Marble madness

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Marble madness

Post by Infamous »

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/marbles.mp3

Just a quick wip to see if its worth carrying on with, dont think theres been many if any remixes of this put up here, despite it being quite the catchy little tune (i loved the arcade version of it .. nearly made up for the god awful game.. fucking marble.. grrr)..

Anyway things i already know of -

The bass is a bit grrr and i need to turn it down and somewere towards the end it goes bum bum BUM! bum bum .. and thats wrong (and out of context.. so is repeatedly saying bum)

Theres a few fx missing, because i removed them.. too loud and i dunno if i like the transitions so playing devils advocate i removed them from this version.

and thats about it.. let me know what you think.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Marble madness

Post by Infamous »

Same link updated file.

Changed the bassline to something a little less harsh, need to beef it up a little though.
but its taking shape.

The section where it changes and starts climbing up im likely to use as a bridge to the next "verse" section, should work out ok.. he say's with bright optimism
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

and again.. its updated

this is what happens when you find yourself sat up at nearly 4am waiting for your other half to come in from a night out you couldnt go on yourself because you feel like crap.

Anyway changes

Beefed the bassline up, and added a few extra sections
did the bridge section, sounds alright.. but i want to play around with the 2nd bars string line so it doesnt just follow the mainline (much like it does at the start) and on the 2nd run pitch it up so it sounds a bit more "epic"

Will be taking out one instance of the word "marble" and just leaving in madness.. during the 48bar bridge.. to the bridge (surely not?... i dunno)

The drumbeat will be played with so that theres a bit more variation to it, the drumbeat that plays during the middle section (thats what its meant to be called.. ignore me calling it a bridge.. the bridge IS that 48 bar bit.. duh and indeed.. arse).

Bit of fiddling here and there and a suitable ending and bobs your uncle, i believe this might be my 1st and only release for 2008, might just hold it back to be pretentious though, ive always wanted to be pretentious.. might even grow a little beard to stroke :-D

anyway comments/suggestions greatly received.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

That's sounding really good so far, not much bum (as you put it) at all. :) The bit just after 2 minutes reminds me of another c64 tune but i can't bloody remember what it is at the moment. :duh: I hope your other half made it back OK, and not too pissed. :wink:
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

she was absolutely fucking trollied mate lol had to carry her upstairs and she kept repeatedly telling me she loved my cute little face before passing out and snoring like a herd of wilderbeast.

love is indeed .. blind.

But thanks, i removed the grr'ness of the original bass and managed to compress it to sit neatly behind the drums which im quite proud of, one flick either side of the compressor and its either fuzzy or non descript so that was a sheer luck moment, its got an ending to it now im just going over it again a couple of times to make sure theres no bumps/spikes and then i shall pop it over to rko and vgmix
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

updated the file above.. final version i already have but i aint gonna put that up for obvious reasons.. negates putting it on rko lol.

as you can hear the bassline is alot more GGRRRRR than before but not grrr enough that it makes your house fall down, also sorted out the way it plays so its not the little march, the drumbeat is swapped about a little and instead of being a 16bar job is a 64.

Couple of things that are in the final version, you can hear the dee dee dee bit in the middle section a bit better, spaced it out so it sits somewere between drum and bass and it works nicely... im pretty proud of this for a couple day's of work.

comments greatly received
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Infamous rocks da house!!!!

Great job!!! :D
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Hey Infamous, please finish that Marble Madness track!
It's one of the best tracks you ever made IMO.
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

I agree with RK...
Reminds me abit of the old 90's dance 8)

Get it finished m8 :wink:
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

YEAH! Finish that sucker! This screams of 'Infamous', m8! :dancing:
All is lost.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God