FIFA World cup 2006 in Germany

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

We deffinately are scrambling our way through this world cup campaign. another drab game and another fortunate result.

We are through to the quarter finals but i tell you now, we need to improve or we can forget another fortunate result!
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Anyway, congrats England!
All is lost.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Admittedly today's game was nothing to get excited about whatsoever, it was drab with no ideas, a rubbish formation system and quite frankly apart from his goal Beckham was a passenger, again :(

Well it's Portugal next, after they had a right battle with the Dutch, four red cards! That's actually a record for a World Cup finals game!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Waz wrote:Admittedly today's game was nothing to get excited about whatsoever, it was drab with no ideas, a rubbish formation system and quite frankly apart from his goal Beckham was a passenger, again :(

Well it's Portugal next, after they had a right battle with the Dutch, four red cards! That's actually a record for a World Cup finals game!
And also means a sporting chance of having lots of Portugal players sent off during the match for second-yellow cards. Maybe against 8 men we'd have a chance :)

Oh, hang on, if they get another yellow they just miss the next match don't they? D'OH!

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

"And Australia roll serenely on, the unrivalled entertainers of this tournament." from the football.guardian.co.uk

Mmm I'd never think I would see an English football writer saying that about our Football team that has gone though the heartache and curse of 32 years. Kevin Mitchell (the writer) amazingly gives us a chance again the Italians. :shock: OMG it would launch Football in an elliptic orbit down here if we could do it.
Chrome - keeping the Aussie scene alive
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Tony.

I can totally sympathise.. The penatly at the end was nothing short of discusting. That was very cruel!

Even i'm livid! and i'm not Austrailian!
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Tony,

As we English say "You were robbed!"

Robbed by a rubbish referee who mistakenly took a dive over a prone Lucas Neill as a dirty foul, by a referee who sends off an Italian defender for no reason and then sees the penalty as an attempt to make up for it. And I thought Graeme Poll was lousy for you in the Croatia game.. but this ref took the biscuit.

Nevertheless to push Italy so far is testament to how well they battled, well done Australia!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

I dont fell too bad ..... (Not bloody true, I'm still dealing with it)
Mmm this just brings back the memories of failing to qualify for the French world cup playing Iran. I only hope it does not throw the game back here 8 years like that did.

Sure we did not put Italy out their misery. However that does not give the excuse of not allowing us extra time or an penalty shoot-out to decided an more fair result. Australia actually trains and practices for total match fitness (to include extra time) while the Italians do dive training.

Not to worry the football gods should see Germany or Argentina correct our wrong against Italy.

With Guus gone and a lot of the players being too old for 2010. We basically need to start a fresh which will not be easy. Now we have got the Asian cup to win with a qualifier in my neck of the woods: Australia v Lebanon, 1 September 2006 @ Adelaide Oval

I've yet to talk to any Italian Australians (about the match) cos they all jumped ship to Italy 10 seconds before the end of the game.
Chrome - keeping the Aussie scene alive
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Congrats to Germany showing yet again luck favours them.

Argentina should be banned from International Football for the disgraceful actions after the match.

Germany i have always said can win this cup despite not being the best german side for a long time. Dunno what it is about the Germans they can always grind out a result even when the odds look slim.

England V Portugal today. Hardest game yet for England who must improve if they are to progress. I feel England play better against better opposition who look to attack rather than sit back and defend.

However a lot of luck is need especially with FIFA doing their best to spoil the competition with silly bookings favouring cheating players that dive. I hope the game finishes with 11 V 11 and we put on a good performance even if we lose.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

tas wrote:Congrats to Germany showing yet again luck favours them.
Yup, well done. Argentina played a tactically brilliant game, until they decided to go all defence, and that's when they lost the chance they had to win. Germany pulled themselves together well, and finished the game the top team, after looking a bit bleak.
tas wrote:Argentina should be banned from International Football for the disgraceful actions after the match.
I never really understood what the hell happened? What was that all about? All of a sudden there was a big fight on the field!
tas wrote:Dunno what it is about the Germans they can always grind out a result even when the odds look slim.
The added creativity! Germany has always been great technically, but lacked the artistery and creativity that "creates" goals. :)
tas wrote:England V Portugal today.
It will be an interesting game for sure! :D
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Makke wrote:Argentina should be banned from International Football for the disgraceful actions after the match.
I never really understood what the hell happened? What was that all about? All of a sudden there was a big fight on the field!
From what i have gathered one of the German party said something to one of the Argentinians (aledgedly) Then one of the Argies went on to kick him on the leg and then again in the groin. Resulting in the Argies going ape.

Someone somewhere in that squad will get heavilly fined and banned.. To what extent it is to be seen.

Off to the Pub in an hour... Whatever the result i am going to get well and truely lathered! ;)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

tas wrote:
Makke wrote:Argentina should be banned from International Football for the disgraceful actions after the match.
From what i have gathered one of the German party said something to one of the Argentinians (aledgedly) Then one of the Argies went on to kick him on the leg and then again in the groin. Resulting in the Argies going ape.

Someone somewhere in that squad will get heavilly fined and banned.. To what extent it is to be seen.

Off to the Pub in an hour... Whatever the result i am going to get well and truely lathered! ;)
I think it all started from one of the German players doing the "be silent" gesture to the Argentinian players during penalties, after he had scored to make it 4-2 and Argentina having to score to survive. Apparently, a few Argentinian players stepped forward aggressively but nothing happened there, the ill-feeling obviously spilling over to the end of the match.

A lot of comments also coming out that Argentina can't stand losing. Probably seems appropriate here, real sore losers it seems. I'm sure the German players were playing on this, to wind them up at the end, hence the kicking-off :)
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

http://eurosport.com/football/worldcup/ ... 7708.shtml

obviously Cufre mistook Mertesacker for Borowski (both blond and tall).
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Probably just as well we're out: we were never going to actually perform in this World Cup. Just not enough people able to find the net, either in penalties or in real play...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

Though they lacked a threatening striker, England deserved it far more than Portugal to get to the semifinals. Portugal showed nothing.
I don't know if England have a psychologist in their team, but if so, he did a terrible job regarding the penalty-kicks.
Hargreaves = Motm