Searching for a SID

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Vaynen

Searching for a SID

Post by Vaynen »

Hello everyone!

For some time now I am searching for a specific SID but I just can't find it, I know exactly how it sounds and as far as I know it belongs to a game. But scouting through 30,000 SIDS takes forever.. especially if you consider all the subtunes in each SID :roll:
I would be very grateful if someone here could help me! The SID I am looking for is the one you can hear in the Eagle Soft Incorporated intro of the English release of Maniac Mansion, downloadable here.
Eagle Soft Incorporated usually had ripped gametunes in their intros, so as far as I know, this tune should belong to a game aswell. I hope someone can help me with this one, and I thank you for reading my post!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Didn't Eaglesoft always use Ben Daglish's "Hades Nebula"? They did for Defender of the Crown, AFAIR
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Vaynen

Post by Vaynen »

They used several game tunes, like the Antony Crowthes R1D1 for their Sid Meiers Pirates! release. I wish they mentioned the SIDs in their scroll texts, would have made this a lot easier. :)
Vaynen

Post by Vaynen »

Thanks very much for your reply Chris! I've started searching through Ben Daglish's SIDs in the hope I'd maybe find it there, and I have!
It turns out the SID is called Mounty Micks Deathride, I guess I can finally sleep at night again :)

By the way, wasn't it the theme from Gobots that they used in their DotC intro? Anyways, thanks very much for your reply, I got my answer :)
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

http://www.c64.org/HVSC/Daglish_Ben/Mou ... thride.sid

After listening to this, I remembered that intro too, with the full-screen eagle that enrolls itself from the top to the bottom of the screen until it's fully visible, isn't it? Memories!!! ;-)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Searching for a SID

Post by Waz »

Vaynen wrote: I would be very grateful if someone here could help me! The SID I am looking for is the one you can hear in the Eagle Soft Incorporated intro of the English release of Maniac Mansion
Not that difficult for me to find that one, it is of course by Ben Daglish and can be found in HVSC here:

/Daglish_Ben/Mounty_Micks_Deathride.sid

Hope that helps!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Wow that tune brings back memory's of gray scale Fast Scrolling text fading in and out as it bounced across my screen, with that funky Italic type of font.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Vaynen wrote:Thanks very much for your reply Chris! I've started searching through Ben Daglish's SIDs in the hope I'd maybe find it there, and I have!
It turns out the SID is called Mounty Micks Deathride, I guess I can finally sleep at night again :)

By the way, wasn't it the theme from Gobots that they used in their DotC intro? Anyways, thanks very much for your reply, I got my answer :)
Yup, it was Gobots. I was a crap pirate :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Vaynen

Post by Vaynen »

Thanks very much everyone for the replies!
Maybe we should set up a C64 trivia contest, eh? :P

Oh and yes Omoroca, indeed that very intro: