The Last Ninja Movie

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

Hi everyone, Joe again.
Just launched the trailer for my current project "Time To Kill".
Thought I'd post the link here, give you an idea of my abilites.

Beware, NOT work-friendly and scenes and dialog may offend:
http://www.gorecartoons.co.uk/ttk-downloads003.html

The Last Ninja comes one step closer to shooting :D
Joe x
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

bign2003 wrote:Beware, NOT work-friendly and scenes and dialog may offend:
Joe: "That Rob Hubbard... he's overrated"
Ninja: "What about that Martin Galway character??"

Yep, it offended me, OK ;-)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

Got the effects sorted for The Last Ninja. The dragon will now be done using several minature puppets.

The script is growing well and the first song for the film will end production sometime this month.

Anyone interesting in composing original re-makes dont forget to get in touch as March is fast approuching :)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Is "Time To Kill" a different project than "The Last Ninja" ?

The only thing I find would be offensive, would be the use of the 'C' word at the end of the trail, at least with the Lady's I'm not sure how the word is perceived in the U.K. but here in North America its rarely used because it is very offensive.

I liked the trailer very well done, and what is the name of that song being played, I remember hearing it when I was a kid.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

Analog-X wrote:Is "Time To Kill" a different project than "The Last Ninja" ?

The only thing I find would be offensive, would be the use of the 'C' word at the end of the trail, at least with the Lady's I'm not sure how the word is perceived in the U.K. but here in North America its rarely used because it is very offensive.

I liked the trailer very well done, and what is the name of that song being played, I remember hearing it when I was a kid.
Cheers, yeah Time To Kill is my current project, gets released in December. The C word is the same here, the most offensive swear word and never used on tv (but is used all the time in real life hehe)

It was more for shock value, the actual film doesnt include it.
The song is "dont let me be misunderstood" by Santa Esmerelda (spelling)

Thanks again!
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

Little treat for you all. Heres a test video for how Lin Fen 'may' look:
http://www.gorecartoons.co.uk/lin-fen.wmv

Let me know what you think.
Joe
idai122

Post by idai122 »

clip was funny!

Would be cool if you could get some bujinkan guys to participate infront of the blue screen for some authentic ninjutsu action?
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

idai122 wrote:clip was funny!

Would be cool if you could get some bujinkan guys to participate infront of the blue screen for some authentic ninjutsu action?
Already got a few stunt people, but not sure how much will be possible until we audition then :)
idai122

Post by idai122 »

Sounds cool.

Hope it all goes well and looking foward to seeing the final production.

Have a look at some of Hatsumi's books for ideas.

I teach some of this stuff hence a general intrest :wink:
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

Hey everyone, Joe here!

Been a long while since I updated you on this so thought I'd do it now. My second feature TTK went down really well in December, it was screened to over 130 people and reaction was really good.

Since then I've been doing short films, heres my updated filmography:
http://www.gorecartoons.co.uk/gore-director001.html

All my films are downloadable through either WMV or YouTube, so hopefully you'll find something of interest there.

Right, about The Last Ninja. I've decided to scrap plans for a full on feature, simply because writing it so SO hard. How do you write a silent film in modern times, I really dont know.

Fear not however, for I havent given up on the film, just changing its direction. Instead of a feature I have decided to create a 10-minute short, showing off some of the most iconic moments found in the first Ninja game, all re-enacted and edit to music by actors.

The film will end with the final battle with The Shogun. Sorry for all those expecting a full on film - maybe it'll still be possible but for now shorts are the best way to go.

I'm going to start work on it in the next week or so, with an expecte production of around one month.

Takecare everyone,
Joe x
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

Decided to bite the bullet and commit a budget to The Last Ninja, if a jobs worth doing its worth doing right, right?

Heres the first production diary (YouTube):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t2x380HowQ

Props, costumes and music have entered production, let me know what you think so far,
Joe
Retrovertigo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Retrovertigo »

Have to admit I was sceptical at first but the video rocked, keep them coming! Oh and the music sounds fantastic, looking forward to hearing the full tracks.
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

Retrovertigo wrote:Have to admit I was sceptical at first but the video rocked, keep them coming! Oh and the music sounds fantastic, looking forward to hearing the full tracks.
Cheers dude, hopefully it'll turn out good!
bign2003
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bign2003 »

Ok, here it is,
the first 20 of The Last Ninja script.

http://www.gorecartoons.co.uk/draft02.doc

Hope you enjoy it. The script ends just after The Ninja's confrontation with The Dragon. Now its still rough, with spelling and grammer errors but its pretty much how it'll playout on film.

Naturally though any suggestions would be very helpful. The hardest part to write has been the narration, the decision to make The Ninja mute has caused several problems in the story telling but hopefully I've done enough to make it exciting enough to please the core fans, which has always been my intention (as well as pleasing myself hehe).

As stated in the past the films main drive is the music anyway so the script will hopefully reflect this.

Takecare,
Joe x
tmx

Post by tmx »

*Waves*
:D
O
o
°
°

<°)))><