Finally doing what I must.

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Finally doing what I must.

Post by Bog »

Thanks, everyone. I had a truly awesome time - awesome's the only word. The first day, I went promptly from dropping my bags at the hotel to the site, and predictably blubbed my eyes out. Walked to the Empire State Building and looked out over the city. I had a business meeting the following day, where I was - fortunately - warned that lots of anti-war protesters and conspiracy theorists protest over the weekend.

So, I didn't go. You know how hard it is to get protester out of your beard after you've bitten their nose off. And I hear they carry diseases. Went to see Blue Man Group instead, then went up the ESB again to see the city at night.

Went back Monday, maintaining some kind of equilibrium. Went around the tribute museum, cried my damn eyes out again. Bought a large Wacom tablet. Seemed appropos.

Eight million people in that city. All very, very, very much alive. I've got photos of buildings that had been wrecked, that are repaired or replaced, now. I've seen a lot of the living city, and seen with my own eyes that strong backs and clever hands still rule the day, and that murdering bastards can, yes, wound, but they can't kill us - not us as people.

So looking over my memories, it still really hurts. But that's right. That's proper. That's what real, live people should do. The depthless, clanging despair however is gone. It doesn't feel hopeless, or a red screaming rage to look at those memories now. It just hurts, and I know we'll be moving on, remembering the dead, but looking to the living.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

I'm glad it was a positive experience for you, any chance of you putting some pictures you took on here?
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Good to have you back, man. :cheers:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

http://bogster.blogspot.com/

Hugely long blog post about the whole thing there. Feel free to just skip to the piccies.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Glad to have you back... and agree with the wonderful architectural buildings.. I have hundreds of pictures of these buildings.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
leoni
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by leoni »

Bog wrote:http://bogster.blogspot.com/

Hugely long blog post about the whole thing there. Feel free to just skip to the piccies.
I read that long blog post Bog.. and it hit me in the heart - BIG time!

Many hugs to you and welcome back :hug:
!BLEAAAUUUHHH
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

*rehugs*

It's not an easy read - it wasn't easy to write. But I think all the chances of things ending well are in place now, more'n ever.

Thanks. To you all. You've all been so important in that, in so many ways.
Pixel tamer
annablack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by annablack »

Huge hugs sweets
x x x
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Best wishes for your trip. I was NYC a few years back and refused to leave without visiting ground zero and without paying my respects. Although i knew know one who was involved in the tragic events it still left me close to tears.

I hope you find the closure mate that you need. Best Wishes pal.

Edit: Sorry, I just realised that you've already been. Still, I hope the journey somehow helped your hurt.

Just read your blog mate - I wish i were able to my thoughts into words so well. When ever i feel the need to write something close to my heart it feels like i can just write it down but when i come to the crunch all words fail me - It never comes out the way i intended it to. That's a talent that mate!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

tas wrote:Best wishes for your trip. I was NYC a few years back and refused to leave without visiting ground zero and without paying my respects. Although i knew know one who was involved in the tragic events it still left me close to tears.
Wife and I visited the site for our 6th wedding anniversary and I although just like you, we didnt anyone there... You cant help but tearful knowing what took place there.

I dont think anyone who is Human can go there and not feel something.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120