PRESS PLAY ON TAPE live, April 19th 2008

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Re: PRESS PLAY ON TAPE live, April 19th 2008

Post by beyond »

OK, now the deal is closed so it's time to reveal the good stuff:

Powerplay, a Swedish Nintendo band is coming to Copenhagen to support us on the evening. The setup is guitar, bass, drums and keyboard. They should be well known in Sweden as they've been on national TV and played at several large events. If you want to have a listen go to YouTube and search for "powerplay nintendo".

So... will we see you there, guys?

-Theo
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

I just got some feedback from the venue concerning tickets. This time the tickets are actually being sold faster that the last time! So if you wanna go, buy now... or risk no PPOT :)

-Theo
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

AAARGH!

AAARGH!
NO PPOT?

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Yup...
Ha-ha!

Ha-ha!
No PPOT for people not buying tickets in due time!

beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Tickets are still being sold at a good rate so buy if you really want to go.

Anyhoo, the real reason for writing a new post is that the venue is opening a restaurant in their VIP-lounge on the night we are going to play there. Because of PPOT they've "invented" Commodore-sandwiches priced at 64 DKK. How about that? :)

Ok, not that big a piece of news but it's a funny anecdote... I think :)
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

If any of you out there is living in Denmark or close enough to Copenhagen that you think people around you might be tempted to attend our concert on The Rock, April 19th, you can download our poster for the event here (3000x4000, 1MB), print it out and put it somewhere to tempt other potential concert goers :) If you'd care to do that we'd appreciate it a whole bunch! No kisses or anything, we promise ;)

The poster looks like this:

TIA
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Got my tickets yesterday! :D I'll bring Elsa and Hanna as well. I'm looking forward to hearing you, Theo & Co! See you there! 8)
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Cool, as alway it's fantastic to hang out with you VRs :)

-T
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

FYI: Tickets are selling pretty good atm. Actually, more than half's gone a week ago (which is more than the last time we played there at this point) which means that some non-ticket-holders will be turned down at the door.

Ok, enough stressing about :) Looking forward to see you!

-Theo
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

All I can say is, well done on another excellent show! Sara and I missed the very end, though. We had to beat the crowd to get the jackets, to make the one o'clock train back to Malmö.

Powerplay were really a surprised, and especially the keyboardist impressed me. Don't know how I've been able to miss their existence prior to this event. :oops:

The only thing I was sort of disappointed with, was the lack of rockage in the crowd up by the stage. I got up by the stage to jump around a bit, and everyone were just standing there. Ah well. I'll need to get ACE and n3mo there next time to rock out with. ;)

EDIT: Loved the TV-theme medley!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Glad to hear you liked it, Makke. Also nice to bump into Jan et al.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet the rest of you swedes. I looked for you but couldn't find you.
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

wE WERE THERE OH YES WE WERE. aND WE LIKED IT SOO MUCH EVEN OUR CAPS-LOCK KEYS GOT STUCK IN THE ROCK! :duh:

Anyway, yes you do know how to handle a crowd, I do like what you do very much! I have a guess that compared to last year's "theRock-concert", there were less C64-nerds and more of "normal Danes" (now, who said that there is something like a normal Dane? Oh, I did...). And, you're up to above 20% females in your audience, which is a very nice improvement since all BitLive-concerts. :)

As usual when it comes to Copenhagen, there's never enough time (and enough silence) to get to speak to you guys properly. I'll have to come up with another strategy to get to hang around with you guys than attending your concerts. ;) But, yes, Samuel is 6 months now, and he's doing excellent.

I agree with Makke, the TV-themes were excellent (and actually, Visa Röster did think once upon a time of making a TV-theme-related CD. It ended up - like quite a lot of my nerd-related ideas nowadays - in the bin for projects that would be nice to do after I've cloned myself.

Your pac-man video looks promising, although I didn't get any sense in it at all. But I guess there'll be a non-live version with a start and an ending, quite different from the background-CG it was at the concert! Theo, great work as always!

The sound engineer could have raised the volume on Jesper's guitar - I love to hear you playing, you're *really* good at it, as I hope you know!

Powerplay. Nice. Very good at what they are doing. I do seem to lack a little when it comes to having fond memories of their tunes, since I never touched a NES back then. And "that" synth sound - really characteristic for the NES, but a litte tiresome after a while. Still, perfectly played and nicely woven together with the rest of the band.

Well, so many impressions, and boy I did enjoy myself. I also got to experience the *SUMMER* which suddenly appeared in Copenhagen while I and Elsa spent the day shopping there. To be honest, we ate most of our buys, there's no use in buying furniture and try to bring it to a PPOT concert ;)

Anyway, quite a rant, but hey, you did read it, so I guess it was worth it!

And Theo: I hope to see you soon, somewhere, someday!
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Pex: Thanks for all the nice words and comments. Concerning the Pacman-video: that was just background video as you've guessed. Actually it was an old test run, just edited real quickly for The Rock as I didn't have time for more. The intro took more time that I thought. The real Pacman-video will be something similar but with more stuff in it, of course. I'm glad you liked the concert.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

There are two videos from the concert found on YouTube that you can watch... That's our new 80's tv medley and Monty on the Run

EDIT: And some photos too, now.
herbaculum
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by herbaculum »

Thanks for a really great concert!! It was a very nice evening - and definately worth the trip to Copenhagen :D

/herbaculum