Back in Time Live for those who can't go...

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

Cool or what?

Poll ended at 14/09/2003 - 22:01

Yep.
100%
Uh?
No votes

Total votes: 6

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Back in Time Live for those who can't go...

Post by Chris Abbott »

Thanks to the magic of Skitz, BIT Live concert will be broadcast here:

http://c64audio.valuehost.co.uk/live/bitl4/bitlive.ram

To be picked up with a RealAudio player from 7pm Saturday (British Summer Time) if it works (we haven't been able to test it).

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 15/09/2003 - 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Just to add some technical detail as to what I am going to try and do...

I've got a laptop that has a Wireless adapter built in and it just so happens that the Brighton Centre has a wireless access to the internet!

So, they plan is to attach my laptop to the wireless network and try streaming at 64kbps (32kbps audio / 32kbps video). Now, it is fairly unlikely that you will be able to make out much on the video side of things due to the lighting conditions but I thought I would give it a go - if this is not possible I will probably switch to a multi-rate audio stream so that people using modems can have a listen.

All this is theory at the moment because there is no way for me to test any of this so everybody cross their fingers!

I'll probably be running my ICQ on the laptop too so if you see me online at 601277 then at least the network is working :)

You MUST have the latest RealOne Player to view this as I will be using RealVideo9. Until I start streaming all you will get is a General Error from RealOne.

Hopefully this will be another first for the BITLive events! :)

Skitz
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org