Hey, reccomend me your favorite C64 titles!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hey, reccomend me your favorite C64 titles!

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

RobinsonMason wrote:Laser Squad - A turn-based strategy game that is still playable fun today and good to use with "snapshot" save state - you can send the snapshot to a friend for a play-by-e-mail challenge
There was a tweaked version of one of the emulators floating around at one point, that allowed two people to connect over the net and pass control of the joystick back and forth. I never tried it myself, but my first thought at the time was "This will be brilliant for Laser Squad."

Don't know why I've never thought about exchanging snapshots instead. It's so simple it's brilliant. Assuming you can trust you opponent won't cheat and check the position of one's squadmembers. :D
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:
RobinsonMason wrote:Laser Squad - A turn-based strategy game that is still playable fun today and good to use with "snapshot" save state - you can send the snapshot to a friend for a play-by-e-mail challenge
There was a tweaked version of one of the emulators floating around at one point, that allowed two people to connect over the net and pass control of the joystick back and forth. I never tried it myself, but my first thought at the time was "This will be brilliant for Laser Squad."

Don't know why I've never thought about exchanging snapshots instead. It's so simple it's brilliant. Assuming you can trust you opponent won't cheat and check the position of one's squadmembers. :D
I think that's called "Kaillera"..there's also a MAME version with support for that, so you can Play games over the net.

[edit] Checked.. CCS64 supports Kaillera : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaillera
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Cecco's 'Exolon' is a fine, FINE game that I never seem to tire of playing. Sadly though, I do think the Spectrum version is a teeeeeeny bit more playable. :oops:

Aaaaaaannnnnddd.... FLAME! :eekout:
MartinStatic
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by MartinStatic »

Hey, am trying to check these out, but currently sadly am out of internet access at home, so am instead spending my time workinf on a 'retro'-looking game for you guys since I am so bored.
And am doing a Richard Joseph cover too :)
Once again, thanks =]