Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Hi Wilba! :) Nice to see you finaly made it here :wink:

Feel free to remix whatever you want!... it's your work, your choice 8) ...

now I know that sometimes people here discuss if we need further remixes of the most popular tunes of the SID, but honestly, I make whatever I please, and think everyone should do the same (everyone is free to press "stop" and "erase" if they do not like what they hear)... I'm sure that every remix has a personal touch, no matter how many times it has been remixed and how "good" it is...

Remix to your hearts desire Wilba :lol:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Scyphe »

I guess it's time to run my story (as fast and short as possible). I got into computers in 1985 when I got my first Spectrum 48k+. Less than a year later I bought a C64 with a 1541-drive and got into assembler-programming as well as exploring the awesome sounds by the C64 Music-gods... In september 1987 I bought my Amiga 500 which stayed with me for 7 years. I can still remember the day when I got Soundtracker 1 (with Alpha Flight-intro! I still have the floppy disk somewhere). It changed my world forever. Until then I had only played around with Aegis Sonix (I think I've got that floppy around as well, no idea if it works), a tedious way to write songs.

I had the nickname Modesty (not as in Blaise which many thought, I'm a dude for crying out loud), joined groups (ydex/hitech, defiance, hypnosis, rangers, vortex42, spectral etc.), made tons of pro/soundtracker modules (very varied quality), programmed simple intros and demos with Seka assembler (I weren't a good coder, but I liked doing intros and demos all by myself), went to hacker parties, entered some contests (came 3rd with a module at a party in Karlstad, Sweden held by Amigalords and another group)..... Some modules ended up on some monthly music disk by cryptoburners, other modules ended up nowhere or in my own productions. I vividly remember the day when Romeo Knight's song "Cream of the earth" popped out of the speakers on the Tv I used. I instantly "copied" the use of the $0a** register (as did most other 'trakkers'). Just one of those moments.. I'll make available the modules I'm not totally ashamed of when I can get hold of an A1200 to transfer the modules to the PC (hoping the floppies still work).

I had taken lessons for acoustic guitar when I was 11-12 and got bored of it, but my music interest was always strong. I got synths but I mainly stuck with sound/protracker until 1990 when I bought my Fender Stratocaster (which I still use) and began playing in a metal band. Later I got into different styles but kept the pentatonic style at heart. In 1995 I bought a synth again and began writing music that was slightly goth inspired as well as Pink Floyd'ish. In 1999 I revived an old metal band with the other members and we recorded two albums and a few singles before we broke up (due to certain members having extremely inflated egos after cutting the second album and playing at festivals). This was 2002 and I was sort of burnt out musically and only played/recorded music sporadically. Earlier this year I felt the emotions of creativity stir inside me again and here I am.. :)

Btw. I've always been nostalgic about my early computing years and I've got two C64's (old model + newer model), two Amiga 500's, A spectrum 48k+ etc.. And I've been a regular user of RKO almost since the day it started.. And of course, I've fired up sidplay2/w regularly to listen to a lot of fave songs from games and such..

That's my story... :)

/Scyphe
"...Yes, I DID make modules and demos on the Amiga, but I was never in one of the big groups..."
Stefan_L
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Stefan_L »

Hi! :D

My real name is Stefan Lindberg and i'm from Sweden, i grown up with C-64 (1986-92) and later Atari ST (1989- well actually i still use it) from 1994 PC been my main computer. i really never had any interest in gameconsoles until 2000 when i bought an Dreamcast and Amiga CD32.

I'm not a remixer as i have no musical talent but i never tried much anyway... i will probably post some remix suggestions in it's dedicated forum :)
Maybe even Atari ST remix suggestions if it's allowed? I bought that "Revival ST" CD and it was ok.

Other thing to mention is that i collect "James Pond 2: Roboocd" games :P
http://hem.bredband.net/b108596/robocod_collection.jpg
http://hem.bredband.net/b108596/gba_robocod.jpg
http://hem.bredband.net/b159170/robocod_japan.jpg
http://hem.bredband.net/b159170/robocod_ps2_nds.jpg

And i have lot's of arcadegame PCB's.. see my webpage.
arkanoiz
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by arkanoiz »

Hi, I'm Lorenzo from Cremona, Italy. I now live in Rome, I was born in '77 and feeded with milk, polenta abbrustolita, Ovomaltina and C64!
I didn't know so much people have my same illness :) That's a _good_ thing! :cheers:
I have a breakbeat remix of Daley Thompson Decathlon I made in may (my second tune). Than I have another tune with a vocal sample by Turrican (first one). All done with Sidplayer, Fruity Studio and QuadraSid. Now I moved to Nuendo and drum'n'bass, but I have dubby "roots" too, so I'm thinking in some sid-dubstep tune to do.
Someone interested listening the Decathlon's one (I don't want to show the other one)? Do I put the link here (it's a RapidShare)?

L
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

arkanoiz wrote:Hi, I'm Lorenzo from Cremona, Italy. I now live in Rome, I was born in '77 and feeded with milk, polenta abbrustolita, Ovomaltina and C64!
I didn't know so much people have my same illness :) That's a _good_ thing! :cheers:
I have a breakbeat remix of Daley Thompson Decathlon I made in may (my second tune). Than I have another tune with a vocal sample by Turrican (first one). All done with Sidplayer, Fruity Studio and QuadraSid. Now I moved to Nuendo and drum'n'bass, but I have dubby "roots" too, so I'm thinking in some sid-dubstep tune to do.
Someone interested listening the Decathlon's one (I don't want to show the other one)? Do I put the link here (it's a RapidShare)?

L
Hi Arkanoiz

Welcome to the board.. I was going to warn you about Us. Crazies over here, but it looks like you're everybit crazy as we are so... no problem there. :)

So do you have any links where we can sample you're music?? MySpace??
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Hey arkanoiz!

Welcome to the nerds' board! :duh:

Why not upload your stuff to R:K:O? It will automatically appear here on remix64.com then, too.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
arkanoiz
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by arkanoiz »

Analog-X wrote:Hi Arkanoiz

Welcome to the board.. I was going to warn you about Us. Crazies over here, but it looks like you're everybit crazy as we are so... no problem there. :)

So do you have any links where we can sample you're music?? MySpace??
Sorry, I don't like crazy people, I'm a very serious buisnessman sarariman.
So, I was saying.. What was I talking about? :duh:
:wink:
omoroca wrote:Why not upload your stuff to R:K:O? It will automatically appear here on remix64.com then, too.
Yeah, I'll possibly do it when I'll retouch it and re-remix with Nuendo (I looked at the project now and it has a very strange mix tecnique :) ).
Just one thing: I didn't want to ruin the original mood of the tune, that I find sooo fine. The original has only one sinth playing so I prefered to add something rather than mess too much.
That's the link:

http://www.savefile.com/files/922793

Don't lought too much, good people! :roll:

ps Have I to post also in Reviews64?
N3XU5

Post by N3XU5 »

hi all

my name is marc lange and i'm from a small town called soest in germany! i got my commodore 64 in 1987 together with a tape! after playing only some games at the beginning, i meet a guy (slayer/trust) in my school and he told me that he is coding in the scene. after some meetings with him and other scene guys from my hometown i started to pixeling on the c64... that were in 1988. i spend a lot of time after the school to paint pictures and logos with koala paint and finally in november 1989 i joined my first scene demo group called 'radical'. i really were fascinating by the scene, his friendship and of course from the work from the coders, graficans and musicans! after some venlo meetings and Genesis Project partys i started my first big trip to a party... the Computer Crossroad 1993 in Goteborg/Sweden! in spring 1994 i sold my c64 with all my stuff (thousand of disks, joysticks, cartridge's... etc.) ... my biggest mistake :cry:

as you have noticed... im not a musican, but i always love all this sidchip scratchers out there! my favorites are Joroen Tel, Reyn Ouwehand, Jens-Christian Huus, Tomas Danko ... ahhh ... there are so many! :mrgreen:

found remix64 by browsing different c64 related sites and heyyy... found a lot my own stuff too ... god thank you for the internet :duh:

after listening to many of your fantastic remixes and buying also some cd's at c64audio.com, i think its time to say...

THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC

do it on with the great work! :wink:
BeeZerk
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by BeeZerk »

Hi all,

my name is Marek aka BeeZerk. Born 1980 in Poland, lived there 8 years and moved 1988 to Germany.
I am addicted to the electronic way of music-life since the early 90's. Am Djing since '96 and producing my own stuff since '98.
I'm producing motsly Breakbeat and Houseflavoured sounds, but on the floor i love to shake my boooty to the more energized riddims like D'n'B and Techno.

I never owned a c64 but i had a Gameboy :D My brother had a 64 and i played only a few games i remember (Wizball, Last Ninja...erm..that's all i think)

Hmm what more can i say? Well, I was introduced into the chip genre thru a friend of mine who owned a c64 and a lot of Amiga stuff. Loved the sound from the very first second that's why i remixed a few mod's in my early days and build (mostly bad) tunes on trackers untill i owned a PC. Since then i produce free stuff for various communitys like acidplanet, breakbeat-paradise and now remix.kwed.org.

Yep, i think that's all
If you got Questions, feel free to hook me up or visit http://www.beezerk.de

Have phun
Regards
BeeZerk
7thpixel
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by 7thpixel »

Hello,

My name is David, born in '76 and live near Washington D.C. I was raised on the Atari 2600 ( boo hiss i know ) but was introduced to the C64 in High School in my Programming class in the early 90's. I've always been a big fan of video game music, and I think it's a genre that has been largely ignored until recently.

I began listening to C64 tunes on SlayRadio around 2001 or so when I started coding full time for $$. I've been following the remix scene for quite some time, but only started actively participating in it this last year or so. As far as my musical background, I wrote lyrics and was the lead singer for a local rock band called Precinct 13. Since I have a background in poetry (works published by the National Library of Congress), it was an easy transition. The band broke up with I moved away in 1999. I then started dabbling in electronic music using some of the early PC music programs.

My personal site is http://www.7thpixel.net and I try to blog about the C64 scene and spread the love.

One day I aspire to have a remix worthy of the kwed collection and make it onto a shoutcast :)
SkyMarshall Arts
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by SkyMarshall Arts »

Oh hi!

I'm Eirik, born in 1982 in south Norway - and live in, well, south norway! (take a wild guess where I want to grow old)
I've been around Commodore since it came to Norway, and officially fell in love with gaming the day my father bought me a Amiga 500 and a garbage bag full of games for roughly 600 dollars. I am one of those that enjoyed Amiga more than the C64 tbh, and I treasure every second I remember of it dearly. I dont remember, but I think I might have been to young to fully appreciate the C64 and it's creative potential.

As for my musical background, I play the guitar and sing in a local little group, and we do silly tunes with silly explicit lyrics about everyday life in norwegian that make people laugh. Actually they're quite popular online here. But what I really love to do, which I discovered early on the Amiga, was making digital music. ProTracker was what I started out with, and got gradually descent at it. Then I got meself a PC 286 I think, and somewhere along those lines I got into FastTracker. Remember late nights trying to squeeze a new track through my insanely slow modem and up to TraxInSpace and that other place I dont remember the name of anymore, trying to get some reckognition and fame. Those where the days.

Well, things have evolved since then, and I think I finally know what Im doing now - to a certaine extent at least. Got my little corner on teh internets with a steady bunch of "fans", if you please. I use FLStudio, Adobe Audition 1.5, Modplug Tracker and Cubase SX3 these days, and I make all sorts of electronic music. But I have a list of 26 games that I want to remix - and I plan to do it sometime in the future. I've already done Turrican 2 (Freedom), Monkey Island, Chrono Trigger, Outlaws and several scene-loaders - but, I've not really started on my Amiga-compilation yet.

Anyway, that is why I am here. To get into the mood, so to speak.
(I think I've been registered since 2005 ... but Im back, and back for good)

If you want to listen to what I make:
http://www.skymarshallarts.com

If you're norwegian by any chance:
http://www.whinerz.com

- Eirik

Edit: Oh yes, put a face to the nick:

God created man
Man created machine
Machine created music

My Website | Discord | Spotify | YouTube | Remix64
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

SkyMarshall Arts wrote: Anyway, that is why I am here. To get into the mood, so to speak.
(I think I've been registered since 2005 ... but Im back, and back for good)

- Eirik
Welcome Back!!! Dont be shy now...
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
modmancer

Post by modmancer »

Hi Everybody!

My Name is Boris Posavec, i am with the '79 generation :)) i started with a c64 in 85/6 (thank gods my parents were ahead of their time and bought me and my brother a computer as soon as they could afford it) and then drifted on to amiga 500 in '87. I am still in love with that piece of hardware! today i work as rt3d engine programmer and technical director in a game dev company in Germany, and few weeks ago i dug out my brothers old amiga 1200 from the garage! now it is lying on my desk in the company, and i am slowly cleaning it and ordering some parts from amigakit.com :) important thing - the beauty is still alive, and reads floppies!
Beside my primary job i do music for 10 years now (ok seriously 10 yrs, but rom the first tracker experiments and some small intro tunes i it is more like 15-6), started as a tracker musician but with time i moved on to PC. today i work with some 100kg hardware synths and mixers and all possible software that lands on my desk :) (i simply love hardware, and feels good to tweak knobs and buttons without using mouse.. costs time but makes fun).
so, two things set me off recently:
1) i attended breakpoint 2008
2) dug out that beautiful a1200 from the "dust of basement"

i am very glad to have discovered this forum!
i also think of starting (finally!) doing some remixes of the old games music, somehow my finger itch, and that nostalgic feeling draws me nearer to that point break. i listen to it for years now, and i simply love the feeling.. plus it reminds me of all the good old stuff..

thanks for the good mood and i wish you all a good night!
Boris

ps
some trivia, i also have a band, BLAME, http://www.myspace.com/blameindustrial and the cd should be published tomorrow :)
and a year and a half ago i worked with some good old-days g33k5 of mine on putting up an inet games radio online, http://www.modmancer.com, kind of a personal tribute to the forgotten scene.
:::.:.::.:...:.::.:..:::.::::.:.::.:...:.::.:..:::.::::.:.::.:...:.::.:..:::.:
insert disk two..
UncleJay

Post by UncleJay »

UncleJay here, hello everyone :)

I'm just your casual remix-lover, I'm not very musical so don't make any remixes myself. I love Last Ninja remixes, I'm extremely nostalgic for that game.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome aboard guys! Have a drink! :cheers: