Breeze remix as a bonus track on an international release. That would be nice as I owe Jeroen big time for This Is How We Party with SOAP 8)

I'll leave this link active for a few days.

It's in Danish, so unless you're Scandinavian you probably won't understand a single word. http://www.onlinemastering.dk/download/ ... or_Dum.zip, the file contains a 320 kbps mp3 made in iTunes.
Last edited by Lagerfeldt on 09/03/2006 - 9:00, edited 1 time in total.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hey Holger, these pages are googled, so I reccomend another way. :D
If you like, I can put the link on a members-only page on R64.
Jax
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jax »

Awesomely pleasant, without being overly complicated.

When does the video come out? The vocals have me intrigued as to what kind of girl puts out those angelic tones :D

Only kidding - but it's a very nice piece :)

Jax
LDA #$0F
STA $D418
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Nice song, good remix and really pleasant to listen to! :-D

I wish you all luck with it, Holger! - And I'm looking forward to hearing it on danish radio as well! 8)
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Thank you, the music isn't mixed although it sounds fine, the session was too old to be opened, so I mastered the demo.

The girl singing is Julie Rugaard (the act name is Blue Eyes), I posted a picture of her previously as she did a little vox on one of my remixes (Angel). I think she had a bit of cold on that track though. The also sang on a track I did with Yuzo Koshiro for Dance Dance Revolution 3 for Konami.

Here's a picture of her, she looks very nice (been there, done that, but hey now I'm a married man). ;-)

It's grabbed from the website (now under reconstruction) so sorry for the messed up graphics.

How obvious do you think the piano theme is from Poseidon? I think it is very obvious although it is only an excerpt? How about the bridge, can you hear the chord progression is from Poseidon?
Jax
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jax »

Lagerfeldt wrote:How obvious do you think the piano theme is from Poseidon? I think it is very obvious although it is only an excerpt? How about the bridge, can you hear the chord progression is from Poseidon?
It's more obvious now that you point it out, but I could have happily missed it, as it seems natural in its own right in the composition. But once the connection is made, I can see why it seems obvious to you... Less sure about the chord progression.

Jax

(PS - she's bloody gorgeous!)
LDA #$0F
STA $D418
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

This is one of the reasons I like the net. Normaly I would have never heard of this band here in North America.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Nice one, Holget! Quality as always. :D

Wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out though, but that's probably because I don't know the original JT tune that well.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Lagerfeldt wrote:Here's a picture of her, she looks very nice (been there, done that,
By the way, the next installment in the series of "how to be a perfect gentleman". :roll:

Track is sounding great, but, don't know why, when i listen to it the singing of the word "incomplete" keeps coming to my mind :wink:
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

DHS wrote:
Lagerfeldt wrote:Here's a picture of her, she looks very nice (been there, done that,
By the way, the next installment in the series of "how to be a perfect gentleman". :roll:
To be fair, I don't think he was saying he'd done it to her... just female kind in general before settling down. Right, LF?
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Ahem, sorry that was rather ill mannered of me. I guess I thought I was among "the guys" here and let that comment rip :oops: It's just one of those perks of making music isn't it.

BTW the track isn't mixed since I couldn't open the old session but after mastering I was pretty satisfied anyhow. DHS, didn't get the Incomplete comment? Were you thinking of anything in particular?

Luckily Jeroen Tel really liked the track and we've found an arrangement. I hope to use more C64 stuff in the future, and not just Jeroen's stuff :-)
Andreas Wallström
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Andreas Wallström »

It's good to hear that you're bringing C64 music to the masses (and I really like the track in general). There sooo many great C64 melodies out there that easily could become number ones.

I think everyone is wondering, is Julie single? ;)
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Really nice track, i let my wife translate some works i didn't understand, cause she is danish ;)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Andreas Wallström
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Andreas Wallström »

trace wrote:Really nice track, i let my wife translate some works i didn't understand, cause she is danish ;)
I bet it has something to do with "love", "oh baby", and "why did you have to leave me". ;)
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Lagerfeldt wrote:DHS, didn't get the Incomplete comment? Were you thinking of anything in particular?
Backstreet Boys song "Incomplete". Check their refrain, then check the one of your song.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/