Am I breaching copyright!?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Am I breaching copyright!?

Post by Razmo »

Hi all...

As some of you know, I'm using http://www.putfile.com for uploading small demo's and sound examples. Today I checked my contents there, and found that 4-5 of my media had been removed due to copyright violations... Funilly enough, it's every file that has either the name 6581, 6562 or 8580 in it... weird! ... it is simple small demo's of me playing live on a SID chip... so I don't see where the breach is actually, and have sent them a question about why they removed it (explanation).

Now, I've been linking to my putfile space in only two places on the net... here at C64 Remix, and at the MIDIBOX SID forum, so I was wondering if it's anyone here who "turned me in"? ... not that I mind, the files not that important, I'm just currious as to why someone would want these files gone!?

The really fun part is, that I've got other SID Chip demos there... but those have not been removed because they do not have the naming of 6581/6582/8580 in them, so something tells me, that someone is removing anything with those names in them.... WEIRD!

I found out about this becuase I needed to show the creator of the MIDIBOX 6582 the sonic differences to the 6582 and 8580 (bandpass filter), just to find that those two demo's were gone! :roll:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Some stupid corporate kneejerk reaction, probably, rather than anyone here trying to cause trouble.

Probably just did a search of their files accompanied by a "delete".

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Chris: It certainly seems as if the thing happened without even listening to the demos, otherwise the other demos with SID would have been deleted as well... some of those "leftovers" actually has a few familiar C64 melodies in them, so they would have been the ones for actual copyright infringement if any :lol: ... the two files in question actually was purely improvisational stuff done by me on SID 8580 and 6582, so there IS no infringement as I see it, unless someone took copyright on something with those names in it... it seems rather stupid and weird really! :roll:
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Think I'll just upload some more files from my old SIDSYNTH project with 8580 in the filename and see what happens :twisted: ... I could really not care less If they closed my account :P
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

That's it.... uploaded 10 demo files again, this time with demos recorded from the Hardware SID synth I was building some years back (and never got finished because I found out about MB SID)...

Demos was done on 8580 SID chip, clocked at 3MHz if I recall right (to lower the time needed to prevent the envelope bug of SID)... they might have some verb and delay as well...

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-1

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-2

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-3

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-4

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-5

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-6

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-7

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-8

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-9

Click here to watch 8580-SID-demo-10

Now we'll see how long time they will stay up :lol:
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I didn't like putfile anyway. Can't you host on your own homepage instead? It's much better.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

XO: Don't have a homepage :wink: ... but Ziphoid talked about hosting my stuff when I was at the chatroom one day... he promissed to write me back, but never did... but maybe he's just forgot about it :lol: ... otherwise that would be a solution in the future...
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

razmo wrote:XO: Don't have a homepage :wink: ... but Ziphoid talked about hosting my stuff when I was at the chatroom one day... he promissed to write me back, but never did... but maybe he's just forgot about it :lol: ... otherwise that would be a solution in the future...
Ziphoid is the dude you want to be talking to about that!

If he's running out of space, then you can get 300 GB/m for 39 DKK. If you can do with less, you can get by with something like 100 DKK/y or less and probably get 1 GB or something like that. You can also get a free Google Pages homepage, probably with a couple of hundred megs of space. I recommend that in any event as it has built-in WYSIWYG. You can get started in minuttes!

http://pages.google.com/

If ever you have something you need, be it gmail, blogs, homepage, galleries, or whatnot - Google has the answer for you. 8)
Moad'Dib
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Moad'Dib »

Sorry but I was looking "Dance Sheila" video instead hearing your audio... :roll:

Do you want to know why? Just look at it by yourselves... :lol:

(Use search to find it)
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

razmo wrote:XO: Don't have a homepage :wink: ... but Ziphoid talked about hosting my stuff when I was at the chatroom one day... he promissed to write me back, but never did... but maybe he's just forgot about it :lol: ... otherwise that would be a solution in the future...
I didn't forget it, but have just been a tad bit too busy. ;) Anyhoo, it's all in your mail... ...even before I saw this thread, actually... *S*
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

xo wrote:
If he's running out of space, then you can get 300 GB/m for 39 DKK. If you can do with less, you can get by with something like 100 DKK/y or less and probably get 1 GB or something like that.
The site that I run with my wife is running on a package of.

20GB Bandwidth Per month / 1GB Storage at a cost of $200 U.S. for a year... not sure if that is a good deal or not..
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Analog-X wrote:
xo wrote:
If he's running out of space, then you can get 300 GB/m for 39 DKK. If you can do with less, you can get by with something like 100 DKK/y or less and probably get 1 GB or something like that.
The site that I run with my wife is running on a package of.

20GB Bandwidth Per month / 1GB Storage at a cost of $200 U.S. for a year... not sure if that is a good deal or not..
I was going to correct my statement as it appeared to be too far out. But the plans are now even better - check this out

360 GB space + 3600 GB transfer for just 39 DKK /mo

So I'll say: Yes, you're being royally screwed, unless you have some exceptional service and add-on products.

Servage gives you PHP scripting. I'm more of a .Net man myself, but for storage, Servage will get you there.