Annual rant by your friend dhs...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

omoroca wrote: For instance, DjUnz! could state: "I'm not trying to sound like IR."

Or DHS could state: "Omoroca mind your wording in this particular comment! I don't think he's trying to sound like IR, that's just your personal feeling!"

And then I could respond: "You guys are right, I've slightly changed the shout in order to reflect this."

And then the whole issue is settled within a couple of hours and there's no more need to discuss this weeks later any more.
That sounds like a best case scenario to me! :lol: Worst case, it could just go on and on and on! I think it's best to keep it simple and give the remixer the chance to just clarify what may not be obvious to every listener from the outset.

For years there was a review of my Palace Gardens loader remix by Lala (don't know where it disappeared to, actually...), where I was eventually accused of being lazy for making yet another SID and drums remix. In fact, this couldn't have been further from the truth. I had built every C64 style sound from scratch with my Cheetah MS6 synth module and programmed in every note and pitch bend with Octamed (I never used SID2MIDI), which took a bloody long time! :)

I knew this, Lala didn't, so it was just a simple misunderstanding. However, it would have been great to just add a short response stating the facts and defending my percieved laziness.

Same goes for the remix which was the cause of this thread. I personally wouldn’t know trance if it came and bit me on the arse, but I can understand the frustration that may be felt if a negative comment is based on an untruth/misunderstanding.

I think an Ebay style one-liner response system to shouts or reviews would be just enough to just get the facts straight, without causing pages of arguments.
Tron
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Tron »

LMan wrote::?: Do we allow countercountershouts and countercountercountershouts andcountercountercountercountershouts etc...?
:?: Would that turn peaceful tune info pages into a shouting battlefield?
:?: Would we require a new set of rules for shouts and countershouts to avoid foul language and insults?
:?: Will we need a "report abuse to staff" button for shouts and countershouts?
Meh. All this control...
You don't have to do it for me. I'm not at all bothered by untactful shouts.
DHS wrote:Smoking at open air is notoriously a tactic used by terrorists to kill and or damage innocent people.
LOL!

"I'm warning you! I've got a cigarette, and I'm not afraid to use it!"
or
"One step closer and I will light up to statistically scrape 0.000000001 seconds of your miserable life!"
:hysterical:
There are no problems, only solutions.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I'm guessing this thread has taken up more time of my life than passive outdoor cigaret smoking can take away. So what technically constitutes outdoor smoking? Being outdoor and smoking, off your private premises, unless the law also forbids you to smoke in your own ourdoor garden, just in case your neighboor could die a few nanosecs earlier. So what constitutes smoking then? Surely producing smoke, inhaling or not, from a, presumably, lit cigar, cigarette or pibe. But what if the smoke is contained? So you walk around in your own biosphere around the head? How about cars? Is it allowed to smoke in cars? How about if you don't roll down the windows while in a public space? Lawyers... One day they'll constrain us to death...
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Tonka wrote:Palace Gardens loader remix....I had built every C64 style sound from scratch with my Cheetah MS6 synth module and programmed in every note and pitch bend with Octamed (I never used SID2MIDI), which took a bloody long time! :)
Apart from an awesome mix surely this must be in "remix lore" by now?? ;)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

dan gillgrass wrote:
Tonka wrote:Palace Gardens loader remix....I had built every C64 style sound from scratch with my Cheetah MS6 synth module and programmed in every note and pitch bend with Octamed (I never used SID2MIDI), which took a bloody long time! :)
Apart from an awesome mix surely this must be in "remix lore" by now?? ;)
Tsk! Dan - stop going on about it will ya? I REALLY don't like to talk about it...

:lol: