Yay, another Comic Bakery mix

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Raven Squad
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Yay, another Comic Bakery mix

Post by Raven Squad »

Ok here is my try for Comic Bakery remix as it would seem that everybody is making them :mrgreen: .

Genre is punk? rock something :confusion: .

New version
Baking Comics 2009
Last edited by Raven Squad on 11/03/2009 - 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Yay, another Comic Bakery mix

Post by RobinsonMason »

That is a hot sound indeed, and not just more of the same. Good! Not to push my requests, but that initial guitar would be sooo perfect for Telengard subtune 1...!

http://www.slayradio.org/sid_info.php?s ... _BASIC.sid

I can totally hear the guitar rocking out on that, and I had no idea of what would be the right instrument to remix that creepy tune with. Thanks!
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

That's pretty nice, the only problem i have with it is the sound is a bit thin. Overall a nice attempt.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

A nice start, but as said, needs fattening up and better mixing. But that can be dealt with in time ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Raven Squad
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Raven Squad »

New version released. I fixed many minor things that bugged me, mainly in the drum deparment. Also i tried to do something to the guitars. You can get it from here Baking Comics 2009 . I also updated link at the first post.
RobinsonMason wrote:That is a hot sound indeed, and not just more of the same. Good! Not to push my requests, but that initial guitar would be sooo perfect for Telengard subtune 1...!

I can totally hear the guitar rocking out on that, and I had no idea of what would be the right instrument to remix that creepy tune with. Thanks!
I'll check that out and see if i can come up something, but i can't make any promises.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Raven Squad wrote:That initial guitar would be sooo perfect for Telengard subtune 1...!

I'll check that out and see if i can come up something, but i can't make any promises.
Just that you'll check it out is enough to bring a smile to my face. Warning - it's VERY retro SID (with some old skool "wind" noise at the start)! :D

Question - how did you put your remix together (actual instruments used, etc.)? I could totally imagine hearing a garage band playing that, and I guess that's what you were shooting for. Is it all synth?
Raven Squad
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Raven Squad »

Yes its all synths. Made entirely with tracker (renoise), so no real instruments were harmed in making of this remix :) . Guitars are collection of samples and softsynths. Though mostly they are from a Kore Player. This is kind of my first experiment in this style of music, as normally i do weird elektrorockpop something :D
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Man, i really like this. Personally i'd prefer "dancier" and less noisy drums though.
/Goblin of Light
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Better... it's certainly getting there.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...