Fever

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Tim Forsyth
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Fever

Post by Tim Forsyth »

Well it seem like the fever generated by BIT Brighton has begun to die down a little, not just (I hope) in the physical sense (with all the colds etc.) but with the postings on the board.

The event really has revitalised the boards for the past week, with all number of people posting comments and experiences that, on a normal week, would have been fairly quiet in comparison. As I remember reading this week, this is a testiment to the vision and passion that Chris, Kenz and Skitz have plowed into a very active and friendly community. Thank you.

Anyway, the point, if I guess there is one (apart from praise), is that I wonder if there is room for a monthly (or bi-monthly) meet for people that share the spirit and fancy getting together in a mutually convenient location to share beer and a laugh.

Nothing too commital, but does anyone here, after Saturday's meet (and the pub stuff I missed) wanna get together, somewhere like London or inbetween for a beer or 5??

Just a thought?

tim.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

yeah, this was something our little band was speaking about. I think it's a great idea.
Tim Forsyth
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Tim Forsyth »

I think that what spurred this thread on was a) the great time i had at BIT 1 and 5 and b) how little people i recognised/knew.

So if more people are up for it, then marvellous! :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I was impressed by how long it all went on: nearly a week!

Anyway, every two months sounds like a good thing. If someone brings a laptop I could bring the soundz no one has heard from the C64Audio studio or whatever, and demo some good stuff, etc. Maybe we could persuade one or two people in the neighbourhood to pop by :) It would probably have to be near one of the mainline termini though.

Maybe we should do it in one of the hotel bars rather than a pub though? You still get drunk, but more classily!

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Why don't we call them "Remix 64 nights"?

Chris
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Sounds cool :)

I'll keep my eyes on this board, maybe I'm around on one of those nights when I visit the UK for work, who knows? :)

Crumpet anyone?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Well i can say almost for certain Dan will be up for it, and i CERTAINLY am and Thomsk brought the idea up originally with our band so i guess he will be.

I Reckon London is the best place as it is easy to get to from both North and South. (Look i am actually vindicating the south for once ;)

Anyway i'm up for it :)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

i think every 2 months is a bit much, we'd need to keep it special. so i would say every 4 months roughly.

like two night events in the year and one bitlive event.

example: (if we use the remix64 nights as suggested by Chris)

Jan: remix64 nights

May: Bitlive

Sept: remix64 nights

or something like that, too much of a good thing is bad. if ya get my drift
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, I guess. I don't think the remix64 nights would be a huge thing though: if only two people turn up you've got a gathering :)

The important thing is that they need no organisation by me, except
pulling a string or two here or there...

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

yup, it'd be nothing much like in the terms of bitlive would it? But what it is is an excuse for a good old piss-up with friends who have an interest in the same thing. No frills, no glamour just a good night out with friends.

Priceless :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, exactly. :)
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

As one of the resident alcoholics I also must point out that hotel bars stay open until the last casualty's gone to bed.

Huzzah :D
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Tas wrote:Well i can say almost for certain Dan will be up for it,
Whats that supposed to mean :!: lol, there isnt really any organisation, its just see if people can get a day or two off work and then nominate a place to go for a couple of drinks, I dont even think we need bother with music, it would just be some guys with a common interest getting together for a couple of beers. I would suggest that it is somewhere neutral tho, I dont wanna be the one guy who has to travel 200 miles so someone else doesnt have to.

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Tim Forsyth
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Tim Forsyth »

>>I dont even think we need bother with music, it would just be some guys with a common interest getting together for a couple of beers.

Yeah dan, exactly. Be nice to meet up with a few people, have a laugh, get drunk etc....

I think part of my reason for suggesting this was the fact that I didn't mingle as much as I should have at BIT5, and I now regret it a little since all the people I did share a few words with were really sorted people out for a good night out.