Remix Contest in Germany (ambrosia related)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Markus Schneider wrote:"I am a professional writer of audiobooks (he is really well known). I would like to engage you as background music writer. I have several well known and promoted projects. Attached you find the scripts for about 70min. I need it in about 2 weeks and can pay about 150 EUROS."
I like this one! Paraphrased...

"I'm important. More important than you. However, I find myself unfortunately in need of your music. But I'm so important, you should be flattered to even be connected with my brilliance, and so will immediately accept this offer because we both know there's a huge queue of people waiting to just give me music. You should be flattered I'm willing to pay anything. Really!"

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

What I mean is that people can't expect enthusiasm and professional work if they are not paid/treated like that.

When I took part in a music contest for a game they did put my music in their 'professional' game and charged 40 EURO for every single game. I have never seen any money. They did it unallowed regarding the contract. First I didn't scare, but since they didn't credited me (bought a copy of the game) I gave it to my lawyer. This p*sses me off.

PS: The filmmaker wasn't young, he is a commercial senior producer in germany, who also just want to save money.
Markus
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Markus Schneider wrote:What I mean is that people can't expect enthusiasm and professional work if they are not paid/treated like that.

When I took part in a music contest for a game they did put my music in their 'professional' game and charged 40 EURO for every single game. I have never seen any money. They did it unallowed regarding the contract. First I didn't scare, but since they didn't credited me (bought a copy of the game) I gave it to my lawyer. This p*sses me off.

PS: The filmmaker wasn't young, he is a commercial producing senior producer in germany, who also just want to save money.
Yep, when I reread your post I realised that :) You're right, of course.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Chris Abbott wrote:
LMan / Remix64 wrote:Well, *everyone* here does music for free. The point is, we really give it away for free and not let someone else reap the profits.
/me gives Boz, Marcel, O2, Makke and most other remixers big virtual yachts :)
where is mine..... :P
moog
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by moog »

Yeah !! and my Virtual Studio (VST)