SID expansion for Nexus2

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

SID expansion for Nexus2

Post by DHS »

New major upgrade to Nexus (Nexus 2) and SID expansion avaiable! :)

More info and mp3 demo here:

http://refx.com/?lang=en&page=products/nexus/expansions

Ciao.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Hazel
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: SID expansion for Nexus2

Post by Hazel »

That mp3 demo sounds VERY good.. That's got to be a 'must have' expansion.. :)
-¤- SceneSat staff-member -¤-
Wavedancer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Wavedancer »

Yeah, sounds really cool but this time you have the choice to use high quality sounds within or not :D
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re:

Post by Mordi »

I just found out about that today. The demo sounds just great. Must have for sure.
Kind of expensive VST for a hobbyist though. Here's hoping the pirates will share their booty some say soon. :mrgreen:
Check out my website.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Re:

Post by Tonka »

Mordi wrote:Here's hoping the pirates will share their booty some say soon. :mrgreen:
It's Syncrosoft dongle protected, so that's HIGHLY unlikely. If you want it so badly, you'd better just start saving now...

Personally, I wish they'd just dump Nexus and get on with Octasid (or even just update Quadrasid for Gawdz sake)! :D
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Tonka wrote:
Mordi wrote:Here's hoping the pirates will share their booty soon. :mrgreen:
It's Syncrosoft dongle protected, so that's HIGHLY unlikely. If you want it so badly, you'd better just start saving now...
Hmmm. That's too bad... :| I do have the money, but I don't really have the musical skills to justify a buy.
Are they going to release a new SID-vst some time (octasid)?

Here's a general (off topic) question for you all; Why don't some huge company make the ultimate VST that have so many sliders that you can make virtually any sound possible with a VST?
Check out my website.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Mordi wrote:I just found out about that today. The demo sounds just great. Must have for sure.
Kind of expensive VST for a hobbyist though. Here's hoping the pirates will share their booty some say soon. :mrgreen:
Maybe i should tell mike @ reFX to do an unprotected version so you can pirate it.
Tonka wrote:Personally, I wish they'd just dump Nexus and get on with Octasid (or even just update Quadrasid for Gawdz sake)!
Quadrasid sold close-to-nothing copies compared to Nexus. Looks like most of the people just preferred to download pirated copies of it, making the project for OctaSID come to a stop.

Also, Nexus is a much more flexible instrument, while QuadraSID can only produce... sid sounds. And despite the price, it sold very very well, even to some top musicians and producers in the world, including some very famous french electronic musician ;)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

DHS wrote:
Mordi wrote:I just found out about that today. The demo sounds just great. Must have for sure.
Maybe i should tell mike @ reFX to do an unprotected version so you can pirate it.
:eekout:

:P
Check out my website.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

DHS wrote:
Quadrasid sold close-to-nothing copies compared to Nexus. Looks like most of the people just preferred to download pirated copies of it, making the project for OctaSID come to a stop.
Really? That's official? Damn - that is bad news... :(
DHS wrote:
Also, Nexus is a much more flexible instrument
Really? I thought it was just one of those overblown romplers that fill your HD up with 20gb of samples, of which only about 2gb are actually worth using (and they are usually the 2gb that everybody else is using)? ;)
DHS wrote: while QuadraSID can only produce... sid sounds.
Not true.
DHS wrote: And despite the price, it sold very very well, even to some top musicians and producers in the world, including some very famous french electronic musician ;)
This... does not... impress me...
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: SID expansion for Nexus2

Post by Dr.Future »

I'm pretty sure OctaSID will come to life in a not very soon future... :mrgreen:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!