GODS slow as shite :D

For those who want to post remixes from other platforms or show off their original work. Post them here!
trace
Forum God
Forum God

GODS slow as shite :D

Post by trace »

Was playing around with Ableton Live and put together this sloooooooooooow track with GODS :D
The track ended up at around 6 mins at 95bpm, my originaly remix of gods is on 250bpm(don't know why) 8)
It gets really heavy when the drums kicks in, I don't know what you think about it but I think it went pretty cool 8)
http://trace.ziphoid.com/WIP/gods_sloooooooooow.mp3
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: GODS slow as shite :D

Post by Vosla »

Awww myyy gaaawd!

Funny idea but that's too much. At 2:00 it works at that speed but prior the notes get too stretched for me. Feels like driving with the handbrake being on firmly. Voice samples and the lead instrument could use some more "esoteric" makeover IMHO. :)

I would love to see you keeping tinkering with this one. :D
All is lost.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Yeah I know, I did this just for fun and I could make the samples sound better and make it sound "better" lol :D

Maybe I should name this one "GODS (For the love of god, let go of the handbreak)" :lol:
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

I think it's pretty good, takes some getting used to the slow speed. I like the first 60 seconds, but when the retro type sound kicks in at 80 seconds it sounds too drawn out, maybe speeding it up by adding some more notes to it might help. Overall it's a nice effort just needs a bit more life to it but it's a fine balance while keeping it slow but not too slow.